Burnt Shrooms Still Good?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by Chukka, May 12, 2013.

1. Chukka

Chukka Guest

I just baked 8g of shrooms in a toaster oven for 10 mins at 120 celcius and a bunch of them burnt black. I ground them up into a fine powder with a blender and now I am searching for a good brownie recipe or delicious way to consume them. Does anyone know if it will be worth the time considering most of them were burnt in while drying them out? If they are still good any suggestions for recipes?

2. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

Just eat the shit and find out, don't bake em. pointless - you might have already killed the magical goodness. Well, it's almost certain at that temp, although the length of time may have saved it a liiittle bit. Shame on you, either way.

If you wanna eat brownies and get trippy, then make normal brownies and eat them either before or after eating the mushrooms as they are. If you don't like the taste, parachute the magic dust. If you wanna dry them out, just let them sit.

3. Chukka

Chukka Guest

I think I'm probably just going to pour the powder in a infuser and make tea with it, do you think the powder will keep in my freezer for a week (in a supplement bottle)?

4. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Why on Earth were you putting them in a toaster oven??

5. Chukka

Chukka Guest

Was drying them out so they would grind into a finer powder

6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Yeah, you most likely ruined them, psylocibin doesn't stand up well against heat.

What I just don't fathom is that you would harvest, bake/dry, want to bake brownies with them, but wait until AFTER you have destroyed them to bother to do some type of research about the best way to do it. :rolleyes:

The time to research all this shit is BEFORE you even pick 'em.

7. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

That is a stupidest thing I have heard in a long time.

[​IMG]

8. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

You never ever under any circumstance heat shrooms when drying them.

Fan dry them for a few days and then place into a Tupperware box with desiccant to stuck out the last bit of moisture. This will make them cracker dry and can be milled to the fineness of powdered sugar if you so desired.

Toasting mushrooms in a toaster oven...... Now I have heard it all.

[​IMG]

9. gdf13pointfupayme

gdf13pointfupayme Member

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

OP may be new to this sort of thing, no need to be too mean.

In the future Chukka you can just eat them, or place in mildly warm water and boil into tea. 120 Celsius is enough to break the psilocybin down.

11. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

harsh replies :p

the best wait to eat mushrooms is simply dried, on an empty stomach. if you wanna get fancy, crush them up and pour them into something edible and acidic, like lemon juice. the acid will pre-dissolve the fungal matter for you, then you can drink this mushroom/lemon soup (yum yum!) and it will hit you really hard.

understand that adding any kind of food to your mushrooms (like putting them on pizza, making mushroom brownies, etc) is going to diminish your high. There is no if ands or buts about this . . . you are adding more molecules your stomach has to process, more stuff that your digestive tract has to deal with. you are purposefully diluting the active compounds and they will hit you slower and more gradually this way.

mushrooms do not taste that bad. i don't understand the pains people go through to avoid eating them. they just taste like soft wet cardboard, not incredibly appetizing, but not disgusting either, almost no taste. in my opinion there is some beauty to taking the mushrooms as they are, naked, and getting through the 'trial' of their taste as proof of being worthy of the trial of their psychedelic chemicals.

12. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

Oh yes there is

He might as well told us that he tried to iron his underpants while he was still wearing them and burn his cock.

There are some things that are just common sense. A toast oven doesn't dry.....it TOASTS which is basically controlled burning