Buying Spores Online

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by gnomefootlocker, Feb 10, 2009.

1. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

do you know which? i feel like ive heard that spores101 was, but im not possitve. ive only heard good things about ralphsters from reading online.

2. headveggie21

headveggie21 Member

Definately not. I've purchased MANY times from all 3. These are the only sites I use.

3. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Use at your own risk.

4. 36fuckin5

36fuckin5 Alchemycologist

Although it's been a while since I've ordered from anyone but Spores101, I've had good results from all 3. Sporebank.com has sent me a few bunk syringes, though.

5. lifizaconstantREawareness

lifizaconstantREawareness Member

A domestic shipment would bypass U.S. customs.

6. nesta

nesta Banned

i think you've missed the point. its illegal to send spores to california, idaho, or georgia - NOT to the us. us customs has nothing to do with it, spores are legal except in those specific states.

but a company within the us isn't going to send to those states because it could potentially get shut down for doing so.

7. lifizaconstantREawareness

lifizaconstantREawareness Member

If you were a spore shop and you sent a syringe to Hollywood, the product has a chance of being seized if you are shipping from Holland. If you are a shop in the U.S. and you ship to Hollywood, who is going to know besides you and your supplier? USPS isn’t looking for spores, lol. They don’t have the interest or authority. Unlike Homeland Security in U.S. Customs, they can’t open your package without a warrant from a judge. Selling a small amount of research spores are unlikely to be any kind of priority.

Here is my point…

It’s not unreasonable for a smaller sporeshop to send to CA, despite the law. 1 out of 5 Americans live in CA. It’s the worlds 8th largest economy. Excluding products to CA is like dropping 20 percent of your potential sales. Even if some angry mom got a hold of her 16 year old’s products, what could she do? As the receiver, the son is the only real guilty one in the case, so long as the person who is shipping is someplace where spores are legal.

8. nesta

nesta Banned

no legitimate spore vendors ship to CA, ID, or GA. they all specifically state that they do NOT because they don't want to be shut down.

its not a matter of the postal service opening the packages - its a matter of knowing that their product is NOT legal everywhere, and if they want to continue doing good business out in the open they must obey the law.

theres no issue with actually sending it there - there is an issue with a BUSINESS within the united states in one state dealing in substances legal in their location, but shipping them to locations within the us where said substances are illegal.

these companies are already under scrutiny if you haven't noticed. they are legal, but only just. if they imply that their products are to be used in an illegal manner, i.e. cultivation, they will be shut down as quick as a headshop selling "pot pipes" or "bongs," or selling to minors.

they go to great lengths to make sure they are fully within the law because they know their businesses are being watched, they are known, and they are only just barely legal.

legitimate businesses do not participate in illegal activities. any spore vendor worth dealing with will not send spores of psilocybian mushrooms to places in which they are illegal, because THEY have something to lose. in the case of a foreign vendor they stand to lose nothing - they get paid for the shipment prior to shipping it, and a foreign country will not close down their business. just like cannabis seed vendors willing to ship to the US - caveat emptor.

but the difference is there is no reason for spores found in customs to be seized - they are not illegal in the us. ONLY the states in question will confiscate these spores with good reason, and the states, afaik, are not in the business of opening mail on a regular basis.

the most meticulous customer would enlist a third party, a trusted friend or relative in another state, to order the spores themselves to a location in which they are legal. they could then be sent via personal mail to their intended destination.

i have NEVER seen a US vendor of good repute which did not clearly state that their product would NOT be sent to locations in the US where they were illegal, nor have i seen reputable vendors which didnt clearly state that their products were not meant to be cultivated under any circumstance, etc.

any company in the us which will ship to the three states in question is foolish. and you'll be hard pressed to find a vendor willing to do so anyway.

9. blabla007

blabla007 Guest

all the companies I have found say NO to sending to california.....some have said they will charge you restocking if you order for cali...anyone knows how long they will last in the mail? you know to get around sending to cali

10. Fantasia888

Fantasia888 Guest

I have Amazon, Creeper & Golden Teacher prints available. Made on 99% isopropyl alcohol wiped foil. Spores are made under a sterilized shot glass for 1-2 days. Email me at ncac444@gmail.com for info. Ideal for Psilocybe cubensis microscopy identification. Consult your local laws for permission. Unable to send to Idaho, California or Georgia as these States have Specifically banned spore possession.

11. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Bookmarking.

1 person likes this.
  12. CarrollAlexander

CarrollAlexander Guest

I found these http://www.magic-spores-shop.com/shipping/ while i was searching for spores. These mentioned particular countries on which they don't ship. I think they ship to California.

1 person likes this.
  13. Mad Nok

Mad Nok Member

So ive been looking into this, and will probably join the shroomery at some point.. Is it difficult to grow them once you get your syringe?

14. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Keep the temperature right and make sure it is sterile and it's not too hard. The hardest part will be keeping it sterile, you are bound to mess that up from time to time so make sure you have enough spores to try more then once.