Can Buddhist smoke weed? Or do LSD

Discussion in 'Buddhism' started by Iwanttoliveinavan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

So be stupid. LSD has made many people mental cases. That is certifiable fact. Here's a site you can trust. http://www.maps.org/research/abrahart.html#chp2

Now show me where Buddhism hasn't helped anyone in thousands of years.

If you had bothered reading the link I showed you, you not only would have learned something but learned a great deal. Too bad for you. Hurts me none what you believe. Most people on Earth are completely ignorant - hence all pervasive fossil fuel which will run out before we create a better and replenishing source leading to The Dark Ages in just ONE HUNDRED YEARS. That's ecology.

Also Katy Perry has broken Billboard records. You still think the popular mind is smart? How about London, and riots, over things which had no impact upon anyone except the individuals harmed.

But you are a stoner you believe whatever rap you hear about pot. You probably think it's good for the lungs and isn't addictive. Then stop right now.

Fool.

2. walsh

walsh Senior Member

Nice, making assumptions like that. You say you're a buddhist?

I haven't smoked or taken anything for 6 months, except aspirin. As for being a druggie, I see no difference between being hooked on drugs and being hooked on spiritual nonsense like buddhism. Show me one person who is 'enlightened' from practicing meditation, please. Actually, and not just claimed to be.

3. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

You don't even know your best friend, your family members, your parents, how are you going to judge whether someone is enlightened.

And yes I know one person who is enlightened. He teaches 'special' children. He used to work for hospice. He sits with the dying at Lazareth House. He is a chodpa.

My 3 gurus were also enlightened. I had dreams where they appeared. One as Chemchog, one as who he is, one the day he passed away. My TM teacher was enlightened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thich_Nhat_Hanh

Enlightenment is different in different systems. I don't know who the fuck you are. I didn't say you did drugs. You are reading me wrong.

4. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

Okay, I did call you a stoner. You gave me that idea. You tell me someone who is better off from LSD and why.

BTW pot is a narcotic.

5. Iwanttoliveinavan

Iwanttoliveinavan Member

I rather to Buddhism. I think its the best route for me.

6. Iwanttoliveinavan

Iwanttoliveinavan Member

My favorite post. :)

7. Iwanttoliveinavan

Iwanttoliveinavan Member

Dalai Lama is clearly enlightened. A Buddhist named Dada that I know is enlightened. There are many more people .

8. walsh

walsh Senior Member

I doubt it. He is the head of an enormous religion leading people astray, lives in a luxurious palace, preaches morality and ethical concepts like "help others". What is there enlightened about that?

9. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Did you even read the article you linked?????

10. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

So it's not an opioid, I was thinking of the dopamine fucntion.

11. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

If everything that interacted with dopamine receptors was addictive, we all would be addicts.

Your lack of understanding concerning addiction and drugs in general renders everything you have stated thus far on the topic as null and void of knowledge.

I can also tell right away by the calm demeanor of your posts and responses to others that Buddhism is definitely the answer to the worlds problems. :rolleyes:

(you other Buddhist in the room may want to get a different spokesperson, Chodpa isn't doing a very good job of selling it)

12. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

You're an obvious troll.

13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Coming from a person who responds to others in the manner in which you consistently do doesn't carry much weight.

pot=kettle

14. KeithBC

KeithBC Member

The loudest mouth isn't necessarily a spokesman.

15. erikezikel

erikezikel Member

49 days of meditation in the woods, d'ya think he did that without nothin!! I'm a buddhist by birth, religion and traditions and I was supposed to be a monk. And I love weed. Just keep the faith and take some herbal air!!

16. Sanguine

Sanguine Absolutely no one.

All of that arguing in those last few pages looked awfully petty.
    Not something I'd expect from a forum about Buddhism.

17. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

This is probably why you're on antidepressants.

18. Iwanttoliveinavan

Iwanttoliveinavan Member

19. InfiniteOscillations

InfiniteOscillations Member

I am a beginer in Buddhism and please, please do research and study Buddhas word before you do this.. All will be forgiven for thought that once was logical shall too become revolutionized.

20. MellowViper

MellowViper Member

I'd wait till you're a bit older to try LSD. That's just my suggestion. You should try maybe when you get into your 20's, because your brain is still developing. The same goes for pot. I think there is value in both substances if used right. You want to be careful of the source of your acid and pot too. I'd only buy higher grade herb, because the lower grade stuff, a lot of times, comes from Mexican drug cartels.

If you really want to prep for a future acid trip, meditation and learning to master and quiet your own mind is a good way to do it. Be vigilant in this area whether you decide eventually to try acid or not. I'd just work on Zazen or Metta Bhavanna meditation right now, because there's a lot of power in it. You can spread a lot of light and love and clarity that way. There's dangers in those drugs and that's that if you're not prepared for it or use it right, it can diminish your clarity and inner harmony. They're very powerful tools that can expand your consciousness if used properly though. They're, by no means toys though or something to be taken lightly.