Bush doing a good Job

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by meglomaniac, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Real American

Real American Banned

And that would make you what LickHERish? Pissed off at the world because you don't have a penis? Who are you trying to impress here? I am not impressed. All I see is you typing the same thing others are saying just using more defined words. I guess in that sence, applied to what you view as drones, you would be an educated drone trying to force your "we must overcome" views on the people that truely see you for what you are. A selfish coward that doesn't appreciate her freedom. Get off your soapbox lady, you are playing the same song the last guy played.

Sence when did Christianity become a mainstream mantra? Last I checked my rights as a Christian have been taken away. My son is no longer allowed to pray in school. Oh, guess it's ok to screw over someone as log as they aren't part of your homosexual tree hugging support a liberal today circle. When your brains catch up to your vocabulary, let me know, until then, I am done.

Bush For President
    Say No to Homosexual Marriage
    Pray where ever or whenever you want to

2. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Listen Bushbot, take your drivel to Military.com where youll be right at home with other braindead jingoistic warmongers. First off, I happen to be very much a male and secondly have worked long enough in international policymaking circles and in and around the defence establishment to know that we have fought no war since WWII for the preservation of "our freedom". That is merely the emotive soundbite employed by political leaders to rally shallow surface oriented minds like your own to the global hegemonic ambitions of our military industrial complex.

Now go off and wave your flag and be sure to stock up on plenty of duct tape cause Tom Ridge tells you you should.

Jingoistic ultra-nationalistic fool! (Milosevic would have been delighted to have such a like minded sheep counted amongst his supporters).

3. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

people can pray whenever they want to...you can pray in school if you want. You just cant force it on other students and such. whats so horrible about that? Seems like religious freedom to me.

4. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Obviously our Christian ranter prefers a theocracy where authoritarian moral imposition and the resultant infringements against basic civil liberties is the order of the day.

If anyone's reasoning needs some catching up to do its that of those who blindly espouse this fundamentalistic dogma of "Godly" society when our Constitution and Bill of Rights are most clearly the enshrinement of Liberal pluralistic and inclusivistic values for ALL (of any faith, creed and ethnicity).

Perhaps the fundies should go back and actually learn the teachings of scripture. Maybe then they'd have to stop and reflect on why they are so willing to defend and promote repeatedly exposed liars and corrupt crony capitalists who make war for profit in the name of God. Such types have more in common with the mullahs in Iran than any Constitution/Bill of Rights-respecting American.

So your son can't organise a prayer group in a public, state funded facility? Amen to that! You are perfectly free to send him to any number of church schools or to home school him if you prefer thanks to the "liberal" ACLU's efforts to maintain the right of optional choice in education.

5. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

well, actually, he can establish a prayer group within campus confines if they allow other faiths to do so. so there's no problem there. can't pray in school? total crap. you can pray any time you want, wear your crucifix around your neck and your Harvest Crusade t-shirt any time you please. just because the principal can't get up there and lead a prayer with the entire school does not mean that you cannot pray in school never forget seperation of church and state! why is this even an issue?

btw, i AM a christian. very devout. but i don't see what that has to do with other people. even christ said that it's better to pray in a closet than to pray where everyone can watch.

6. metro

metro self-banned

Yep, you are living in the past. I'm sorry about that. I was right then earlier, get back in the kitchen, women don't belong on the internet.

7. metro

metro self-banned

lol!!! You are so hopeless.

8. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Moon you still have not explained why what you believe are gods word are really that god’s words?

When you say that you ‘believe it was meaning’ you are making a selection from many other interpretations, so why have you chosen that one?

I believe that God has helped me interpret the Bible. He who hath an ear, let him hear!!

This again it is based on a choice, you believe that god has helped you interpret the ‘holy’ scriptures in a certain way but how?

Why have you come to one interpretation and not another? Just how did your god help you make your choice?

Does your god talk directly to you and if so how and how do you know it is your god talking? Do you see things in the physical world that you interpret as having meaning if so what and how do you know they do and why do you chose what they mean?

You might say you have faith in what you believe is true, but others who even say they worship the same god as you have different views to your own, and they say they have equal faith in the truth of their own beliefs. How can supposedly one god have so many different views or are they different gods?

That’s just Christianity you could have chosen one of the many other religions and sub sects in the world why not be a Hindu, Sikh, or Muslim? Why choose to interpret the Bible rather than the Koran? Then there are many philosophies Buddhism, Confucianism, communism or atheism to choose from.

Of all these ‘truths’ and ‘beliefs’ why is it you have chosen to believe yours is the right one and why is it that if you are so sure that your view is correct that you seem so reluctant to discuss it?

So once again

You have chosen over other viewpoints to believe in a god, why?

You have chosen to believe that you interpretation of gods will, over that of others, is right, why?

How do you know your political views are god given and not based on your own choice and prejudices?

9. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Max

I know exactly what you mean, you think a thread is dead and the next think you know…. (and by the way may last post to you is still hanging (only joking)

The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail is that the one with Henry Lincoln as one of the authors? I had heard the book was popular again because of the De Vinci code novel. If it is the same one I remember reading that back in 1980 when I was living in Beziers, South of France. I have visited many of the places mentioned it and a few times the church where the massacre took place and the famous quote "Kill them all, god will take his own" was uttered. Hope you like it. The thing about the book is that it is only as good as it’s sources and so on some things it is weak but the stuff on Jesus, his culture, time and place plus the way the story was subsequently put down is reasonably good.

The thing I’ve being trying to impress is that any viewpoint or philosophy can be perverted and corrupted, and that goes for the religious, scientific as well as political. That is why these should always be debated.

I think the democratic, free world has a responsibility to get rid of people like Saddam.

So do I that’s why it is so disappointing to find them supporting such people and such regimes. I’ve supported or campaigned against abuses for many years (over 20 in Saddams case) and from wherever they have originated from.

To me people is what matters, Saddam killed 5000 in one well known gas attack on the Kurds, no government said anything stopped selling arms to him or stopped giving him other support. Only later when the US and UK need to drum up support did those governments bring up this ‘horror’. Pinochet murdered thousands while being lorded the US, then there was Nicaragua, Guatemala etc, you know the list. Your answer is that back then the Cold War meant that brutal regimes had to be supported, because the US was fighting ‘evil soviet type communism’, even the bad shit, (the brutal regimes supported the democratic ones overthrown the murders, torture and rape) that was Which had nothing to do with stopping ‘evil soviet type communism’ were ok.

Those decisions were made by such countries as the US in its own self interest, strategic or financial or to counter what it’s elite saw as a threat to its ideological dogma.

I don’t believe the US has suddenly changed its spots and I don’t think Max that you are naive enough to believe it either.

So far no one, especially not the UN, has done anything for the disadvantaged of this world. 10,000 innocent Iraqis dies in the war, but if the war hadn't happened, over 20,000 Iraqis would have died under Saddam over the next few years.

And millions are dying around the world because of debt they owe to the West and policies that are very much supported by the US mean health care is cut to service such debts. The US supports the subsidising of it own farmers which if dropped could rise the quality of living of many in the agriculturally based economies of the third world.

Many other people in the world die because of the inequity of there social system (including the US).

10. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Angel_Headed_Hipster Senior Member

If your only argument against sadaam is "I mean, come on, He is sadaam after all", than you need to really educate yourself on political issues before you come in this forum.

Peace and Love,
    Dan

11. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

If you don't know what I mean by that, then you obviously don't know about Sadaam's violent past, not to mention his sons. So therefore it is YOU who needs to educate yourself before entering here if this is the case.. And if you think what he was doing was alright, then to each his own.

12. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Angel_Headed_Hipster Senior Member

I know Sadaam was an assholoe and did horrible things, things in which i have educated myself, and realized that he did all these things with the support and friendship of the United States, you on the other hand seem to be completely uneducated about the war and saddam, and have gotten too high of a dosage of bullshit from the daily news, and believe everything you are told. Wait 10 years and see the state Iraq is in, then come and talk to me and tell me how much democracy and freedom is there

Peace and Love,
    Dan