Calling chicks at work

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Cherea, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

I could just imagine the shouting and happiness, all the energy about it and immediately after the calm. Silence.

A quiet voice in the back.
    I bet she's a lesbian.

Lol'd. :D

2. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

So how did it go slick?

3. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Not good. Left a message. I'm already imagining worst case scenarios. Not entertained.

4. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

Well, atleast you remember the message part this time. :cool:

5. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

Oh, so you didn't talk to her directly last night?

And mister, you should know at your age that the imagination is vivid and often leads to negative emotions. Esp if you already have intimacy issues.

Let go and let god;)

6. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I did. I left a message on her phone after lunch time. I guess I always get the girls that every guy wants, and want the girls most guys tend to avoid. I'd like a passionate, clingy girl. This may not be it.

Anyway, I'd rather not talk about it for now.

Can you tell me more about how you got to the conclusion about doubt and intelligence and all that?

7. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

Oh I didn't get to that conclusion. I saw the bumpersticker and thought it was wonderful.

However, I do agree with it. Most of your cocky son of a guns in society are confident. They know it all. They have all the answers when in fact they have none. They see reality through their senses and as we all know senses are not exactly the most accurate avenues to truth that we have. Couple that with emotions and we are a whacked out system.

However, philosophers, artists, scientists, theologians, anyone who is searching truth in all of its beauty goes through it through a system of doubt. It requires doubting the perception that they carry with them. Doubting the awareness they feel they have until they can see with crystalline vision. And even when you get to the essence of something, there is still doubt. Am I just seeing it this way because I want to? How much of what I know is borrowed from others? How do I know I am right? How can I prove I am wrong?

That sort of thing. It can be completely off base....but to me, it makes sense. Which dimension do we live in....the world of knowing or the world of not knowing.....because we don't really know anything.

8. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I don't know. You seem to be contradicting yourself. But I can't talk philosophy right now.

Back to the chick: I think basically the only excuse I'll accept from her is if something happened to her phone, something unexpected happened, OR if she's just busted tired from working late last night (if she's hungover and is worried about talking to me in that state, that would be cute).

Technically, we've made no hard plans...but she knows I was expecting to at least talk to her on the phone TODAY.

But anything else I couldn't accept. What do you think?

9. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

nah, I am not contradicting myself.

You are! I can't talk about this so please talk about this. Ok, I can't handle that, let's go back to this! Lord have mercy. It's like dealing with a gosh darn woman:)

I think that it is not fair to pass judgement until you know the whole story.

10. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

I don't know why, but this thread reminds me of that movie preview they keep playing on tv over and over and over. I think its called He's Just Not That Into You. Of course, he should be replaced with she, and I'm not implying she isn't into you; it's just that this reminds me of that.

11. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I'm only talking to you. I'm not talking to Frieden or anyone else. :) *ignores Frieden*

Well, everyone here knows I wear my emotions on my sleeve. I want a girl who's as neurotic as me. :(

And I love to pass judgment so I'd say it's pretty much over unless she's got one of the excuses I mentioned above. :cheers2: You say that I'm old enough that I should know not to trust my imaginings. But, if anything, they tend to be correct and makes me wonder if there was a legitimate reason why I was so nervous and hesitant about asking her for her number in the first place. If anything, I might want to trust my hunches more often.

With age, I've also learned that the phone thing doesn't really work unless it works the first time around.

12. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

Most people are neurotic.

You, my dear, are an over analyzer! Does it ever drive you crazy? I can work myself into such a frenzy sometimes.

Ignore me...I am switching back and forth between this forum and writing on my online class about the differences in Greek and Roman architecture...so I might not be communicating well.

If your imaginings are correct, rock on and listen to them. You know yourself. I don't. I just know me and generally I get worked up when there is a perfectly legitimate reason. Doesn't keep me from being an asshole after I find out though;)

13. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Yes. But we are who we are. :)

Edit: The analyzing is how I cope with waiting. All of my body, and psycho-chemical processes are in full-blown preparation to tear her clothes up at the moment, and they are being frustrated. I have to pass the time somehow.

14. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

LMAO! And so you would give up the opportunity to rip her clothes off if she gave you an excuse you didn't foresee....and therefore, could not accept?

And we are who we are:) But what is that?

15. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Yes. I have no problem finding casual sex partners. If ripping her clothes won't happen in the context of a relationship of mutual respect and full communication, frankly - I rather go back to the bar and pick up some drunk chick like I did all through my 20s. She had better have a good excuse.

16. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Oh she has an excuse all right. She's just not that into you....

Haha I'm just joshing. Go on ignoring me.

17. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Tryoulls!

Anyway, I'm good at taking no for an answer. So if you're not into me: tell me. I feel sorry for people who can't just say it and feel like they have to give everyone the run-around.

I was with this chick once who was a stalker-magnet. Months into our fuck-buddydom she still had guys calling her out of nowhere and harassing her. Which category did you think she fit into? :rolleyes: She couldn't just say no.

18. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

I'm trying to decipher if you are calling me a troll or calling for try outs.
    I can see you as a cheerleader.