Camping Related Accdent--and my first ambulance ride

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by angelgodiva, May 22, 2004.

1. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

Walking down a dewy hillside covered in clover in the wee hours of the morning to get to the trout brook, I slipped and bent my knee backwards.
    Something gave and I fell. It took me roughly an hour to drag myself back up the slope to the highway, where I waited for a car to not blow right on by.
    A 19 year old girl with a cell phone finally stopped and called 911. The ambulance ride wasn't nearly as fun as I would have thought it might be.
    I now am wearing a leg brace to keep my knee stiff, but it still hurts like holy heck. No more fishing or hiking for a few weeks, I guess.
    Gotta go offline for a while--back a little after 9!

2. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i'm surprised you want to do it ever again
    blessings
    for a speedy recovery

s

3. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

Really sorry to hear that, Angel. :(

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Do they think rest will repair the damage, or will you need surgery?

4. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

If there is ANYONE who deserves a break (not in bones, mind you) it's YOU!!:(

We'll be thinking about you and wishing you a quick, complete, and pain- and complication-free recovery.

Heal well, babe.:)

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGE HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

And I know you don't wish this, but those idiots that kept on going, I hope they have flat tire after flat tire!:mad:

5. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

No more walking for you, Angel. Time to visit the Scooter Store.

6. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Sorry to hear that.

You are probebly the nicest person on this forums.

Just shows ya that life is unfair :)

But, hell, everything in life has a risk... don't let this stop ya from donig any of the things you used to do...

7. Sunnie

Sunnie Jes-Jes

Ouch! I've had knee problems all of my life, and I know from personal experience that when they get bent or twisted the wrong way...it is an intense and fierce pain. It used to make me nauseas.

I hope you feel better soon! I'd hate to see you miss out on your outdoor activities because of this, that's always a major bummer.

8. HoneySuckleBlue

HoneySuckleBlue Cosmic Artist

That's an aweful way to end a camping trip!! I hope you mend quickly and with out complications.

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. I'm glad you're ok now though. It will probably take a while to heal, so just hang in there.

10. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

Nothing broke;the tendons just got terrifically stretched. It hurts like heck but should heal in a few weeks without incident. I've actually never had a broken bone in my life. Mine are quite thick and resilient. I was worried that I migt need surgery, but it turns out I don't, just knee immobilization and extra painkillers for the next few weeks.
    I don't intend to let it slow me down. It will take more than a battered knee to do that! I wouldn't mind having a scooter till this is better, though. I was recently put on a diuretic and I have to walk all the way to the main house to pee about ten times a day!
    Thanks for all your good wishes and support, guys, I appreciate it--and as for all those cars that just blew om by, I'm not worried. Instant Karma's gonna get 'em!

11. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

Angel, I'm so sorry to hear that... I'll pray for a speedy recovery. :) Hope all will be well soon again. *hugs to u*

12. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

awww *hugs*, I hope it feels better soon, I'll keep you in my thoughts. *Shares her ramen and grilled cheese with angel*

13. sweet_mama

sweet_mama Member

Oh, Angel, that's so terrible. You poor thing. I hope that the pain doesn't last too long! :(

14. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

damn angel!! i hope you feel better real soon. I am soooooooo very happy someone finally stopped to help you., people just never seem to care to much anymore to help a person anymore.

15. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

about the knee--37 years roofing and I know exactly how you hurt.Don't rush it if you can help it --real rest is what it needs.Hope you have someone around to cater to your every whim!You deserve it.Take care----------------------------------------------------------scratcho---------------

16. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

He knows what he's talking about.:)

I have a railroad track over, through, and below my left knee. I had surgery, but not before five sprains. Rest (that means staying off it as much as you can) is what it needs. That and some good physical therapy after the immobilizer comes off. Do try and figure out ways to stay off it even more than you think you can. It will pay huge dividends for the rest of your life.

No surgery - that's real good. You caught a break (PUN NOT INTENDED).

And the flat tires? If that isn't karma, I don't know what is.;) It won't hurt 'em, just aggravate the #*&$@ outa them!! Buncha north ends of southbound jackasses!!!:mad: :mad:

17. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Aww you are awesome!

Hope all is well soon with you.

18. Flux

Flux Member

Angel: I don't know you at all, and even though your name sounds familiar, I don't recall any of your posts but this one. I went under the name Devil for a time, and I think you didn't like me. The point of all this being, I hope your leg heals up as quickly as possible.

19. badassdawickedmoose

badassdawickedmoose Member

aww, angelo, that must hurt like heck, hope ye get better soon. but in the meantime, eat lots of chocolate-chip cookies. their good for... uh... the tastebuds :p