Buying Greenland

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by lode, Aug 16, 2019.

1. I'd expect no less than "absurd" as the reaction most Europeans deliver when they react to an American. Not that the US ever did any real good over there. Right?

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I wasnt really trying to say your generation never did anything about pollution or litter

I am just saying, I've met a ton of older people who deny climate change but I've never really met anyone my age or younger who I've needed to convince or "influence" as you put it, that climate change is real. They already know it's real and looms catastrophically ahead of us by just a few decades, if that.
    Whereas I've came across plenty of baby boomers that sort of take the attitude of who cares because they'll be dead.
    Not all, not even most..but enough to notice

stormountainman and MeAgain like this.
  3. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Well said, but he is not creating a dystopian society, but inheriting one. His own base is shrinking from too much alcohol and vitriol. Go ahead, write your congressman and tell him half the country has disenfranchised you. See how fast things just get worse. Its much more productive just to encourage the Three Stooges to eat each other alive.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Baby boomers were born between 1946 and 1964. Sp 1963 is the cut off date.
    I'm not sure if Writer is a Boomer.

Regardless the Boomers have left many things undone, much to our shame...but there never really were that many Boomers into the hippie stuff. There were 76 million U.S. boomers. I guarantee there weren't that many serious hippies into the counter culture..

5. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Trump was pretty disrespectful in all the talk about buying Denmark' autonomous region. If China were talking about buying Hawaii, we might find that disrespectful too. As for Trump doing "pretty good", see The Donald Trump Scorecard for some 1300 opinions to the contrary. .

MeAgain likes this.
  6. wooleeheron

China talking about buying Hawaii would be disrespectful, because the US could buy all of China, just like Greenland. All we would have to do is blockade their ports. That's why the Chinese invested heavily in updating their navy to the most modern on the planet. They know how the game is played, by pointing guns at people and demanding they do business on your terms. Although China's navy would definitely deter the US from blockading them, or outright invasion, they are no match for the US anymore than Russia. Saddam Hussein had the 3rd most powerful military in the world, and the US went through them like a hot knife through butter. It was such a slaughter that Schwarzkopf had to call off the attack in Kuwait, because they would have killed every single one of them attempting to retreat.

Assuming the Pentagon has robots for the task, resistance is futile. Get it straight, the US points guns at people and the value of the dollar goes up. The US would point their guns at more people, but it would simply inflate the value of the dollar. We could bankrupt Greenland overnight and get a bargain on it. The idea that money alone commands respect is one the Pentagon likes to encourage among the mindless masses. Civilians often know nothing about politics, which is why over half the population insists the government is too liberal with its censorship.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  7. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I think Air, and water pollution is getting worse, and I see several waterways that are full of trash.

8. wooleeheron

The insects are dying, the plants are dying, the birds are dying, the fish are dying, and even our average lifespans and IQs are rapidly decreasing. Air pollution has been directly linked to a significant drop in IQ.

9. Neither am I. I seem to be on the cusp depending on who you ask. I'm also on the cusp of 2 astrological signs, so maybe that's why I'm destined to never trust one side or the other more or less from each other when they've both proven to be inclined to play games with the truth and reality. It's like watching a couple of step parents fight.

10. Yes, actual pollution is certainly still with us and has taken new and bizarre forms like floating islands of the stuff. Unless we can show that the trash is also causing "Global Climate Change", it's not going to draw as much interest. It becomes the problem of those who find it on their shores.

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

But you were talking about The Donald Trump score card thread?

I'm not wading through that thing, its 700 pages long, which means 695 pages of garbage ;)

12. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I agree.
    [​IMG]

13. wooleeheron

All the plastic is killing the smaller animals and fish.

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I'm not having a go at you here, but that post is exactly part of the problem, too many people lately focusing on the wrong level

You did say "his trade wars"

With near zero inflation;

- Traditional monetary policy doesnt work, governments have minimal influence on their economies

- Quantitative Easing is the only tool left in the tool box, no one is really sure if it works all that well, so there are no experts on it

- QE is in itself a form of protectionism, devalue your own currency and the costs of imports go up, hurting poorer countries

At least with tariffs you can specifically target the likes of china, buy your own bonds in large quantities it will affect all importers

Stories from CNN, Washington post level sources dont really mean anything, they will just parrot each other and paraphrase Bloomberg anyway.

A survey that says 50% of economists are pessimistic, doesnt mean anything, is that the dumber 50%?

If a country is forced into QE, its like a general trade war anyway

Zero inflation, there is no choice, we get forced back into protectionism, either the way the US is trying or each countries central bank will end up doing it for them

18 trillion in negative yield bonds worldwide its a big deal. The US way is smarter than what Germany is doing

They are not Trumps trade wars

15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Buying isn't the same as taking by armed force.

16. wooleeheron

The Native Americans thought they were leasing the land to the whites, and didn't believe anybody could buy it. We will pay them a token, and make it official that we bought it, instead of taking it by force. Mexico, we just stole it from, but Greenland has a white population. Call it "Eminent Domain".

17. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I agree.

18. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

No one is going to change VG’s mind no matter what Trump does or says.

The real question is what’s going to happen in 2020 If Trump doesn’t get reelected?

What’s going to happen to the millions of people who have drunk the cyanide-laced kool-aid tump has been dispensing since 2016.

Will they just simply fade away until another mentally declining charismatic leader emerges from out of the republican party

Flagme15 and Okiefreak like this.
  19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Joe Biden still going to be breathing November next year?

Swap one senile old white fart for another?

20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Given the alternative, I’ll take a mentally declining Biden over Crazy Trump any day of the week.

Flagme15 and Okiefreak like this.