Can anyone please give me advice to help me fix the way I masturbate?

Discussion in 'Masturbation' started by throwaway295, Aug 5, 2019.

1. throwaway295

throwaway295 Members

Yes I did see a doctor for this, but she only said "There is no wrong way to masturbate", even when I tried pressing the issue. So I feel like I have no choice but to ask here.

I've been doing this ever since I was little.

Whenever I get horny I get this "feeling" or "itch" at the base below my penis and above my balls. And I can only get off if I push down on this "itch" until I cum. And when I do, it builds up until I feel it release.

Here's a diagram I drew: Imgur

Believe it or not, I've been doing this since I was 4. At first it was on the top of my penis, but then I switched to the bottom a while ago.

I don't feel that "explosive orgasm" with this, and I can't masturbate any other way.

I want to do it the traditional orthodox way (I'm uncut), so then I can teach my penis to pleasure itself that way when having sex. I don't want to push the base of my penis against my partner until I cum, because 1. Where's the fun in that, and 2. How will my partner get off too?

I am desperate. I want to change but I can't. What can I do.

2. throwaway295

throwaway295 Members

Willing to do anything to fix myself.

3. Lester Izmoore

Lester Izmoore Members

Try this. Go without for several days — longer than you would ordinarily go without. Then, when you have a quiet, private, comfortable environment, try doing it the “traditional orthodox way.” Keep it up for, say, 5 minutes. If you haven’t climaxed by then, finish using the method you grew up with. Then go without for as many days as before plus one. Again try it the “traditional orthodox” way. Keep it up for at least six minutes this time. Again if you fail to climax, finish using the method you’re used to. And again add a day to the days going without. Keep this up. Eventually your sensibility will become comfortable with the “traditional orthodox” method. Try not to get frustrated. Just relax as best you can at each session. Take deep breaths. Don’t beat yourself up the times you have to finish the old way. In my twenties I learned how to juggle. Do you know how many times I dropped the balls before I could do it? Hundreds. No shame in it. This is just the same. You are learning a new skill. You won’t get it the first time — or perhaps even the tenth time. But it will come with enough practice — quite literally.

bigredinmass likes this.
  4. bigredinmass

bigredinmass Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I agree with Lester. You need to take time off, like a month. Then try to reprogram yourself. Do not cum your usual way. Either get off 'traditional' or not at all.
    Gonna share a story with you. Kind of similar. The first time I ever got off was using a vibrator that my parents had. It had detachable pieces and one attachment had a suction cup that for perfectly over the head ofy dick. That was my method of getting off, period. Then one day the power cord short circuited from being bent from me using it on my cock. Damn thing stop working and I had no idea how to get off. So I went months without orgasm that I so craved as a horny teen. Then at a sleepover the subject came up and how you use your hand. It took me a few failed attempts until I finally got off. No looking back now. If and when now I use a vibrator I need my hand to start things and then let the vibrator take over. But I love love love stroking now with my hand. This will take discipline and dedication but can be so worth it my friend. I hope this helped and would love to know your progress. Wishing you the best.

5. bigredinmass

bigredinmass Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My one disagreement with Lester is you should not at all revert to your old method. Or you will never reprogram. You either get off the 'traditional' way or not at all. Eventually you will.

6. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I just occurred to me that were you to change nothing, and if it is the case that your response to partner sex is the same as your response to self pleasuring...

You seem concerned that, with a woman, you will be able to thrust into her without orgasming until one of you puts pressure on a particular place. I'm not sure that having that much control over the timing of your orgasm would be a bad thing.

7. Lester Izmoore

Lester Izmoore Members

The reason I suggested finishing the old way when the gentleman is unable to climax the new way is to avoid feelings of failure. I didn’t want him to end his session feeling frustrated, self-critical, and unfulfilled. If the results this time do not reach the goal, they should still be satisfying. Masturbating should be a happy experience from beginning to end. And by adding a minute each session to how long he does it the new way, he will eventually become comfortable with it and reach the goal.

bigredinmass likes this.
  8. TCCKV

TCCKV Visitor