Calea zacatechichi

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by hello, May 26, 2004.

1. hello

hello ~*resonance*~

I had my first experience with this plant yesterday.
    a friend of mine had given me a bag of this crumbly-dried-green-leafy-stuff. although he didn't know what it was. there was a label on the bag: "Calea", and it gave instructions for use.

i did a little research on "Calea", and i found out that it was used by
    native tribes in Mexico to induce dreams and visions. i read a few experiences
    on erowid, and decided to give it a try.

i followed the instructions as given:
    1. wait until just before bedtime.
    2. make tea with 2-3 grams of leaves. steep them in simmering water for 15 minutes.
    3. roll one joint from the leaves.
    4. drink tea, and smoke joint.

so i did all of that, and all i can say is that something happened.
    when i drank the tea and smoked the joint, i felt just slightly off baseline.
    nothing too out of the ordinary. i was relaxed, and i felt kind of "funny".

but when i laid down to sleep, i saw (in my mind) some odd little visuals,
    and my sense of space/time was a bit off. i remember falling asleep normally,
    and then having some fantastic dreams...

i don't remember too many of the dreams, but i could tell a difference between
    these dreams and my usual dreams. the content and images were more off-the-wall
    and surreal... there were people, but they were completely blue, or green. i mean their whole body was that color. and the sensations in the dream were more real. touch, sight, and hearing were all amplified and more "tangible". pretty strange stuff generally.

when i woke up, i was in a good mood, and i had a sense of being "cleansed."
    the first thing that i did was to write down all the stuff that i remembered,
    and i phrased it like this: "my subconscious has been flushed out."

other than that, there were no lingering side effects. on the whole, the experience
    went along with descriptions that i've read online. Calea is interesting stuff,
    and it's legal, although it must be kind of hard to find. i had never heard of Calea
    until someone gave me some, and even they didn't know what it was.

so, has anyone else tried Calea???

2. the zen-man puck

the zen-man puck Member

I tired it, and freaking love it

3. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

Wow! Im very interested in it now, and I will add it my wish list.

So basically it is psychedelic lucid dreaming???

4. the zen-man puck

the zen-man puck Member

yeah, it is

5. prairiepixie

prairiepixie Member

~*calea ~ ahhhhh yes.... the magic dream herb ~ shipped some in from the basement shaman a few years ago ~ though the tea tasted like a poo taco ~ any suggestions on how to sweeten it up? tried like a quart of honey with it and it was still icky. ahh well... no pain no gain. heehee. smokin it hasn't really done it for me though ~ thanks for the instructions i'll have to combine smokin with tea! all else i have to say it DO NOT try this with ANY intty bitty trace amounts of allcohol in your system ~ it is an MAO inhibitor and in combination with any trace of alcohol can be very damaging to your liver!! take care out there*~

6. mmelody

mmelody Member

Its certainly on my list of things to try soon...sounds divine.

7. the zen-man puck

the zen-man puck Member

it has given me the best dreams I ever had.

8. PeaceAndLove311

PeaceAndLove311 Member

The Dream Herb is the most divine plant I've ever experienced with. Dreams are the most spiritual experience you'll ever go through, in my opinion, and The Dream Herb only serves to further connect you with the supernatural dream world. If any of you would like to hear my theory of the true nature of dreams, PM me, or just post.

Later,
    Hank

9. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

hë £ëåƒ öƒ GöÐ îŠ öñë öƒ †hë hårÐ늆 Þ£åñ†Š †ö gërmîñå†ë. Ά vvåŠ å þh Ðöîñg Šö åñÐ ÐîÐñ'† grövv vv룣. ::(

10. InFlames420

InFlames420 Member

where did you find that it was an MAOI?, i've researched and never came across that. A reference or website would be greatly appreciated. I bought some and don't wanna go thru the dietary restrictions if I don't have to.

11. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Member

Been there done it...grown it...gagged on it...not a thing!
    Ahhhh the power of suggestion !!!
    Sweet Dreams!