Burning Man/ Local Burns and Black Rock City

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by drumminmama, Dec 25, 2004.

1. klondike_bar

klondike_bar Senior Member

first off: how much do you spend for how long a festival? for example, the 10K lakes fest is 4 days and 160$. burning man is twice as long, and only 100$ more.

second: buy what you need? you gotta truck it in with you. unless you want to pay-per-use-potty? also, free beer is much easier to come by, rather then paying a beertent at a typical fest.

2. mosschild

mosschild Member

so any tips about trucking in 48 gallons of water for the use of me and my party through out the festival?? i was thinking of investing in a collaspable rain barrel with a spigit, and just filling it up like 3/4ths the way there. less waste, less mess, and i figure other than weight easy to transport... anyone got a better solution than the one i have come up with??

3. Dave_techie

Dave_techie I call Sheniangans

going to the burn, from reno. so it's not that far for me. the shade structure was the trickiest bit, but that got solved, now the hard part is getting stuff there in my little 4 door saturn, with pretty much no money left.

Funsies!

4. klondike_bar

klondike_bar Senior Member

moss, i agree on the water idea. you dont want to be driving around tons of water any more then neccessary (the more your car weighs, the harder on gas consumption/suspension).

I dont know about reno's (or LV's) water quality, but id assume that if you filled up with tap water once in nevada, itd be safe to drink.

5. Dave_techie

Reno tap water is better than las vegas tap water.

it does have a flavour, I don't think it's bad, but I'm used to it.

you'd almost be better going to holcomb and getting your water from crystal geyser (whatever it's called) it's locally owned by an ex school teacher and his wife.

6. BlazingDervish

BlazingDervish Banned

Le sigh. No longer going. Putting my tickies up for sale. Pair of $210's - shouldn't take too long to move them.

7. Kather1ne

Kather1ne Member

I almost went to a burning man in Boonville, MO (Midwest burners). Some people that I go to college with acted like the burning man festival was really offensive because it's a sacred Native American ritual, not just an excuse to do lots of drugs on private property.

8. remelk

remelk Member

if any one is from minnesota and wants to rideshare to burning man contact me i need to find a ride there and i can help with gas money

9. cozmo_g

cozmo_g Is Out Of This World

I'm in Fayetteville, AR and I would love to find a ride to Burning Man...I'll gladly share fuel costs, etc...Let me know soon as tickets are going fast. It would be my first time and I would like to share the experience with some cool people! Feel free to PM me...:cool:

10. haroldadler

haroldadler Member

A VALENTINES PEACE & LOVE Costume and Dance Party with 4 Live Bands
    Saturday, FEB 13th 2010
    at The Art House Gallery, Berkeley, CA
    2905 Shattuck Ave. Berkeley CA94705 510-482-3336
    Art House Gallery & San Francisco's Summer of Love Review" Presents: A VALENTINES PEACE & LOVE
    Costume & Dance Party
    Featuring 5 Live 60's Tribute Bands

JANIS JOPLIN
    CREDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL
    JEFFERSON AIRPLANE
    SANTANA
    STEPPENWOLF
    Costume Contest and Fashion Show
    60s Psychedelic Light Show by LSD VISUALS

Saturday FEB. 13th
    7pm door 8pm show
    18+
    $13. read more
    Price: $13.00
    Phone: (510) 472-3170
    Age Suitability: 18 and up
    Tags: rock roll dance party, live dance party and costume party, VALENTINES PARTY Hippie dance costume party live bands music, dance party costume party live music, a hippie costume dance party rock concert 60s

Art House Gallery & San Francisco's Summer of Love Review" Presents:
    A Hippie VALENTINES Costume & Dance Party

& Featuring 4 Live 60's Tribute Bands

JANIS JOPLIN
    SANTANA
    CREDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL
    JEFFERSON AIRPLANE
    Costume Contest and Fashion Show
    60s Psychedelic Light Show by LSD VISUALS

Saturday FEB 13th 2010
    7pm door 8pm show
    18+
    $13.00 Donation to Benefit Art House

11. Dave_techie

2010, Metropolis

Who is goin'?

12. I_Human

I_Human Member

I'm goin!
    This'll be my first Burn, and I'm comin' all the way from Canada to experience it. I'm not entirely sure what to expect, but all I knows is it will be kick ass!

13. peaceband_chick

peaceband_chick Member

I'm going! Got my ticket and that's half the battle.. 4 years in the making. This year it's happening

14. Kaetix

Kaetix Member

anything in Canada? Preferrably Ontario?

15. bubbler211

bubbler211 Member

hey why dont peeps post some pics of burning man eh? i have the stories but i want the skinny on the drugs sex r r he he can we show ummmm drugs in here lol? well i saw the pics of that led weed so i guess its cool he he

16. BeAFractal

BeAFractal Member

Didn't find a topic for this, so figured I'd post here. Sort of Playa sans dust, from the looks of it. Anyone here been before? I'm going and looking forward to it, but don't know any of the DJs that are scheduled. For example, Bassnecter played last year, I believe. I'm sure it will be plenty of fun, regardless. Anyone else going and have some hints for a newbie? Thanks.

17. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Yeah I would love to see some HF pics from this past year if anyone has them! Gonna try and make it to some regional burns this year and definitely making it to this years main event. :2thumbsup:

18. Dave_techie

This year Megacrew (people who built megatropolis) will be building the temple. I am part of that crew. I am very proud of the work we've done to earn this honor. booya.

19. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

well hello stranger...havnt seen you around...i thought you were dead?...just messing with you...i am envious dave..burning man?...make sure you steal a camera from a hippie and take some pictures and its great to see you:mickey:

20. Dave_techie

Have my own camera. Don't need to steal from a hippie.