Can I get High off of Zopiclone?

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by Weed&Speed2008, Mar 17, 2008.

1. honey_dipped

honey_dipped Guest

i took my zopiclone as i regularly would to go to sleep... tonight i decided to smoke a few bowls after the fact... well an hour later and i'm trippin baaaalllss. fun balls.

2. Needaquickfix

Needaquickfix Guest

just took 3 x 3.75
    Wil report back, i took a little cocktail last night and it was a tad like LSD trip but not sure if it was the zopiclone or just because i mixed em up

will let ya all know shortly ;)

3. passthison

passthison Guest

hey, I search for other experiences in cause of taking zopiclon. I take this since the last 3 years..or longer?
    after few months I stopped taking zopiclone for further weeks (without any addiction) but I didn't slept. actually I get it for my insomnia. but I find out that this stuff makes me (feel) high.
    like a user on the top said, I writing my thoughts in my diary, like every evening before I sleep. first I have documentated how zopiclon interacts. the next day I took my book and read a curious style of writing..it was bigger and just orderless. and I find out what I felt etc. see double, dizzy in my head and absolutely high, uncontrollably. my boyfriend said I would slur and laugh like a drunken man..or in my cause like a drunken woman.

then it makes fun to take this stuff and I look forward to take my next dose and start writing something funny. months later I get back in depressions and I started writing short stories about feelings in strange deep ways again..difficult to understand but pretty brilliant the morning after. the fun is, while I'm on zopiclone, all what I do in this time seems so wide and imprecisely, I was about to gettin insane. all was so simliar. for regular I needed 2-3hours before I fall asleep.

one of my best term paper (I study media design) I create with zopiclone. I tried sketch up for the first time in this night and I wasn't able to remind how I create that shit but it looks so nice and the fun was, that I cannot remind what I thought or something, nevertheless I know how I had to use sketch up - in cause of the short amnesia.

since last month I get zopiclon again. no other sleep inducing drug will help me for longer time..it's frustrating. my doctor takes fright to give me more than 20 pills for two months..this means I can take it just twice a week :/ I'm so tired and I will sleep..just sleep. no matter of the positive side effects of zopiclone.
    I'm from germany - maybe it's the cause why the doctors be so reserved...I don't know.

the one user asked for writings - I have a lot of short stories, but all of them in german.

another point: the bitter taste is very bad when I slug down the pill - when zopiclone begins to work I like the tasting and I feeling hungry and get a desire for orange juice or carbohydrates.
    water or milk tastes bad, this is true. but on the other hand all what I eat or drink tastes better and more intensive. Last evening I didn't eat anything (just breakfast), want go to bed and then with zopiclon I made the best omlet that I've ever eaten x)

4. passthison

passthison Guest

anybody with simliary experiences or just to talk about? :)

5. iknow2much

iknow2much Guest

So,sad to say but I know for a fact that this med does make you high. IF you take more than prescribed. I actually got a feeling of extreme energy and painted my living room. Sad thing,I dont remember it. Apparently,you still maintain motor functions and it seems as if you are normalish,perhaps a bit slurry but still mostly normal. But it does give you short term memoery loss and a very bitter taste. If you take it as prescribed and go right to bed,you should have an awesome sleep and wake feeling revived. Except for that one time,I have had excellent rests! =)

6. passthison

passthison Guest

hey, just now I'm on it. I visit the page just when I take the meds, what a coincidence :D
    you describe truly what it is and how it reacts. I took it and I felt normal normal all the time. after 1h I noticed the effect. but I think I'm able to do things and interact like "normal" people. when I'm write it down I can see the next morning that it wasn't so.
    Always I take the meds in cause of forgetting cruel things, or had a stressed day or just because I'm like how it works and write something down. So far that I have to close my eyes and sleep or the effects come off.

thanks for recomment my post, I thought I would be the last :D

7. emmybear323

emmybear323 Guest

Yes. Im high on it right now. The bitter taste sucks just dont drink milk or water ans youll be fine. It makes you feel hella lucide and disoriented and you will eventually get drowsy but all in all its good. Probably no safe though. They are addicting.]

8. HilDawg

HilDawg Guest

I've been taking Zoplicone prn for 6 years and I've definitely gone wonky after taking it. Once I took it and woke up for work the next day, just like any day but during my 12 hour shift I kept getting "thank you for your amazon purchase ". Which ended up being 4 Infiniti Scarves!?!?!?! A Call of Duty video game?!?!?3 lipsticks, a really weird vibrator?!! And hair curling wand. Only take this recreationally if you have a large bank account!

9. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

Z-drugs are a lot different than benzos. There is a component of the effects that are similar but z-drugs are a lot tripper and you can even have full blown hallucinations. I've never tried zopiclone but I used to be prescribed Ambien (zolpidem) and that shot was trippy as fuck. One time I snorted 30mg and "came to" the next day and I almost wanna say the most fucked up I've ever been and the whole months worth was gone and I had just filled the script that night. I was seeing like quadruple everything!

Some benzos like Ativan can sometimes be slightly trippy if ur sleep deprived but nothing like the z-drugs...they are much more hallucinogenic, psychedelic I'm not sure it can properly be called a psychedelic more like a dissociative maybe but mostly it's in it's own class. It causes the strangest thought patterns too. Shit is dead ass yo!

10. Flahr69

Flahr69 Guest

Zopiclone is perscribed for insomnia. But you take one pill, usually 7.5 and dont sleep you feel amazing, muscles are relaxed all your stress is gone, no care in the world, jus chills u out, like smoking weed but to the max and u dont get the munchies lol.
    They are very addictive if u take a couple a day for more then two weeks straight, you will go through withdraws if u stop, You will puke and be sick for a day or two, then ur fine. but if u start taking a couple at a time you definitely get F'd up and add boose to the situation you will be right F'd.
    Definitly a good time but you will have no memory the next day as to what you did, and trust me you do messed up sh*t. I woke up one morning after taking a few of them, got drunk and smoke weed all night, there was toilet paper all over my house just each single square leading from the bathroom to the closet to the couch where i found the whole bag of tp, was kinda funny lol but ya i had no memory of anything

11. amanda02

amanda02 Members

Hi all
    I just thought I'd tell you a bit about my experiences with Zopiclone. Hoping it might help!
    I've been on and off Zopiclone (I found it on http://generic-meds-store.com) for years! I, personally, have never had any major problems coming off it. I find they work fine but I usually don't take them every night, only when I feel the need. I normally try to get off to sleep naturally but when I feel that I have a phase of insomnia I take a pill (7.5mg) per night. It says to take 20 minutes before retiring - I find it's better to take it a good hour before! And it works fine. They give me no side effects except terrible taste in my mouth but it is manageable.
    Good luck to everyone suffering from sleep problems !!

12. Done2005

Done2005 Members

Took like 5 once with a bunch of alcohol and man yeah you do some really weird shit that you would never do sober, it all felt awesome up until I thought it would be a fantastic idea to use a razor to cut my leg (I had never self harmed like that before, always used sissors on my hands and little stuff) but yeah ended up having to very awkwardly wake my parents up yo take me to the hospital for a huge 8" gash down my things that I later found out at the hospital had just missed a pretty important artery so yeah,, listen to the guy who said you get fucked when you mix it with alcohol and being a high seeker

13. MerissaRose

MerissaRose Members

I used to get so messed up from zopilcon. I was put on it 6 years ago, and it did wonders for my sleep for a while..,,, now it doesn't even make me the least bit drowsy (which is probably why it does not work anymore). I usually have to take two 7.5mg just to get somewhat drowsy enough to fall asleep, but then I'm two hours later for the rest of my night. I think I'm going to ask my dr to switch sleeping pills. Is there a something in the "Z" category that's a bit stronger? I also get a metallic taste in my throat about 15 mins after that makes me binge eat food. Not sure why. The metallic taste in my throat usually starts 15 mins after I take it, and continues to get stronger over the next 45 mins. I just took 5 of the 7.5mg to see if it will help me sleep. I have been taking 2 but that doesn't seem to work. So I think I took a total of 37.5mg. So I'm curious to see what happens. I also see a lot of your Drs only prescribe small amounts. I get 34 pills once a month. Depends on where you live and what the laws are for prescribing Zopilcon...... So if anyways knows about a better sleeping pill let me know!! One more thing I have never had a bad taste in my mouth or a film on my tongue from zopilcon. Just a metallic taste that I notice every-time I breath in. I also binge eat once the metallic taste shows up.. Kinda weird!!

14. AceK

10mg zolpidem (ambien) ... it won't put me to sleep either though if my nervous system doesn't feel like sleeping. Fuck me up, yes it will, but sleep, probably not ... depends on where my circadian rhythm is in it's non 24 hours cycle.

as soon as I get insurance again (they take forever) I'm gonna try to get on a z-drug, and one of those selective melatonin receptor agonist drugs, which I've tried before, but this time I'm gonna see if I can get her to prescribe me modafinil as well; I have literally no control over what time I go to sleep, and even that combination of sedatives isn't always very effective. The only thing I have a little control over is what time I wake up, but waking up at the same time every day doesn't fix my circadian clock which means i spend like half the months on 4 hours or less sleep, so the modafinil is just there to help me wake up and be able to function better, closer to the level of function of people that get a full nights rest.

Apparently "sleep debt" is cumulative, meaning that if you miss an hour of sleep a night for a week, you have 7 hours sleep debt, that you would have to make up by sleeping in longer on the weekend or something. My central nervous system doesn't care if it's the weekend or not, and I'd literally have to sleep for years to make up for all the sleep debt i've accumulated.

ghb will put you down guarnateed, but only for about 4 hours ... if you're anything like me once the drug wears off you'd just wake up, but at least you got 4 hours of real deep sleep lol.

15. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

According to what I've read, sleep debt is believed to be due to an accumulation of adenosine. Which would make sense, as adenosine is an inhibitory neurotransmitter. Thus the more sleep debt you build up, the more your systems are inhibited. But it probably goes deeper than that, it always does haha.

Most CNS depressants will cause a rebound effect. So that's why doctors and such don't recommend that people who have sleeping issues drink too much alcohol, for example. Your brain starts trying to counteract the depressant's effects, and causes stimulation which wakes you up/disturbs sleep. So I guess GHB probably exerts similar effects. You reach a point where the counter-effects overcome the sedation around the 4hr mark.

Ambien is interesting though. It acts on GABA-A receptors just like benzos do, however they are selective for GABA-A receptors with an alpha-1 subunit rather than an alpha-2 subunit. The alpha-1 subunit is believed to relate to sedation while the alpha-2 subunit is related to anxiety. But once again, I don't believe that is the whole picture, because ambien clearly does more to the brain than make it tired, haha.

1 person likes this.
  16. AceK

hehe, yeah it does. I've wondered before if the effects bear any resemblance to Amanita mushrooms, which are gaba-ergic hallucinogens also. My particular sleep disorder, as far as the doctors (which are usually PhD neurologists who specialized their field in the study of sleep) know is neurological, not psychological. So, drugs aren't that effective, and are only a hack, not a proper fix. It's like trying to work around hardware problems with software hacks ... sometimes it can get the job done, or make it work, but you can't change the hardware itself without maybe actually taking a soldering iron to the board and rewiring things.

And pharmacology is still quite a bit behind neurology, and our drugs aren't specific enough, nor do we really know how to make drugs specific enough. It'd be great if they could come up with an anxiety drug that is as effective as benzos but lack the tolerance and dependency issues, but most non-addictive anxiolytics are hardly effective. Of course anxiety is psychological, so it's a whole lot easier to manage anxiety than it is circadian rhythm disorders.

Things with the brain are a lot more interconnected than you would think, and neurological sleep disorders can manifest psychological issues, as a result of the psychological effect of accumulated sleep deprivation, and things like that. I know that I have far more anxiety when I'm severely sleep deprived.

17. CannbisSouL

Interesting thought about the Amanitas, I've always thought they were more towards a deleriant type experience but then again, I'm not quite sure what you would describe the ambien high to be haha.

Yeah drugs can only do so much.. I personally think drugs may be replaced by brain stimulation in the future. I totally agree that pharmacology trails neurology. I'm doing my Bachelor's in Pharmacology and the field seems very.. ancient at the moment. Lots of pharmacologists are still stuck in the "one neurotransmitter/one synapse" solution. So they just find one little thread in the big string ball of various disorders and work on it. I think there needs to be a wider approach to analyzing disease/disorder, although that is of course easier said than done.

Part of the problem with finding new drugs is also the methods which are used. I'm sure you've heard of high throughput screening. So it's far, far easier to find antagonists which bind and block receptors as compared to agonists which will bind and activate receptors. So something like a benzo without the addictive qualities would be quite hard to achieve using current methods. Maybe if we had an agonist that activated only certain portions of the current benzo mechanism.

I was just reading the other day that the receptor up-regulation and down-regulation are probably massive over-simplifications as well. I think what's needed is more research into the intra-cellular drug effects, rather than just synpases and neuro-transmitters. The transmitters are just the messengers, but the decisions are made inside the cell.

I also definitely agree that the brain is extremely inter-connected. I'm just trying to provide a perspective on what is "known"; or rather what I've been taught. But personally, I think that a lot of what we do is just shooting in the dark when it comes to neurological disorders. I mean, we know that certain drugs work, but there has to be a way to make them more specific and actually devine the full mechanisms of action. Then we can really start exploiting substances to their maximum potential.

1 person likes this.
  18. AceK

Thanks for the info, interesting, coming from someone actually in the field :)

19. CannbisSouL

I'm always happy to talk about drugs! Haha, I love studying pharmacology because no one can tell me off for talking about drugs all day anymore ;p

Give me another couple of years and I'll have a lot more depth of knowledge to deliver :)

1 person likes this.
  20. AceK

That's what's cool about studying the field. Like nobody can call me out on "hacking' ... ask me why I have so many academic papers in my possession on how to erase data where not even the government agencies can't recover it .., well, tis my field of study. ;)

1 person likes this.