business

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Marcusstrong, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Marcusstrong

Marcusstrong Members

1. It's been YEARS since I have been on hipforums!

So, I'm starting a business soon, making and selling scented candles. I'm having trouble coming up with a name for my shop. It will be mostly online at first, but eventually I'm hoping to rent or purchase a building.

I just don't like the names I've come up with, and the ones I did like are already taken. I don't want to use my own name in the business name. Any ideas?

The only one that really stuck for a while was "soy una vela," but I don't know how I feel about it. I liked it at first, but not so much now.

I'll be using soy and palm wax, and I have at least a thousand scents
    2. I looked up some quotes about candles and fire and such, and found this one, by Vincent Van Gogh: "One may have a blazing hearth in one's soul and yet no one ever came to sit by it. Passers-by see only a wisp of smoke from the chimney and continue on their way."

And this one attributed to Benjamin Franklin: "A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body."

Van Gogh's quote gave me the ideas, Wisp of Smoke and Blazing Hearth.

Franklin's quote made me think more about my idea to also sell books in my shop, and the name Fire for the Mind (or Food and Fire for the Mind, or something similar).

Any thoughts on those ideas?

And, of course, I need to check Google and other sources to find out if any of the names are taken.

I have two weeks before I'll be in business, so keep the ideas coming .

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

3. Lololololololol

Fucking scented candles

4. Waxing lyrical

bft4evr likes this.
  5. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

6. quark

quark Parts Unknown

Call it Scentsy.