Can Communism Ever Work?

Discussion in 'Communism' started by TrippinBTM, Dec 2, 2005.

1. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

About Freedomworks.org....http://www.freedomworks.org/about/about-freedomworks

The organization is chaired by former U.S. House Majority Leader Dick Armey and the President is Matt Kibbe.

quote from Dick Army...http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/d/dick_armey.html
    Matt Kibbe...http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/Matt-Kibbe/quotes/
    .SOURCE: Constitution Club 2012-09-26 22:59:00

:rofl:

2. PlacidDingo

PlacidDingo Member

This might be surprising, but I have a problem with that.

3. PlacidDingo

PlacidDingo Member

That's why we shouldn't try to Immanentize the Eschaton.

4. PlacidDingo

PlacidDingo Member

Oh goodness it just gets better... Bring on the incoherent Objectivist rationalisations....

This year I'm a teacher so I deserve to be shot.

Next year I'll be unemployed for a while (technically) so I deserve to starve to death like the filthy moocher I am.

What gives?

5. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

But whats a good Chaote to do?
    [​IMG]

6. PlacidDingo

PlacidDingo Member

Noooo!

7. Individual

Individual Senior Member

Only if you try to make it a problem.

8. PlacidDingo

PlacidDingo Member

You just rationalised KILLING ME you fuck, is there any reason I shouldn't make it a problem?

9. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Now Now children...

10. Individual

Individual Senior Member

If you read me closely you would understand that I have no desire to create a utopian world, and only seek to achieve the a satisfactory life for myself and family without imposition upon others.
    You demanded a yes or no answer to get to "my" ideal world, which is not one in which I impose upon you but is one in which you don't impose upon me. So depending upon how you treat me I would respond as found necessary, up to and including..., only if you were to make it necessary. So, if you have no intent of applying unacceptable threat or impositions upon me or my family you are simply over reacting as I would be no threat at all to you.

Note that you made it personal by adding yourself to the question.

11. PlacidDingo

PlacidDingo Member

You were rationalising and speaking positively of the Khamer Rouge, who killed educated professionals - like me - to create their utopia. That's enough to make it personal.

That you're cool with that - regardless of what you ACTUALLY want or whatever, makes you a bad person.

12. Individual

Individual Senior Member

You jump to conclusions too quickly. I was indeed rationalizing, although NOT justifying, from the point of view held by Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge on the means by which they put to use in bringing about a society of equals; ergo, the elimination of those who were either a threat or of no use in an agrarian society.

In answering your "yes or no" question, "If you're trying to impose communism on me, yes. Been there, done that 1965-1968.", should have provided you with a clue that I was not speaking positively of the Khmer Rouge, and therefore had said nothing for you to take personally, unless YOU were one who supported killing educated professionals in order to create their idea of a utopian society.

So "I" am a bad person for saying that I would exercise any means necessary to protect the lives of educated professionals, or uneducated persons for that matter, by those who would eliminate them in order to achieve their idea of a utopian society?

Believe what you want.

13. PlacidDingo

PlacidDingo Member

Ok, I can appreciate what you may be trying to say.

The above doey eyed fawning over Pol Pot el al reads like apologism though, which is pretty unpleasant to read.

14. Individual

Individual Senior Member

You obviously must have first assumed that I am a supporter of Communism, which I am NOT, to then presume that I was presenting a 'dewy eyed fawning' over Pol Pot and the modus operandi which he and the Kymer Rouge were employing, and I was simply pointing out, as the means by which they hoped to achieve the ends which would have been a classless, Communist society, had they been successful which thankfully they were not.

While I agree that it may be pretty unpleasant to read, think of just how unpleasant it was for those who had to actually experience it.

This thread questions "Can Communism ever work?".

And if you had read the remainder of my post you would have seen:

"ANY form of government can be MADE to work, but the real question we should be asking is "Is there a single form of government that everyone would find acceptable without infringing greatly upon the sovereignty of individuals?"

IMHO there exists no such form of government and therefore we are best served by having minimal central government, and most power exercised at the lowest levels of government which allows individuals the freedom to move about in pursuit of the happiness they desire, and are entitled to according to our Declaration of Independence as written by Thomas Jefferson. "

15. PlacidDingo

PlacidDingo Member

You were unclear. I misunderstood.

16. Individual

Individual Senior Member

I hope everything is now clear.

17. ThisIsWhyYoureWrong

ThisIsWhyYoureWrong Member

18. Vongaelly

Vongaelly Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Small scale? hell yeah. Trying to run a country like that? not so much lol.

19. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

the very idea is there wouldnt be much to run because the locals would have it all taken care of.

20. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Not in the U.S.. This country is too ingrained in capitalism, and Russia and China are becoming indoctrinated in it too. There will always be greedy people, and lazy people. Buddhism is a great form of communism.