California beaches reopen

Discussion in 'California' started by beckelliot, Apr 29, 2020.

1. beckelliot

beckelliot Members

Huntington Beach in Orange County is apparently open for business. I get it. There is a heatwave and the Pacific ocean is tempting but I'm not so sure that was a wise decision. I don't see how social distance requirements can be effectively enforced short of posting police officers in conjunction with lifeguards. People are going to do what they want and $100 fine is probably a drop in the bucket. After all if you can afford to live in the OC then you can afford to pay a fine.

bry75 likes this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Yeah.. I don't see how they can do it.

In Ventura beaches were opened too, but only for walking or something? I don't really understand it...

I mean, I understand that people are not used to this. It takes determination and a little discipline. A lot of people aren't capable of it I think.

But it's never mattered more.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  3. beckelliot

beckelliot Members

It makes no sense. You're allowed on the beach as long as you keep moving. No sitting, no sun bathing, etc. I imagine some are swimming. The theory being that sunlight and salt content destroy the virus. That may very well be but I think it is foolish.

tjr1964 and soulcompromise like this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Didn't work in Florida during spring break....

tjr1964 and eggsprog like this.
  5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I doubt I'll go to the beach anytime soon but that's more with me not being much of a beach person. However, I don't think I've ever felt such joy seeing people I didn't know in the park as I did the other day.

GLENGLEN and beckelliot like this.
  6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Apparently there are reports Adolf Newsome is planning to close beaches again.

7. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

NJ governor is re-opening state parks on May 2nd. Things like hiking, biking, kayaking are allowed, but playgrounds, restrooms and visitor centers will stay closed for now.

Pretty happy about this since it means I should be able to go camping this summer

guerillabedlam and Running Horse like this.
  8. beckelliot

beckelliot Members

Gavin Newsom according to the LA times is planning to close beaches to slow the spread of Covid. The only ones I think that were open were Huntington in OC and one in Ventura. I could be wrong though about the last one. Interesting that the Bay Area was the first to take this shit seriously and locked down quickly.

soulcompromise likes this.
  9. The beaches are the healthiest places to go, and closing them...the gov and mayors are nuts...

When I heard read about wineries closed in CA, I also heard not Newsome's...hypocrite!!!!

10. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power