Can push ups get you ripped?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by FreshDacre, Jul 15, 2009.

1. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Yeah, fuck you too, kid.
    Go ahead and put that 40 lb bag of rocks on your back and remember me when you go in for joint surgery;).... I'm sorry I ever replied to your pathetic fucking thread...

2. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Who's the "mr. testosterone".. flipping the fuck out over a couple posts :rolleyes:

3. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

i dunno. if there's a legitimate article written about steroids being not as harmful as people say if taken properly, i'd be inclined to believe it, regardless of my preconceptions. that being said, i've been somewhat of a meathead at a couple points in my life and i'd never do them either. hell, i won't even take that creatine shit.

4. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

I saw some documentary awhile back that was "pro-steroid-ish" i cannot remember the name.. but it was pretty good.. and it did have some solid points on steroid use and defunct some of the myths of steroids.. that being said.. i won't use them

5. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

6. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

I don't see how it's a pathetic thread I asked a legit question and got the info i wanted. I can see why your butthurt though i don't call many people dumbass'.

7. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

8. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

the best pushup for gaining muscle mass is the cock pushup, of course

9. Yert

Yert Member

Dude you don't know everything, I think you realized your lack of authoritau so you got angry that you tried to play an expert and failed, it's okay though pal everyone makes mistakes.

I'm actually not balding at all, I just have a high hairline = ). Very big of you to jump on a physical feature that is unrelated to the conversation when you're too scared to post any pictures yourself, but I do just fine with the chicks tyvm. Maybe I'll post a sex tape with me in it so you can remember what it's like to be with one.

Have a wonnnnnnderful day!

10. Yert

Yert Member

Quite right.

11. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

Lulz at this thread

pushups are great. won't get huge from them, can only externally load them so much...so much better options out there for that. but they are a great exercise.

and there is nothing unfair to using steroids or any other PES unless you are competing in a drug free competition. thats besides the point of this thread though

12. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

never heard of push ups doing anything for your core but who knows
    normally, it's a combination of diet, core exercises and good genes

13. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes! Especially if you do them slow and deliberate (3 seconds going down, 3 seconds coming back up), and add wide armed, close hand, and elevated push-ups in there. Push-ups are also good for strengthening your core. It was mentioned using weights on your back for resistance is a good way to help build muscle, but good luck putting fuckin rocks or 40 pound bags of dog food "on ya back by yo damn self", LOL! That can be dangerous, and if you aren't careful, you can put too much weight and damage your back, shoulders and wrists. If you are going to work with any kind of weight with push-ups, I suggest getting a weighted vest you can buy from Walmart or other sport stores. It weighs roughly 20-25 pounds, provides resistant going up and down because you have weight equally distributed in front and back of the vest. Works well!

14. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Man, you don't do no mutha fuckin "cock push-ups".

McFuddy likes this.
  15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i do cock chin-ups.

16. Yert was huuuuge

17. Joboo6

Joboo6 Members

Ask Herchal Walker.

Eric! likes this.
  18. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

that dude was/is a freak athlete
    so maybe you can
    I keep doing the ab routine

19. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

diet
    and a good workout routine

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I believe they can. I don't lift weight, I just use my own body weight as resistance. Might just have to do more push ups as you get stronger. I first started on 59 push-ups a night, when that became easy I went to 100. Toned up really well, them and 500 crunches a night. Look pretty good.