Bush doing a good Job

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by meglomaniac, Jun 4, 2004.

1. meglomaniac

meglomaniac Member

What i've read at this site, it seems that everyone hates Bush. The man has had a tough road and has had to make very tough decisions. After 9/11 he has gone on the offensive. The military has ended the taliban rule and destroyed terrorists camps in afghan... Now we are in the process of liberating iraq which was under tyrannical rule for decades. And we can rest assured that he will not back down to terrorists and insurgents, who blow up school buses to get there message accross. At least the US is willing to take action and sacrifice there own to make the world a better place for our children. Not like the UN which has been completely ineffective since it incarnation. Just my 2 cents for what its worth.

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

From what I've heard, the Taliban is still around.... I'm not a political expert, so I don't post in here very much (because you can be easily attacked if you aren't), but I think that a lot of unnecessary nonsense has gone down since he got into office. A lot of money has been wasted, and a lot of kids have died so the old men and their bimbo wives could drive their Hummers to soccer games... and I'm quite sure it could have been easily avoided if Saddam had been taken out the first time we were over there.

3. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

But we couldn't have taken out Sadaam the first time because the UN would have been ALL OVER OUR ASSES for launching a counter-attack.

But to answer the first post yes, Bush is highly underrated around here, but it's a hippe forum what do you expect? Go to a country club and see how much respect Kerry or Clinton (either one) gets.

4. DoggoD

DoggoD Member

I personally think that he is simply not very intelligent. Not that I am either, its just that he is the President of the United States. I voted for him, but now I feel that I was misled.

5. FireQuint

FireQuint Member

You have a promising future being an ancor on CNN news.

6. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

When Bush jr was first hired on, he was a something of a 'rookie' politician and I found that refreshing.

I didn't expect that much from him other than gently reversing a lot of Clintons 'worst' policies and maybe adding a few uncontroversial ones himself.

Then the USA was attacked.. and what an attack it was!

Im not an American but I am going to say - I was VERY impressed with the way he handled it!
    At times it was great.
    Great.. as in the serious use of the word, as in 'Greatness'.

I did not expect that from him to be honest.

Afghanistan was excellent and imo highly succesful.
    They did NOT think America would immediately respond like that.

Iraq? I still agree with it in principle.. although Im still a little skeptical, however, the most important thing it did was inform all terrorist and supporting countries that there was to be NO MORE shit.

Want evidence of how effective Iraq is - Libya's Khaddafi didn't even need to be threatened with 'next'.
    Overnight Libya basically surrendered anything and all things.. then gave up all information and names LOL!

So .. overall Im very impressed.

...But.. I can think of a lot of 'downsides' too.

7. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

Nah, Fox news maybe.

8. Niraj Aryal

Niraj Aryal Banned

In a few years iraq will be the greatest muslim country in the world. Everyone will flock there as they do now to America. The world says that America just wants iraq oil which okay because that is great money for the people of iraq. A country should be pleased to have such valuable resources to sell. Once the rebuilding of the country is completed and money from oil can start going back to the people that will be a start for people to start there own businesses. I have many family that are doing so well since the fall of Saddam. Money is actually worth something now.

I will be honored to move back to iraq and call myself an iraqi. I have great respect for America but that is their country and iraq will be there own. Many countries will in hope see this success and follow this example. I dream of the day that peace is brought to the middle east and when it happens we will have the American people and Bush to thank.

9. Rebel_1

Rebel_1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

George Bush is a Joke, He new about 9/11 before the attack took place and did nothing to try and stop it. As far as oil, I think of it as raw sewage, It is the number one thing that polutes this earth. All the garbage made out of it. We need alternatives to oil. Also the way the polls are sliding we may not have to worry about this joke getting re-elected again. I also love his tax break plan, my father get about 67 cents more a week. Thats a huge joke. I know another person in a high income bracket that bring home about 70.00 more a week. The ones that need it the most arent getting it. Everything goes to the greedy rich class.

10. meglomaniac

meglomaniac Member

He might be sliding in the polls atm. But will change, the economy is on the up swing, and most people realize the the war was necessary. What if seen of kerry he has nothing knew to offer. And his platform seem contrived and just giving the public what he thinks they would like to hear. I find Bush when he makes a decision he see's through.

11. Digital Underpants

Digital Underpants Member

A lot of people feel Bush tricked them into a war. I myself being an ignorant who could care less most of the time was seriosly confused when we were all of the sudden mad aat Sadam. I thought we were attacking the Taliban how nicely they seemed to have switched our focus. It does appear that it was a good thing to have gotten rid of him because after all he was trying to fuck with us right? No one can screw with American Presidants means of living and get away with it! I will have to say i will more than likely vote for him (Bush) just because i can't see any great thing that Kerry has to offer, I don't want to go changing just to change so we get stuck with Bush for four years whoopie. I can't say if Kerry would be better and that is why i won't vote for him.Please take all of this with a grain of salt as it was intended.

12. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I will have to say i will more than likely vote for him (Bush) just because i can't see any great thing that Kerry has to offer,

Kerry offers a nation in which American citizens have a right to be tried for alleged offenses, for one thing. A nation that doesn't go all the way to the other side of the planet to attack another country, setting up concentration camps and torture facilities for use against anyone that resists- or who is alleged to be planning to resist. He offers a nation whose White House isn't owned, managed, and operated by Halliburton. He'll probably even pick a Vice President that isn't a fascist con artist with blood on his hands.

If you like concentration camps, eliciting confessions via torture, and giving government the authority to "vanish" American citizens without any formal accusation of anything (which Bush specifically has requested in the Padilla case), then I guess you should vote for Bush. That is, if Bush even permits the election. If the US Supreme Court rules in Bush's favor in the Padilla case, he could legally have Kerry assassinated- literally, MURDERED- and you and I would have no recourse whatsoever, absolutely none.

If we're permitted to vote at all, please don't cast your vote for that monster named Bush.

13. Polka Dots and Strip

Polka Dots and Strip Member

Depends what you call a good job, Bush came to power promising tax cuts, a reinvigorated eceonomy and an end to the 'corruption' of the Clinton years. In these areas he has more or less delivered, taxes have been cut, the rich are richer, the economy stumbled after 9/11 but has recently seen impressive growth in terms of money, though emplyment figures have yet to really recover.

In this sense Bush has been a success, however his failings have been far more pronounced, as a war leader Bush is incapeable, Afghanistan is disintgrating while Iraq teeters on the brink of anarchy.

More importantly for a man preaching 'American' values of freedom and democracy he has locked people up and tortured them without trial in Guantanamo Bay while seeming to quietly approve of similar measures in Iraq while the democratic values have included attempting a coup de tat in Venuzuela to remove the liberal leader Hugo Chavez because of his wish to restructure the oil industry.

A reasonable economic leader but an appaling humanitarian.

14. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Sorry to say his economic performance is all smoke and mirrors my friend. He has not only cut taxes whilst running away with deficit spending predominantly on the MIC and his foreign wars of corporate aggression, but he has cut many expenditures, not widely discussed by the US media, to the individual states forcing a rise in the cost of many other aspects of daily life (property costs, schooling costs, health costs, local taxes, etc.).

In the end his tax cuts were the epitome of fiscal mismanagement just as Regan's tax cut at the start of his Presidency was. The difference between the two lies in the fact that whilst Reagan subsequently realised how irresponsible his tax cuts had been and raised taxes for the following two years, Bush continues to talk of further tax cuts.

The sad relaity is that when the bill comes due this time, our citizenry will be forced to dig deeper than ever before to pay it all back (and without the job base required to ease the blow thanks to the wholesale sellout of US employment to oversees markets.

15. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

I would hope you're correct, but what you're saying is not going to happen anytime in the near future. Have you paid attention to any of the news of Arab outrage at the US, and all the soldiers and civilian Americans/Westerners that are being killed every day? Even if Iraq's new government manages to not get assassinated too much or overthrown in a coup, it will be very hard-pressed to command respect because it will be seen as a puppet government, that exists there only because the Great Satan put it there. The neighboring Muslim nations will loathe it all the more, and support for fundamentalism will build as Arabs feel more threatened by and resentment for the Western presence. Not to mention the internal strife that is bound to come in Iraq, especially regarding the Kurds. The Kurds are bound to try and acquire a Kurdish state for themselves carved out of Northern Iraq, from where they will support Kurdish insurgent movements in neighboring countries, which isn't going to endear the US-made Iraq to its neighbors either. What's worse is that our troops are gonna be stuck in Iraq for a while, because if we go a coup is inevitable. With Saddam gone, Iraq is now a huge power vacuum, and in such a volatile region it will be very hard to reinstate stability. That's what I see coming... I wish better luck for Iraq when you return to there, but it sure isn't going to become a paradise anytime soon.

16. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

True, but it will also quickly become a magnet for the people who are fed up with the human rights situation in places like Iran and Saudi Arabia.

17. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

you must not of heard of all the orphanages in iraq that were bombed by the US, then.

18. meglomaniac

meglomaniac Member

Yes that very unfortunate but its war and they are going to be casualties. But the US does not make orphanages or school buses there targets. Like the insurgents and terrorists do.

19. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Ah yes the age old "collateral damage" excuse that serves to excuse our militant warmongering, but is not similarly applicable to those deaths which "unfortunately occurred" during the Iran-Iraq War (no, that has to be genocide in order to provide the last gasp justification for a war based on lies and fabrications).

Let us take note, as well, of the fact that the recently installed PM is in fact another relative of Mr. Chalabi who was first expected to be Washington's shoe in. INC or INA, neither has an ounce of real indigenous support and thus will necessitate a permanent US military presence to prop them up against the will of the Iraqi people.

20. brothwood

brothwood Member

I really can't believe I'm reading this, just when I'd thought I'd spoke to the few Americans who dislike Bush, here comes some who like him!! Bush has used the death of 3,00 people on September teh 11th to take you into war and to attempt to justify it. Yes Sadam was an evil man but if you go on that basis why isn't America attacking Saudi Arabia or China? Oh yes because they are biug countries who may put up a fight, never mind that most of the hijackers on those planes were from Saudi, but hey so what if Saudi gives the most oil to the US, because that what the world is all about to Bush- OIL. One day you will realise that the rest of the world is right. BUt tehn again this comes from a country which believes it is the right of every citizen to own a gun. ( That was part of your constitution to own a gun because at the time you didn't have an army and it was your only defence)