buttons.

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by kitty fabulous, May 16, 2004.

1. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

i've got a gazillion of 'em. mostly plain, boring ones. ideas? i mean besides shooting them out the window at the heads of unsuspecting passer-bys.

2. Melody

Melody Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I think I saw a thread about this before, and a lot of people had a lot of great suggestions, c'mon people, reply!

Hmm, you could glue them to things like to make a border on a picture frame or mirror. You could sew them on to your jeans and make nifty patterns out of them. You could use them as beads.

3. mjoda

mjoda Member

get a plain purse or handbag (or make one) and sew buttons all over it to completley cover the fabric. it looks really cool.

or -- get a pair of fabric flip-flops and sew buttons on the thong part that holds your foot in

or -- make a plain fabric belt or sash and cover it in buttons and use yarn or hemp or whatever to tie it up

or what i think would look so cool, but would probably be heavy and probably awkard to wear, make a skirt and get tons of tiny plain buttons and cover the fabric in them so your basically wearing a button skirt! you could make a really funky pattern with different colours of buttons as well

cheers!

4. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I saw someone make one of those hanging beaded curtain things out of a buncho of buttons. It was pretty cool. You can also sell anything on eBay. After I got fired from Dillard's, I sold my nametage for $5.

5. mjoda

mjoda Member

hahaha
    that's one of the best things i've ever heard--for so many reasons
    btw, what is Dillards?

6. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

It's a department store run by a bunch of snobby southerners with a slave owner mentality... They have a lot down here, but not many up north. It's like Hecht's and stuff, but it's supposed to be more upper class. Whatever.

7. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

yeah.. itd be rad to have a shirt just covered in buttons, oh and man.. you could like, you know mosaics, you could do that with buttons on a big cloth.. like a design or something..

8. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

Holy shit! That's a lot of buttons!

Anyways-- I use buttons to end my hemp creations. Instead of tying a huge knot on the end, I just slip in a button, and it works wonderfully.

9. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

Uh, the button hanging curtains - did yall sting them up with the buttons flat?

I really like the idea of using them to make mosaics on clothes or bags. I might try that on a bag.