Camping in Nova Scotia

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Fenris, May 18, 2004.

1. Fenris

Fenris Member

I was wondering if anyone knew any good camping spots in Nova Scotia?

The last few years I've been going to pretty much the same spots, and would like to try someplace new. I'm heading to Cape Split for the first time this year, sounds like a nice spot.

2. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

My sister in law and her family go camping in Nova Scotia all the time... they drive from here (Toronto) to there once a year to spend a couple weeks... She keeps talking about it, she's absolutely in love with it... she wants to move up there one day.

Anyway, just thought I'd share... I really can't suggest a place to camp, but I've heard a lot of great things about being up there... ah, maybe I'll visit... keep us posted as to where you end up staying, if it's any good!

3. Jean22

Jean22 Member

all kinds of places, alot of provincial parks and national parks, i would suggest kejimakujik national park

4. opium_eyes

opium_eyes Une Canadien Errant

anywhere along the cabot trail on cape breton island is fabulous. you have to go looking for the waterfalls, they're the best part. on one side of the island you'll find a little town called cheticamp, which is french. btu the people are friendly and just past the town is a national park and it is beautiful there. on the other side of the island is ingonish. the beach there is soft white sand and the water is really good for boogie boarding. that camp ground is a little more...uh...un naturey. but it's nice.
    if you go to pleasant bay they ahve this whale thing goin on, cut little fishing town. and you can take boat tours and go see whales in the ocean (watch out for sea sickness). also while out on the ride we could see this building with alot of asian architecture and it turns out that the only residential monastary in canada (gampo abbey) is rigth there on the cliff. if you wander aroudn the monastary there's this waterfall and the water is so clear you can drink it.

ahah that's most of wat i remember. have fun.

5. tuatara

tuatara Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

opium eyes has got a real good list ..i suggest you go to some of these ...don't forget wreck cove next to ingonish ferry

6. opium_eyes

opium_eyes Une Canadien Errant

:) i forgot that one

7. dreama

dreama Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Meat Cove is an awesome place to camp, right on the cliffs...as well as Fishing Cove, but that's a walk-in campground, although right on the ocean. Tons of places to camp in the whole province, and Cape Breton has some of the prettiest.

peace and enjoy your stay

8. tuatara

tuatara Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

if any of you ever go to wreck cove and stop at the general store ,tell them the snakeman sends his hellos and will try to get there someday to visit