Butch Broads and Soy Boys: What Happened to Millennials?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You know what should be a good paying job for labourers?

Building a big wall. >.>

:tongueclosed:

2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I want to make beautiful German American babies with this post :hearteyes:

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm probably wrong bro, I don't ever seem to be right about these things haha.

The only thing I do know is that the world just keeps on changing and I don't like what I see.

4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I See No Traces Of "Soy" There....... :D

Cheers Glen.

Piney likes this.
  5. I agree with the anti-masculinity trend in that it's nobody's business to decide that a certain behavior or mode of thinking is more masculine than another. For as long as there have been men, there have been all different types of men. Therefore, all of their behavior was masculine, though the behavior of some might have been rewarded more than the behaviors of others. The sissy who hated hunting in caveman times, though...today he doesn't need to hunt. And he can, likely as not, make as much if not more money than the lead hunter. He isn't bursting at the seams with testosterone, but his behavior is rewarded. The man with the most testosterone might be widely regarded as sexier, but a woman's preference in men has nothing to do with what a real man is.

I guess it would be nice if you could separate "real men" from every other "wannabe man," who fails in some regard. But if you're going to be introspective and honest with yourself, you have to look at what all kinds of men have done and do, and question whether their traits lie within yourself. And only then will you be in touch with your manliness.

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

May contain traces of nuts though

GLENGLEN likes this.
  7. 6-eyed shaman

It's not so much about "returning the favor" as it is showing basic appreciation, and getting rid of this divisive "boys against girls" mentality.

Themnax's post didn't sit well with me, and I had to throw it all out there. He, like many people in our society, seem to see manliness as a negative shameful trait, and femininity as the pinnacle of human perfection. Why is this? You do not empower women by vilifying men. Femininity and masculinity are equally important and they compliment each other like a yin yang. Testosterone is the driving force behind a man's sex drive, and that sex drive can be his most powerful drive to be the best he can to provide for and protect his woman, his family, and his community. By demonstrating real manliness, he can attract the respect and power from women he desires. I truly believe that men are most empowered when they feel needed as protectors, providers, problem solvers, and more. Women are different in that they feel most empowered when they feel cherished. It was "manly men" who made the rule that women and children were to be let first off the Titanic. Femininity is also valuable in our society as well. Femininity offers a well adjusted nurturing, caring, and a more patient trait. There are certain things that men do better than women, just as there are things women do better than men; these differences should be celebrated not castigated.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I think what "real man" is up to personal perception so arguing about it is mute and pointless point of discussion. I don't really know any guys that work outside a labouring job. Well, few computer guys on my pool team I suppose like web design. Just not my cup of tea really I guess and I did that contract admin job around those office sites so saw first hand men slaving in the sun or cold, always get complaints. He parked in my spot I had to walk 50m to get to the office. Talk about first world problems Mr. Office man...

Nah, I'll stick up for trades folks any day of the week. :) and I see my perception of men every day where I live, old and lonely men doing the jobs nobody wants to do anymore in terms of farming. Only willing help are family members. Hell, even I'm in that life still.

World likes to talk discrimination in every way possible these days, but it seems to be lost in the work force.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Appreciation probably would have been a better word but with Meliai's question functionally its the same difference.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Everytime I read "women feel most empowered when they feel cherished" i cringe a little

eggsprog likes this.
  11. 6-eyed shaman

You’re not a fan of chivalry, I suppose.

I’ll know to say those words more often :tonguewink:

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

No, it's not that

And of course I want to feel cherished, who doesnt..we all want to feel loved and to feel special to someone we think is special. both men and women want to feel this way

But a man claiming that the thing that makes all women feel empowered is how a man makes them feel? Thats essentially what you're saying. Its a bit cringeworthy.

Coming from a woman - i feel empowered when I take on some impossible goal and kick its ass, or when I have to face hard tasks day in and day out and I get up every morning and I do what I need to do. Or doing something that scares me and finding out it was thrilling rather than scary. Those sort of things empower me. Going home after kicking the day's ass and feeling loved and cherished by my man? Thats really nice, thats the cherry on top of life and having a caring partner certainly softens life's hardships ... a lot. But thats not really what empowers me.

You just shouldnt speak in generalizations, is basically what i'm saying. You dont really know what empowers women, you just know what you want to think empowers women

Tyrsonswood, lode and tumbling.dice like this.
  13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

And also this. Why do you get to decide what constitutes "real" manliness

Imma use Ernest Hemingway because i've been reading nothing but Hemingway for the last couple months. He was a real man's man, he hunted and fished and drank and did manly things but he was also a notorious wifebeater. Is he really more of a man than someone who treats women kindly but doesnt have "manly" hobbies?

Masculinity and femininity are a spectrum, and basically the point i've been trying to make the last few pages and probably doing a horrible job at it, is that I dislike the notion of putting people into boxes. Those "soy" boys have dicks, they're just as much a man as any other man. You shouldnt have to act and look a certain way to be considered a real man or a real woman

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think thats enough out of me for one night :sweatsmile:
    I'll see my lady parts to the kitchen

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

16. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Even if I could I probably wouldn't do that. Get a sore neck. N00b. :p

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So.......get up and go to work day in day for 40 years out like 90% of the guys out there

I dont even know what empowering women means, I know what empower means, can just look up the definition:

verb (used with object) to give power or authority to; authorize, especially by legal or official means: I empowered my agent to make the deal for me. The local ordinance empowers the board of health to close unsanitary restaurants. to enable or permit: Wealth empowered him to live a comfortable life

Especially in relation to the first thing I quoted....empowered in that context means doing to same shit guys do, just getting some attention for it

Yeah, I know I'm a dick, but you know what I mean, in real life, the only times you here those two words together, empowering women its either some dumb TV ad weight watchers, empowering women for 60 years, or some dumb TV talk show where they have some guy on that survived a bushfire, lost 3 limbs and burns all over his body, the verb empowered never gets used, called inspirational maybe....then 10 minutes later, their next guest is the 15th chic to get a football scholarship and she is empowering to all women apparently

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

On the flip side Octomoms kids turned 10 recently

Remember when everyone ganged up on her, saying the kids were all going to turn into serial killers or junkies

They didnt

She actually has 14 kids all up, jeezus christ, I wouldnt be able to handle that

If you guys have knighthoods, she should get a knighthood

20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

In terms of sexual drive and desire, testerone is good but in terms of being a provider and protector, you are extremely underestimating the complexity of our being. We only need to refer the aforementioned Newton to call into question your claim that having a powerful sex drive leads a man to be the best person they can be.

I'll acknowledge I'm not the most well versed on US History, but this notion of a static nuclear family where they always were together, if accurate seems like a really thin slice of history, at least for California.

California became a state about 75 years after independence. Around that time, it was primarily guys leaving their families across country in search for gold. Then Civil War, I'm not sure what happened in the later 19th century but in the early-mid 20th century there were 2 World Wars, so again families separated, women's suffrage movement, family dynamics changing.

So you got maybe from the end of WWII until the Hippie Movement for this Static Nuclear Family that you seem to hold in mind, which is hardly a timeframe I'd refer to for the epitome of Tradition.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    eggsprog likes this.