Can exercise weaken a trip?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by phage, Feb 1, 2009.

1. phage

phage Member

Took two hits of an unperforated sheet that was cut into ten individual ten strips along with a friend. At about the hour mark I began noticing effects while playing guitar hero. At the hour and a half mark I thought the screen on my tv was moving. I got up and walked around and this effect seemed to disappear.

At about the 2 hour mark I really started to feel it and began listening to music and watching some visualizations, no visuals at this part though. I began checking email and realizing how pointless it was along with the usual introspective thought processes that accompany a trip. However, I was interrupted by my friends who decided to take us (the trippers) ice skating.

At the rink it seemed like the second I stepped on the ice I didn't feel any effects at all. Nothing looked different nor could I feel any noticeable effects. I felt almost completely sober from skating around for nearly 2 hours. I was sweating profusely and was really over heated but this is very normal for me on LSD. After many falls later I decided to stop skating and once I stepped off the ice I could feel trace effects from it but nothing too exciting and I was quite disappointed. My friend reported similar effects but seemed to be very much out of it saying very strange things.

I dosed at 6:30pm and could still feel very weak effects until about 1am and had what seemed like after effects until 4 -6 am.

I'm wondering if exercising could either speed up the metabolism of LSD or perhaps the adrenaline released during ice skating covered up the effects.

Any ideas?

2. astronomydomine89

astronomydomine89 Member

Three friends and I tripped in Sedona (highly recommend it) a couple of months ago. I'd sampled it before, and it seemed like fairly strong acid. We dosed and went hiking on a trail behind our hotel room. The sun was shining pretty bright, and by the time we reached our destination we were all sweating a lot. It ended up being a really mild trip for everyone, and we were all a little disappointed. We talked about it later and thought maybe the hiking and sun exposure could have weakened the effects.

3. Desos

Desos Senior Member

ive walked to the store during the comeup before. still had a really strong trip. not intense excecise though.

4. pr0ne420

pr0ne420 Senior Member

Back in the day, I used to walk miles during my trips. Very intense I dont think exercise makes a difference. I dont really go on long walks during my trips anymore because for the past year, when I trip, I usually shoot for out of body so walking miles is pretty impossible.

5. klondike_bar

klondike_bar Senior Member

I dont think it would weaken a trip. however, it may cause the trip to be a bit shorter, since your body would begin metabolizing faster

6. ad10

ad10 Member

No back in the day i used to do a lot of exercise while tripping, walking for 7 hours or so, skateboarding, playing football. This never diminished the trip at all. I suppose i still do exercise these days but more when im at a club and raving all night and that never affects the trip.

Set and setting can have a lot to do with it. Also when your ice skating I'm sure ur mind is so focused on what your doing that your attention is less on the visuals and more on trying to deal with your current situation. Also could be poor quality tabs.

7. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

I don't see how it would affect anything...maybe it was just weak acid? I just don't understand the logic behind exercise causing a trip to weaken. I am not familiar with what LSD does in the brain...but would exercise release something that could affect the way LSD is reacting in your body? The release of endorphins or something?

I just don't see it being logical, maybe someone else can shed some light.

8. phage

phage Member

So if its weak should I call up the guy and see if I can get my money back for the strips I didnt use?

I figure it can't hurt, maybe I can convince the chemist to let me help improve his poor synthesizing/laying technique.

9. Feelings Of U4ia

If you feel like it was weak acid...I mean I really don't think just because you did some mild exercise like ice-skating, that it would completely dull the trip.

But I don't know any dealers that offer refunds..

Also, you are skilled in synthesizing LSD? 0_o

10. Funkateer

Funkateer To swing on the spiral

You didnt get it from the chemist if it was weak homes.
    However this sounds like a do compound

what was the taste like

11. Feelings Of U4ia

Don't DO compounds last a fuck of a long time?

12. phage

phage Member

It wasn't an RC. I tested a sample using Ehrlich's reagent and tested positive (purple).

13. hawaiiankine

hawaiiankine Senior Member

what kinda tastes are there?

14. phage

phage Member

Usually taste can give away whether or not you have the compound of choice.

No taste usually indicates LSD or nothing at all.

Bitter metalic usually indicates a research chemical of some sort.

15. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

my lsd has always had a metallic taste, it's also the taste of poor synthesis; LSD-25 AND precursors

16. Feelings Of U4ia

Oh wow, what a good way to tell!

"Oh man, this has NO taste at all! Either we have awesome ass LSD, or we have paper with nothing on it!"

That doesn't sound like the best way to tell, with that particular drug anyways. I always have noticed LSD having at least SOME taste though.

I'm glad MDMA is easy as fuck to distinguish. I prefer MDMA over LSD or Mushrooms any day though, haha.

17. klondike_bar

klondike_bar Senior Member

ive had lsd with a bitter, metallic taste before. whether it was the blotter paper, the ink, or any remenant precursors, LSD doesnt have to be tasteless to work

18. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Oh I forgot to say, I know exactly the answer to this thread lol.

When you add exercise to your drug use, what happens generally is the experience becomes more intense, and shorter. This is because you cause your heart to pump much quicker, increasing blood flow, increasing rate of chemical transfer to liver and/or brain. You can see this in action easily, just go for a 30 minute power walk/jog, smoke a bowl, then go for a 1-2 hour walk. Your high will be very powered and very intense, while not being sedated because of the fact your heart is pumping and adrenaline is flowing.

This increase in blood flow not only speeds up the first part of drug metabolism, that is the drug absorption, but also the second part of drug metabolism, that is expulsion from system.

Only combine exercise with drugs if it is safe to do so! Don't do rails of cocaine while pushing weights, unless you fancy a heart attack!