Can I take CBD gummy bears on an airplane?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by JE303, Aug 1, 2019.

1. JE303

JE303 A little paranoid and a lot of rock and roll

Since CBD is legal in all 50 states I don't see why not but who knows about the TSA? I did read an article that said the TSA has admitted that they don't really look for illegal substances but then again if you don't really trust the government that's hard to believe. I need the gummies for severe anxiety/panic which is an official diagnosis by an actual psychiatrist by the way. Thinking about taking a trip to New York sometime in September.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  2. Yes. Put them in A Ziploc bag .snacks

3. JE303

Ah. Okay. Thank you for the response. It didn't dawn on me about the clear Ziploc bag. That does make sense.

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I wouldn't do that. In fact, I would check with TSA. They may say "fine". :)

5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Dogs at the airport are trained for bombs not drugs. It's intense training and a dog goes for one or the other.

It's easy to fly with edibles if you vaccum seal but it is a felony to traffic weed across state lines.

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think their guidance may be outdated because what I read claimed CBD was illegal. There are articles; one of which said a grandma was arrested or her stuff was confiscated or something. lol

Here's a website: Frequently Asked Questions

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

First point... CBD is not legal in all 50 states.

Second point... People are getting busted at airports for having it in their possession or in their luggage.

So, yeah. Go ahead...

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

Ohio ended the interference of the CBD industry is now legal there..as of today actually..

9. Don’t Be chicken. They look just like gummy bears, taste like gummy bears, a little CBD’s not gonna get you in trouble and if it does it’s going to be a slap on the wrist. At most

10. JE303

Hmm. Seems to be a gray area. CBD is in fact legal under federal law. I have two different types. One that is derived from hemp and does not contain thc. The other has a small amount and is medicinal. I was thinking about taking the hemp gummies that does not have any thc but does still help with anxiety and panic.

11. Take them all. I would be taking some trees myself. I am not afraid of the TSA

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

being arrested and detained for something ya can buy anywhere or have Amazon shipped overnight is a great idea..

Rahab likes this.
  13. If Amazon can do it.....

14. BlastOff

BlastOff Members

yes, but look into alternative packaging
    my brother taught me this:
    (you have to have a heat sealer...around $15 on amazon)
    buy a cheap bag of gummies
    eat them and place your CBD gummies in the bag
    seal them with the heat sealer

you should be good the bring them on the plane
    make sure to include with other snacks

link for the heat seal machine
    https://www.amazon.com/Handheld-Con...+seal+machine&qid=1568687235&s=gateway&sr=8-5