Bush's Erratic Behavior Worries White House Aides

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mui, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Mui

Mui Senior Member

Found this... thought some of you might enjoy reading it..

By Doug Thompson

President George W. Bush’s increasingly erratic behavior and wide mood swings has the halls of the West Wing buzzing lately as aides privately express growing concern over their leader’s state of mind.
    In meetings with top aides and administration officials, the President goes from quoting the Bible in one breath to obscene tantrums against the media, Democrats and others that he classifies as “enemies of the state.”

Worried White House aides paint a portrait of a man on the edge, increasingly wary of those who disagree with him and paranoid of a public that no longer trusts his policies in Iraq or at home.

“It reminds me of the Nixon days,” says a longtime GOP political consultant with contacts in the White House. “Everybody is an enemy; everybody is out to get him. That’s the mood over there.”

In interviews with a number of White House staffers who were willing to talk off the record, a picture of an administration under siege has emerged, led by a man who declares his decisions to be “God’s will” and then tells aides to “fuck over” anyone they consider to be an opponent of the administration.

“We’re at war, there’s no doubt about it. What I don’t know anymore is just who the enemy might be,” says one troubled White House aide. “We seem to spend more time trying to destroy John Kerry than al Qaeda and our enemies list just keeps growing and growing.”

Aides say the President gets “hung up on minor details,” micromanaging to the extreme while ignoring the bigger picture. He will spend hours personally reviewing and approving every attack ad against his Democratic opponent and then kiss off a meeting on economic issues.

“This is what is killing us on Iraq,” one aide says. “We lost focus. The President got hung up on the weapons of mass destruction and an unproven link to al Qaeda. We could have found other justifiable reasons for the war but the President insisted the focus stay on those two, tenuous items.”

Aides who raise questions quickly find themselves shut out of access to the President or other top advisors. Among top officials, Bush’s inner circle is shrinking. Secretary of State Colin Powell has fallen out of favor because of his growing doubts about the administration’s war against Iraq.

The President's abrupt dismissal of CIA Directory George Tenet Wednesday night is, aides say, an example of how he works.

"Tenet wanted to quit last year but the President got his back up and wouldn't hear of it," says an aide. "That would have been the opportune time to make a change, not in the middle of an election campaign but when the director challenged the President during the meeting Wednesday, the President cut him off by saying 'that's it George. I cannot abide disloyalty. I want your resignation and I want it now."

Tenet was allowed to resign "voluntarily" and Bush informed his shocked staff of the decision Thursday morning. One aide says the President actually described the decision as "God's will."

God may also be the reason Attorney General John Ashcroft, the administration’s lightning rod because of his questionable actions that critics argue threatens freedoms granted by the Constitution, remains part of the power elite. West Wing staffers call Bush and Ashcroft “the Blues Brothers” because “they’re on a mission from God.”

“The Attorney General is tight with the President because of religion,” says one aide. “They both believe any action is justifiable in the name of God.”

But the President who says he rules at the behest of God can also tongue-lash those he perceives as disloyal, calling them “fucking assholes” in front of other staff, berating one cabinet official in front of others and labeling anyone who disagrees with him “unpatriotic” or “anti-American.”

“The mood here is that we’re under siege, there’s no doubt about it,” says one troubled aide who admits he is looking for work elsewhere. “In this administration, you don’t have to wear a turban or speak Farsi to be an enemy of the United States. All you have to do is disagree with the President.”

The White House did not respond to requests for comment on the record.

2. Rockman

Rockman Member

If that's true...it's fucking terrifying. I'd love to see some hard evidence though...you can't really say much about this kind of thing until you've got that.

Certainly wouldn't be out of place for repulican presidents, though. Nixon went rather nuts in office, displaying a whole lot of the same behavior, and Reagan had some rather interesting views on God...

Where the fuck do they find these people?

3. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

Where did you get this? is there a website for this? I myself believe it..and wouldn't doubt it, but there are others out there, that wouldn't without proof [​IMG]

4. MushroomDreams

MushroomDreams Senior Member

This is too out of character to believe.

5. Mui

Mui Senior Member

6. menlo1

menlo1 Member

Bush is stuttering more than before. He also takes long pauses when asked a question like he's trying to concentrate. The pressure seems to be getting to him, although I can't prove this.

He has the appearance of being on some kind of medication. I don't know what and can't prove it. He just doesn't seem mentally sharp, as if he is on some type of medication.

There are some signs one can look at to get an idea of whether a person is under pressure, such as rapid eye movements, rate of blinking, inflection of voice, Freudian slips, mental gaffs, etc. I'm sure there are outside groups who follow video of the President and take note of these things.

7. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

he was mentally sharp at some point?

8. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

I think this is funnier than shit, Especially if it's true.

I've always thought our whole system was crazy. Now we've got a verifiable lunitic running the show. I feel strangely vindicated.

9. GrievousAngel

GrievousAngel Banned

I don't believe this at all. Mostly because even Nixon's paranoia was exaggerated. This is also way out of character, Bush doesn't seem any duller at all either. He seems to be thinking more about what he says, which all presidents do at election season. Cutelildeadbear, you are a total moron, even if it was intended as joke, it wasn't funny and bordered on stupidity.

10. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

I dunno guys.. It very well may be real. Ever since he visited the pope hes been looking sick. The man did a LOT of blow. If you dont believe that, ask Bush to deny it (he dances like a lightweight boxer against Tyson.) Blow makes you very very sick, physicly and mentally. He didnt have that much to begin with and now hes trying to play the quarter slots with nickles. Even worse. This strung out, mentally deffective, pychotic murdering fuck will probablly get re-elected. Look out any country who says "Hang on." Can anyone say Nuclear Winter?

11. GrievousAngel

GrievousAngel Banned

Lunacy, your name is a perfect description of your mind. Why would this "murdering fuck" use a nuke? honestly why do you say that? Also, because Bush did a small to moderate amount of cocaine 30 YEARS ago you say he is totally burnt out? Why the hell am i even wasting my time trying to convince you guys bush isn't a tard? That is as likely to happen as you convincing me that social programs are a good thing.

12. Jozak

Jozak Member

I am sorry, but punkvoter.com is not my idea of a reliable source for quotes, stories, and conversations between George Tenet and the president.

The White house could not be reached for comments? Who asked them, PUNKVOTER.COM? Why should we be surprised? I think any president has a lot more things to worry about then getting back to a site like punkvoter.com, which I would not put it past them to change the response as soon as the got it even. This does not just go for this left wing site, right wing ones as well.

13. Jozak

Jozak Member

What the hell does the Pope have anything to do with this lol?

14. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Jozak, Bush has made numberous declarations to friends on what Gods will is. Many know the story of the argument he got involved with his mother about non-christians going to heaven. He called up a friend to back him. His visiting the pope means he could be SERIOUSLLY influenced by his words.

Angel: Ok... Lets think about this. Half (I shit you not, I've talked to Air Force Officers) HALF of our US Weapons arsenal can take out the planet. Now does it not seem possible that a paranoid burn out could likely snap and fire off a bomb to totally wipe out a "imminent threat to America and our way of life." He did more then a small amount of cocain... In fact he partied until his 30's. So dont come at me with your idolization of an idiot like that with about as many brain cells as your average elementry student.

15. GrievousAngel

GrievousAngel Banned

It's probably alot less than half. But to my question WHY would he do that? We can easily just bomb the shit out of a nation with smart bombs. Why use a nuke? Alice Cooper partied until his 40's and he is far from burnt out, so i doubt Bush is

16. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Right... ok... I'm sorry. I forgot that you know all. Forgive me oh great one. The difference is that Alex Cooper actually did learn something while growing up whilst Bush was a proud C average student. You have to know something to begin with. Problem is he didnt. Have you heard the way he talks. If its more then three scylables he has to look at his speech and sound the words out.

17. menlo1

menlo1 Member

What a sorry state of affairs that we are defending Bush based on how much Alice Cooper partied.

18. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Yeah... kinda scary knowing someone is in control of nuclear bombs who cant even pronunce "nuclear bombs." How is it he got a Texas accent to? Hes not a Texas native, I don't know one damn Texan who talks like that.

19. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

I'm Texan and i sure as hell don't [​IMG]

20. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

Yay I love name calling games. Have you got any proof to the fact that I am a total moron or of my stupidity? Or is it just because I disagree with you, that you think I couldn't possibly possess any intelligence? It might not have been funny to you, but the last time I checked I still had the freedom of speech. I also believe I have the right to question the judgement or intelligence of any president. Until someone arrests me for it, I will continue, no especially if someone arrests me for it. You have a splendid day dear.