California Fires

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Aerianne, Oct 19, 2017.

1. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Good God! Really?

That's horrible. Will definitely keep these two, as well as anyone and everyone in a burning area, in my prayers. Not that I actively pray anymore. But you know...

1 person likes this.
  3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I hope HipChris and Skip are okay!

I'm donating too. I found out that Vons (supermarket) is doing a charity drive or whatever to assist with victims of wildfire, so I'm participating there as soon as I get some money.

ZenKarma likes this.
  4. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Skip and Chris are "okay". I just chatted with Chris.

They are going through alot, as you can imagine but they are not injured.

3 people like this.
  5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

2 people like this.
  6. deleted

deleted Visitor

background checks for burglary, theft, illegal guns, arson.. ?

I work for the railroad that did extensive background check. even had a stupid 10yr old warrant... cleared it, did the piss test. and I work in the office. passed felonies had been squashed and those were pretty damn serious.. Id check into federally bonded.

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

how in the world did you passa piss test

1 person likes this.
  8. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Those Santa Ana winds and everything is as dry as kindling wood is a damn dreadful thing...much less how many more fires there are now, moreso than ever. You know that wind and these already high temps (that they are having in the west) combined with these never ending fires is a recipe for disaster.

Dang I wish they could figure how to transport that flood water to California and all of those western states that are burning...

1 person likes this.
  9. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Tuesday Buddy would want to go outside when the wind was blowing. I let him out, he would take one lap around the patio and come to the door to be let back in...LOL
    I'm sure he was thinking, DAMN it's windy out here!!
    fuck this, I'm going back and lay under the AC vent.

10. Noserider

Ocean temps over in Santa Monica are about 67-68 degrees. They should be 62 this time of year. That's alarming. Ocean temps directly affect weather. A temp increase of that magnitude could alter weather on the Pacific coast in ways we can't even understand.

I think this summer/fall just became the new normal.

1 person likes this.
  11. deleted

deleted Visitor

they dont watch and just used synthetic .. people I work with are well aware Im a stoner tho. probably why they give me so much food to take home.

SpacemanSpiff and Lynnbrown like this.
  12. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Well the firefighting was a huge effort, and here is a video of the aerial teams flying around dropping retardant on the fires.

Aerianne likes this.
  13. Noserider

This is horrific.

Winds are going to be super strong tomorrow and push that fire as fast as possible. God help all in its path.

DQXw8hgVoAACGrH.jpg

Looking north from Hollywood...

DQXpjP-V4AA8GpE.jpg

Southbound on the 405 this morning...

14. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Couldnt beleive that when I saw it this morning. They had to shut down the 405. Can't imagine being in that area right now.

15. Noserider

Looks like hell. Like, literally hell.

16. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Nuclear power stations are pumping millions of megawatts of waste heat into the oceans every hour and we all wonder why they are getting warmer and the ice caps are melting.
    Due to our new laws, we produce less carbon dioxide and burn less oxygen. Since nature regulates our oxygen levels to around 20%, the natural balance is maintained by fire. I often wonder if some of these environmental groups have the first clue what they are talking about. I can clearly understand the problems, why cant they see beyond the end of their noses.

17. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

so are you implying that the current changes in climate are solely due to nuclear power plants??

SOOOOOOOO many factors and variables go into it that such a statement is silly on the face of it.
    reminds me of the time Pressed Rat posted he didn't believe in man-made climate change but he did acknowledge there were some man-made issues such as pollution and deforestation....LOL

LOL

18. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Yeah.
    Moving from an area that was more or less "coastal" to "high desert" has resulted in experiencing those damn Santa Ana winds on steroids!!!!!!!!
    Sounds as if the friggin' house is gonna blow away they get so damn strong.
    Already have the normal morning/afternoon "windy" times when the temperature differentials are competing, throw the Santa Ana's into the mix and it just SUCKS BALLS!!!

(and not in a good way)

19. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

All traditional fuels consume oxygen and produce carbon dioxide, so a balance exists, History has shown us that oxygen levels are constant on this planet and natural fires seem to be the only logical way that nature balances this. Heat produced from any form of nuclear reaction is all on one side of the scales. The UK institute of engineering and technology take my hypothesis very seriously and have offered me a fellowship (Partly because of my other work in engineering). Can you see any reason to reject my findings that directly relate to the latent heat of fusion of ice and a theory that it is erosion of the ice caps that is at present masking the full effects of nuclear energy.
    Global warming is very real. We just need to take into account what is causing it and at the moment, all our efforts seem to be making very little difference. My hypothesis uses the figures of waters latent heat of fusion at 84 calories per gram and vaporization at 540 calories per gram and I averaged 760mm Hg to determine vaporization figures.

20. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Didn't know that Skip and ZenKarma had been effected by this. Glad to hear that they are ok.