Can someone explain the trinity to me?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Kandahar, Jan 16, 2005.

1. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Thats a possibility I agree. But not accepted by orthodox Christianity.

2. BlackBillBlake

There are many other femminine aspects too - but none of them is a part of what Christians accept as the trinity.
    BVM for example, is seen by catholics not as a goddess type figure but an intercessor, as are other saints. But she is certainly not part of the trinity.

3. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

I knew that, long ago. I say that if you have three positions and men get all of them, then the Equal Rights folks up there have some work to do. I would think it odd that not one out of three was a woman.
    What about the Black Madonna? She is allegedly who the Gothic Cathedrals are all dedicated to, so she must be pretty high up there.

4. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

There are some religious people who believe that Jesus is the son of God. God is a Spirit, he cannot be seen. This is where theophany's came into play. A Theophany is a physical manifestation of God. The Burning bush, (Exodus 3), the pillar cloud, (Exodus 13:21, 19:9) and the greatest theophany of all, Jesus Christ, the physical form of the Lord. Before he came to earth, the people of the Old Testament would often use seers to commune with the Lord. They would come to a seer with their questions and seek answers. When God appeared as Jesus Christ, it gave the people a solid matter they could relate with. A physical contact with him.

After his death, Jesus Christ appeared to his apostles and told them to wait in Jerusalem for the gift that was promised to them. This gift was the infilling of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Jesus Christ. During Pentecost, while praying in the upper room, the Spirit of the Lord is what the 120 were filled with as they began to speak in tongues. Not the Holy Spirit as the third, "person", of the trinity.

[​IMG]

"And the word was made flesh".....

5. dutch_diciple

dutch_diciple Member

"Not the Holy Spirit as the third, "person", of the trinity."

What do you mean?

6. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

It sounds more and more like I'd need a masters degree in theoretical calculus to grasp it.

7. arlia

arlia Members

yeah it can!
    iv seen steam ice and liquid all at the same time

8. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

Alright.... the image that was always portrayed to me when I was a child was this. God sits in the middle of the throne. Jesus sits and his right, and the Holy Spirit floats around his left side. The Holy Spirit isn't a mist of white that hovers around. It isn't the dove that ascended when Jesus was baptized (he was baptized as an example for us). The Holy Spirit is Christ's spirit. The Spirit he gave up when he took his last breath upon the cross.

For example, my father is represented as three different forms:

A Father - God
    A Son - Jesus
    A Husband - Holy Spirit

He is all three, just as God is all three.

9. Lucy_In_The_Sky

Lucy_In_The_Sky Member

Nobody wants to read my article..? :(

10. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Senior Member

Epiphany is apparently a "oneness" Pentecostal, whose theology is a modern rendition of the third century Sabellianist heresy:

http://aomin.org/CHALC.html

11. BlackBillBlake

But - where's the wife? Where's mum?

12. BlackBillBlake

Yes - although officially the catholic church doesn't accept BVM as a Divine being in the sense of a goddess, still, she has served this role historically nonetheless.
    Some posit that this is a survival, or a translation into christian terms of earlier pre-christian goddess worship.

13. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Senior Member

God is revealed to us in Scripture in masculine terms because we collectively as his people (men included) are said to be his bride. (See Eph. 5)

14. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

We are the wife. The body of Christ is the wife.

Epiphany is an Apostolic Pentecostal. The teachings Jesus Christ handed down to his apostles, to be preached on in all nations. I do not speak of things that are not in God's own word.

15. juggla

juggla Member

jesus prayed to god in the garden of geshemeny(s/p?), he prayed to god alot in the gosples(why would he pray to himself?), jesus met god at his transfiguration(could he decend from heaven to met and counsel himself?), when being crucified he said he was going to sit on the right hand of god(but you said he was god).

16. BlackBillBlake

Yes but thats not the issue. The issue is the trinity, and I am pointing out that it is an all-male affair.