Burial

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by backtothelab, May 24, 2004.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Fuck 6 feet under--I'm gonna be stuffed,stood in the corner with a big grin on my mug with hands shaped so that my kids can put various objects in them.A big joint hanging out of the pie hole,a beer in one of my hands for party time and a philosophy book ,glasses and some uppity wine for their serious ,scholarly guests.And I suppose I should be able to be bent over so that if any republicans show up,when informed of how radical my politics were ,they can bend me over and fuck the stuffing out of me ,just like they did when I was alive .Yeah--and I want some BIG motherfucken teeth!Huge cocksmokers so that when my kids turn on the light when guests show up--they have to avert their eyes for a minute .'till they get used to 'em.And I want a string sticken' out of my ass ,that when pulled says--hey motherfucker,you got insurance--hey motherfucker,you got insurance--hey motherfucker,you got insurance.Yeah--fuck that 6 feet under.An'fuck that fire too--that shit's hot.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------scratcho-----------------

2. randy

randy Member

i dont wanna be buried

you know... a friend of mine who died, the last thing i recazll him saying to ome is that we all end up in a box

ill never forget ti

im afraid of the day i die

why ?

i have no idea why

maybe its cuz i am afraid it will not be peaceful

i dont want this occurance to happen

i just walked through a cemetary today, was using it a shortcut to walk home,

i hate seeing tomb stones and such, ive been to a few funerals, i dont like them

i do not like death,

if i find out that i am terminally ill/going to not die a peaceful death then i will kill myself in a manner that will ensure that it is peaceful

what can i do ? what should i do ?

i think about this alot

thanks

3. Butch

Butch Member

People should also give consideration to the way they die. If you have an unplanned death, that is car crash or murdered etc, you obviously have no control over the way you die. On the other hand, if you are seriously ill you can plan your death.

Rather than waiting until the end in a hospital bed why not take the unique opportunity of a near death to die in an exciting way. For example sky dive with out a parachute or go to Africa and walk up to a pride of lions.

Its your death, die how you want.

Please note that this is obviously very different from suicide, so don't go and kill yourself in a really cool way when you are still enjoying life.

4. livingwater

livingwater Member

Ohhhmman- u guys make me laugh- I love this thread!!!

No but really my dad for instance is a Christian and my parents have been to at least 250 funerals in their lives...not probably even combined but seperately. Everytime it seems someone goes and they get a phone call saying so-so died..they make time to attend the funeral...Like a 4th cousin that once was married to a woman that they attended elementary school with...(this is just an example) they'll schedule to go to her funeral...may not have seen her in 8 years...but like helll-they'll go.I think that is fucked up in a way.
    Personally, I haven't been to anything but 2 funerals since my grandma died in '99. They r depressing and unnecessary in some ways. I think they should be reserved for invitation or immediate or closest friends and fam...because if that dead person knew u were there-they kight not even want u there...
    Another thing about my dad is he wants to be put in a plain pine box when he goes.He just wants them to "nail 'em up" and throw him in the ground. I respect my father for this. My mom has a huge problem with his desire to go this way. But I think that is not repecting a dead dude's wishes and that is not cool.
    I don't see the purpose for funeral pageants...that's my name for them. But I will say what I heard one pastor say of a church b4-"a funeral is not for the dead but for the living" I guess that means it is the farewell, and idea of reflecting upon someon's life and knowing that the clock is ticking on us 2...(just playing devil's advocate here)
    But as far as my wishes- I want them to play "Light my Fire" asd they vburn up this wonton vessel and party and hang out til the dawn ...

5. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

i want to be cremated and be kept in a bong........very cool urn dont ya think?

6. nohelmetlaws

nohelmetlaws Banned

I don't care what they do with me, just make sure I have a flask of Jim Beam, a joint, and a lighter. I don't want to go to the afterlife being unprepared, I'm sure it's a party.

7. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I'm not sure if people can really get over the idea of death. 2 of my best friends are brothers that run a funeral home, and they say seeing death all the time actually makes you more paranoid, "is this the day my mom is going to die" etc. It makes them aware of how much death is around us at all times.

I, myself, would want to be cremated.....

8. Cierah

Cierah Member

I want my friends to wear orange and yellow at my funeral. I want 'Seasons in the Sun' and 'Spirit in the sky' to play.

But seriously.... there is no such thing as dark. There is only the absence of light. So there also is no such thing as death, just the absence of life.
    Right on...

9. waxlips

waxlips Member

I want to wear my Kissing Krissy Lipz mask around my neck when I get buried. Look up this mask if you want to see it. You should find it if you just type the word lipz(not lips, lipz).

10. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

A poem I wrote a while back explains:

Phoenix

When I die
    Build me a pyre
    And set my body ablaze
    For I am a child of light
    And of the merry dancing flame that is life
    A slow rot in a dark cold hole
    Too confined a fate for me

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust
    On wings of fire shall my body fly
    Borne aloft on warm and flowing winds
    To the far-off corners of the world
    Floating free in skies so pure
    And basking in the radiant Sun
    Until I fall upon the shoulders of the Earth
    Where the cycles shall start anew
    Life from death, birth from the ashes of the pyre

So when I die
    Build me a pyre
    And set my body ablaze
    So that every tree shall be my headstone
    And every sunrise be my epitaph...

Other than that, I don't really care. Funerals are for the living, not the dead. Whatever helps the people I knew get through it. I'd prefer they keep it simple and cheap, maybe just gather in someones house and have a party, remember me, and celebrate the life I lived. I'd hate to see people be miserable over me, that'd suck. Fortunately I'll be dead, but still. I'd rather people be happy.

11. Advaya

Advaya Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

A girl I went to school with was killed recently. It was one of the most tragic accidents I've ever heard of. Her and her friends (also people I went to school with) were out at 2 am and a car that had cut off several people behind them cut them off. The girl driving lost control and flipped her car. The four people in the car all survived, but as one was climbing out of the car another truck hit the car, killing her. I didn't know her. The girl I did know, Mary, was trying to get across the street to the median and the guy who was with them could only reach the other girl and pull her back to safety. He couldn't reach Mary, and a car hit her. It threw her into the north bound lanes. The car that hit her then wrecked.

I have trouble with this in a few ways. First, what it must be like to survive a wreck only to die trying to get to safety. Then the fact that the two survivers seen not only one friend killed, but two. In very gruesome ways. Then the fact that there were two drivers who just happened to drive into an accident and therefore killed two teenage girls. Mary was 18. The other girl killed was even younger at 17.

Mary's funeral was insane. Standing room only, I was at the back of the church near the steps and they had it on a television in the hallway so people who were not in the church could see it. Her mother was the main speaker, and she did so well. She was laughing, sharing memories. She is a very religious woman, and although I am not religious I do admire what it can do for people in tough situations. The only time I seen her break down was when they were carrying her daughters casket fown the church steps. Even then she didn't cry, only quivered a bit. They were very close too, so I know it must have been so hard on her. But she was so strong and I admire it.

I think about the fact that they had her buried in her prom dress with an atm card and a teddy bear, yet it was closed casket. Mary was beautiful, and there were pictures of her all around. This seems to fall into the idea of stillness I'll talk about, that she was not only very still and lifeless but also probably torn up. I have such a hard time with it because she was so alive. You know how some people are just full of life. Well, that can end so fast. In an instant. And then.. you're just still. And it's so wrong, so so wrong. I know that the body has so little to do with who you are, but I can't seem to place that in death. It seems that if you are still existing, or even if you're not.. you shouldn't be so still. I can't explain that at all.

Btw, they're still looking for the car that caused the accident in the first place.

12. sweet_child

sweet_child Member

We do not bury people because its what they went, they are dead, the ceremony is the way which the people who loved the deceased cope with their department, you may except the fact that you are going to die, but when you do. others will be upset, thats why they have a ceremony. Personally i would not like to bury/be buried. i want to be burned

13. Bloody_Kisses

Bloody_Kisses Thizzler

i dont want to be buried. i want to be burned, and then have someone mix my ashes in with paint and paint a picture with it. that would be cool. but really i want my ashes spread in the yosemite river.

14. Althea

Althea Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm claustrophobic so the thought of bein' trapped in a box freaks me out. It's gonna be cremation for me....*poof*....gone. Oh, and I've told my family I don't wanna funeral, just a celebration (we all have talked about it so there's no confusion when one of us kicks it)...BUT, they gotta play Hendrixs' "Little Wing" (not throughout the whole thing...once would be fine ;). My cremains will be buried in one of our family plots. We have a row of 'em for when we go....my grandma bought 'em...now there's a woman who thinks ahead!!

15. andyundo

andyundo Member

I wanna be cremated in a pyre and my ashes be dropped in different parts of ther world.

16. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Thanks man :)

17. Small_Brown

Small_Brown Senior Member

Those lucky, LUCKY scientists :D

Cut me up, disperse some organs to some people, then throw the rest in the ground..what do I care? I'm dead!

18. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

saw this comedian on Shorties Watchin Shorties last night... said he'd donate his body to necrophiliacs, so that they could have their fun without worrying about cops, hahahahahaha

19. Bloody_Kisses

Bloody_Kisses Thizzler

oh god, i completely know where youre coming from. when i was 13, my best friend was killed in a really horrible way, im not going to say how. her funeral was open-casket. i made the mistake of looking at her. they draped cloth over her entire body, and her head, except for her face because that was the only part of her that wasnt completely mutilated. god, it was horrible. it was so hard because i knew her SO WELL, but the person i was looking down at i didnt know at all. and i wont ever forget when the lowered her coffin in the ground.
    this is why i dont want to be buried. just cant stand the thought of it. i know how you feel, its a fucked up thing to go through.

20. The Sandreckoner

The Sandreckoner Member

I want to be mummified and buried in a small pyramid in the desert. I hope to meet Ramses and Hatshepsut and Ptolemy and Tutanhkahmun in the afterlife....