Can Jesus be God if he is not all knowing?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by GreatestIam, Nov 13, 2018.

1. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Holy spirit, as far as I can dither out, was Christianity's way of writing women out of the Trinity concept that was already accepted from the Egyptian myths of Father, Mother and child.

Jesus could not die for our sins as he said he came to fulfil the law. Not break these laws.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Christians tend to ignore that fact as all they care about is their get out of hell free card. They do not care that it is quite immoral to use a scapegoat.

Regards
    DL

2. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Take a look at the quotes just above and see that Jesus could not die for us. It would have been immoral/unethical for him to do so.

Regards
    DL

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Yes, I like religion.

4. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

From a literal reading POV, you are bang on. The bible becomes garbage.

From an esoteric and allegorical POV, the bible is a great teaching tool.

As a Gnostic Christian, I recommend that all read it as that is the quickest way to create atheists or agnostics.

Regards
    DL

5. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Oh my.
    Are you a fellow Gnostic Christian?
    have you pushed your apotheosis?

Regards
    DL

6. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

All should as that in a real and demonstrable sense, is true.

Regards
    DL

7. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Then you are not a moral person.

You like what hurts many without as just cause.

You might want to ignore me as I am hard on those of your vile ilk.

Regards
    DL

soulcompromise likes this.
  8. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

When Jesus was on the cross he asked, "Father why hast thou forsaken me?" If he was all knowing, then he would not have needed to ask a question!

GreatestIam likes this.
  9. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

No but I did study the Gnostic beliefs at one point.

stormountainman likes this.
  10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I think its a character in Seinfeld

I also see Jesus more as a fellow human than God incarnate but humans in general, including Jesus, as children of God (not literally of course), not gods themselves.

11. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Indeed. It also has him talking to himself, not to mention the times he prays to himself.

Regards
    DL

12. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

You seem to have basically accepted the world view that we have.

Nice.

I hope you are as militant against evil, including evil religions, as you should be. For evil top grow and all that.

Regards
    DL

13. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Not a supernatural God, --- but better. A real one in the sense of being ones own master.

It is all in our name for our God, that being I am.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that lazy Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
    DL

scratcho likes this.
  14. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Jesus.

Better than you.

Probably.

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I applaud being your own master but I don't see the point in calling that godly/godlike.

Curiously enough it is mainly said by gnostic christians.

16. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Asmo, Asmo! George Washington is one of two people who invented Peanut Butter! The other one is Deaf Smith!

17. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

As humans we have physical limitations but if we step beyond our humanity we will find that those limitations are but frail & fragile illusions placed upon us by our ego.
    My world view is similar in some respects to that of a Gnostic but I know that both good & evil are only concepts enforced by our limited human understanding. Neither actually exists except in the moment of their acknowledgment

18. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

He can if the bible is a fantasy fiction novel written by crazy sand people.

19. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

What if God was one of us? Would they raise our rent? Would I have to move away from sweet baby velvet Jesus? Jesus just left Chicago, and he's bound for New Orleans... Hell Yeah... then out to California, through the burning forests and the pines!

20. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor