Butch Broads and Soy Boys: What Happened to Millennials?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Mar 17, 2019.

1. I watched the whole thing. I find it amusing. Just her futile struggle. At the very end she says that we have to return to women being submissive to men, that that's the only way to "turn this ship around." hahaha

It's so not happening. Other than that, she just proves pretty much that testosterone levels are dropping in men. She goes on to say that men and women aren't attracted to each other anymore, which I think is untrue. She also says that bullying is a good thing because it teaches people to be competitive.

So many boys just aren't interested in being typical men. And so many women in being typical women. There is no way the ship's getting turned around. Which I don't think is a bad thing at all.

GLENGLEN and eggsprog like this.
  2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The only thing constant--is change.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I recall that some years ago OP was stating going with the traditional family structure was deliberately discouraged or tried to be done away with by the american government. It had something to do with increasing control. I wonder if he still has a similar conviction?

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If you want to know about a decent beer---but otherwise-----who knows?

eggsprog likes this.
  5. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

That stuck in my craw as well.

6. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

I think culture accentuates (as opposed to completely creates) how people are. So, dudes who were a bit feminine to begin with become more feminine under certain cultural conditions.

I think the issue of dudes being widely feminized is something which needs to be addressed, though I think forcing or shaming people into change is wrong & counter-productive.

It always makes me chuckle when I see a scrawny metro-looking dude with a big, butch mamma!

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think it's really brave of young people to really and truly explore their identity. It's sort of like soft acid. :D

8. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

What’s the point of normalizing the abnormal?

Normal is sooooo overrated

9. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Pseudo-science? Aside from science which can be verified via the scientific method ( formation of a hypothesis, testing of hypothesis via controlled scenario multiple times by multiple researchers, & subsequent verification of hypothesis due to results) what isn't pseudo-science?

As to the OP, the evidence I've seen, both in the real world & in psychological case studies, would seem to indicate that a traditional family unit (father, mother, kids) does produce decidedly better mental & social qualities for those children.

Unpopular opinion I know but I stand by what I espouse

10. lode

lode Banned

That's only true in the case of comparing married parents to single parent families.

If you compare gay married parents, there's no difference. Just having more people around seems to help.

What does the scholarly research say about the well-being of children with gay or lesbian parents? | What We Know

That said, a much stronger predictor of antisocial behavior than single parent households is violent households, which the overwhelming number of perpetrators are men.

So two gay moms is the ideal family unit.

eggsprog likes this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I didn't watch the video.

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'm pretty amazed at how many people apparently did. i was under the impression that posting a video with no commentary was a surefire way to get nobody to post in your thread.

eggsprog and Irminsul like this.
  13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The last person I'm going to listen to is some millennial doing a YouTube video. :p

eggsprog likes this.
  14. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

15. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

16. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

She makes some important observations:

Our education system is catered to female learners.
    There are differences between the genders.
    In general, children do better with two parents than one (although we don't know if this is correlation or causation, if I'm not mistaken).

Other than that, she did herself a lot of damage when she started venturing into rather unfounded opinions and some really unnecessary jabs at single mothers and men who might not be ultra-masculine. She really unraveled at the end.

guerillabedlam likes this.
  17. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Does anyone else not agree that the assertive woman/"soy boy" dynamic is not the most "common" dynamic that they observe? I don't see that very often, personally, and I live in an unarguably liberal city.

Asmodean and eggsprog like this.
  18. soulcompromise

I too did not watch. Thread title says all... Disappointed that it's bashing on people I have respected and honored.

19. I see it often and figure it is just the way the world is going. It is being transformed by design

20. soulcompromise

I feel the opposite. It's like we're all being sissies or something if we don't agree with the status quo.