California Day Trip Advice

Discussion in 'California' started by GlowingStorm, May 18, 2004.

1. GlowingStorm

GlowingStorm Member

hey its glowingstorm again, you may have seen my other post San fran. headz either way...I'll be taking one day trip north of SF and one day trip south of SF. I only want to drive 3 hrs max any one way though.

I'm tryin to find the hippie communities (informal or otherwise) without having to drive to the far reaches of humbolt county.I was plannin on taking 101 north to somewhere, enjoying where i am and then taking rt 1 south bak to SF.

For my southern trip i was just goin to takert 1 south 3 hrs and then back. I leave for my first trip on thurs (my birthday!!)

I'm espcially interestd in meeting people or going somewhere where i can meet nice "kynd" people.

PLEASE IF U HAVE ANY ADVICE IN WHICH TOWNS TO SEE, tell me! :) I am from South eastern PA and i know there are plenty of hippy events that go on that only an "insider" would know.., so if u can help a PA boy out in CA i'd much appreciate it :) IF you would like to meet up if u are from one of these towns or accompy,I'd be more than happy to have company, I have been buying goood buds and plan on smoking them as i travel the CA coast. pece :)

2. ForestNymphe

ForestNymphe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Santa Cruz is two hours south of San Fran. I can't say it is a "hippie community" but there are alot of hippies young and old hanging out there .

If you are still around for Memorial Day weekend you might check out the Boulder Creek Art & Wine Festival. Lots of homemade arts and crafts, great music and kind folks. Boulder Creek is in the San Lorenzo Valley. Take HWY 1 to HWY 9 and you're there. :)

3. GlowingStorm

GlowingStorm Member

Okay cool, I appreciate the heads up on santa cruz sceen. When i drive north I will be heading into northern mendo county. I've been told to see boontown(boonville?) and piercy along the way. Since I will not be able to go into humbolt, wheres is also a great place to see the great forests of northern mendo (if there are any :)

~John :)

4. ForestNymphe

Boonesville is cool. It's a tiny little town in the Anderson Valley but has some cool shops and a great brewery. There is a beautiful state park right off of HWY 1 as you get into the town Little River that is worth a stop. The hiking trails are great! The town of Mendo itself is nice, it's gotten kinda prcey and touristy over the years but it's still a fun town after dark.

5. ForestNymphe

How was Mendo? Hope you got a chance to see the beautiful headlands and enjoy some of the people in town.

It was a pleasure to have ya over, Dan and I enjoyed your energy and the music greatly!

6. GlowingStorm

GlowingStorm Member

:) thanx alot .., it was great to see and meet the residents of santa cruz, people are apart of places, and that defiantly was true on my mendo trip. on the way nup 128, I picked up a hitchhiker, gave him a ride to this ranch outside of Mendo, gorgeous place, so meeting people in Santa Cruz , San Fran, and Mendo made my trip amazing to say the least :) Im glad you enjoyed the music

the artists (that I reccomend that you check out and the ones you like are listed as the following

Lemon Jelly www.lemonjelly.ky

Soulstice www.soulstice.com

Zero 7 www.zero7.co.uk

Fort Lauderdale http://www.memphis-industries.com/fort_lauderdale.html

Zuco 103
    http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?style=MUSIC&pid=3680049&cart=190014494

Supreme Beings of Leisure http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?style=MUSIC&pid=5002770&cart=190014494

If for some reason there is no music or samples on the groups site, I reccomend either going to

www.cduniverse.com

or

www.soulseduction.com

they are both online CD stores loaded with alot of incredible music that never makes into american music. Check em out and tell me what ya think :)

pece :)

7. ForestNymphe

Thanks you so much! We have been going nuts trying to recall the names of those bands.