Calgary

Discussion in 'Canada' started by environmental_junkie, May 16, 2004.

1. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

Anyone from Calgary? Give me a shout.

2. retrofishie

retrofishie Senior Member

do you know how far the grey hound bus station is from the air port?

3. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

It's about a half an hour ride, why are you leaving? :(

4. retrofishie

retrofishie Senior Member

I'm going from london to toronto, flying from toronto to calgary and taking the bus from calgary to Salmon arm bc

5. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Happy Wanderer

I live in the UK at the minute but will be flying into Calgary when I move home to Medicine Hat

Love & laughter
    EnonEmouse

6. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

Enonemouse,
    Does this have something to do with BATUS or are you just happen to be visiting the UK?

[None of BRocktoons business but Im just curious chit-chatting]

:D

7. Enonemouse

Yup married a Brit who was there for 3 years!!! Where are you???

Love & Questions & Answers too
    EnonEmouse

8. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

hehe.. for some reason that was my first assumption.

My next one is that you met him down at the Assiniboine (Sin Bin) but again,,, Im not meddling ;)

(Typical guesses eh lol)

Not much has changed in three years but I will fill you in on what to expect:

Tigers won everything this year. :D

Esplanade over-budget as expected and city endlessly going on about it.

Everyone still tail-gates for no explicable reason.

The Hat is still the 'twilight zone' of Canada and as you are finding out - you can check-out anytime you like.. but you can never leave.

.. and I left to the UK for a girl and Im back too lol!

9. Enonemouse

Nope never met him in the Sin Bin. I met him on camp as I used to work on the base when I lived there. I was a sect in CES on base. He isn't the Sin Bin type either more of a Captians Cabin kind of guy. Also I have been married to him for 14 years and gone for 13 years he was there for 3 years.

I take it your there. I so wonder if I know you I lived there most of my life before I moved over here so I might even know who you are?????????????

Love & Wondering
    EnonEmouse

10. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

i'm from just outside of calgary. not even an hour outside of it.

11. Sunnie

Sunnie Jes-Jes

I'm north of it.

12. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

Enomemouse.. I am a recent addition to The Hat so its not likely we've met .. although I used to come out here on Holidays and trips when I lived in Calgary.
    Captains Cabin.. ive never been in there but everyone says they have THE best Fish n Chips in town?

I seem to be an exception ....but i honestly prefer the average fish'n'chips shop in Canada to the Chippies in the UK.
    Now Im sure no Brit would stand for that lol.

The Hat is experiencing growing pains. Cops dont seem to know how to handle the new things like 'Crack-heads' and newer slicker criminals from the 'big cities'.

Traffic is getting more troublesome too.. which is not being helped by never-ending constuction delays around over-passes.

Old Post office is gone and replaced by gigantic metal and glass monster called 'The Esplanade'.
    They even renamed the streets downtown back to the originals = 4th is now Montreal St.
    3rd is now Toronto st. (bleckhhhhh)
    2nd is Espanade st
    cant recall what 1st is now?

People here are still friendly, slow and cheap.
    oh.. and the hutterites and mennonites still show up ..but they all got new vans now.
    ...which they crash a lot.

:D

13. Enonemouse

I have to say I am not fond of UK fish & Chips either they are soooooooooooo greasy. One thing I will miss when I go home is Kebabs. I love Kebabs!! Especially the chicken ones. And Curries but I can cook a mean curry now so I should be OK.

Sounds like the Hat isn't much different just moving into this sentury finally (will maybe sort of kind of) Probably or like moving into last senyrty after being the one before. The Huttieroes stilld rink too much potatoe wine and drive too so noting differnt other then the type of transport they crash. Seekms wierd they decided to change the names back after all these years. Just want to confuss the hell out of everyone I am sure. So what is this big building in town now where the post office used to be? I do log onto the Newspaper every now and then but not often enough by the sunds of it as I missed that one.

Love & Maybe see you in the summer
    EnonEmouse

14. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

Its a 'pet-project' of City Council and its called 'The Esplanade'.

Its a massive 'Cultural Centre' although no one is entirely sure 'exactly' what is supposed to be done with it.

Its probably going ot be about the same size as the City Hall building and also made of glass.

Yep.. its gonna be fun alright.

They found a way to pay for it too - By building it they have closed of 4 streets for parking.
    Then.. whenever people violate parking rules they slap a fine on the car.

Hahah... so it pays for itself!

Yep... The Hutterites sure have driving issues. Now when I see a van load coming down the road - I get as far away from them as possible!!
    ;)

15. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Member

yo enviromental junkie how old are u im from calgary