Burial

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by backtothelab, May 24, 2004.

1. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

It's so petty how, when people die, they want to go through this whole process, get embalmed and dressed up fancy and put in this nice big comfortable bed with a huge wooden top on. It's pathetic how our whole society cannot accept death. We think we can, but we are only fooling ourselves. Everytime a character dies on the television or in a video game, all it does is reinforce the concept that after death, there is something else. That when you die, things still go on. I'm going to have no ceremony. I know I'm going to die and I can accept it. Hopefully, I will die, lay and rot on the spot, just like intended. If that cannot be acomplished, buried whole, as I was the moment I died, right into the dirt, worms and all.
    How will you go?

2. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

I want to be buried knee deep in fruit snacks...

3. DharmaBum

DharmaBum Old Guard

I was Thinking about this Just this Morning as i sat out the Back ,My parents are gone to a Ceremony for someone that Died..a Friend of a friend i think ,i can imagine the Whole Affair now ,Dressed in Black ,Priest spouts out the usual Rethoric..yadda yadda..no one say a word..stick the box in the ground..Everyone Miserable..THAT is not what i want when i die ,not that i care what happen's to my Corpse since i'll be dead ,just dont want any of my friends or family going through that bullshit for me ,i'd rather they Burned me on Some Pyre ,spread my ashes in the fields and Get stoned/Drink/just have a good time on my behalf.If Not like you said backtothelab...Rot on the spot!.

4. dirtybongwater

dirtybongwater Member

When i die, just leave me where i'm at. Even if its in a public place. Just spray some febreeze on me everytime the stench of my decaying body gets to be too much.

5. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

That should be the next frebreeze commercial...

6. backtothelab

lol, well what do we do when you get all bloated and disgusting? This really does'nt apply to me, cause I hardly doubt Ill be anywhere near people, or normal people, at least

7. Indriel

Indriel Member

Yeah, I agree that society has huge problems accepting the concept of death. I wonder if it's just because we can't deal with the possibility that one day we might cease to exist on this earth, cease to have control over our lives- the idea of 'not being' is so dreaded. Accepting the idea of death is, for some, the ultimate surrendering of control & freedom, but I read a quote somewhere (can't remember who from) that stated, 'once you accept the inevitability of your own mortality, you then gain ultimate freedom..' Funeral/death rites are more for the living, to help rid them of the fear & uncertainty that confrontation with death brings them.

8. TripAmerika

TripAmerika Member

I plan to donate my body to science. And if there's nothing to be discovered then hell, let the worms make a meal of me.

9. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

I already have my plan for when I die.

I don't care what happens to most of my body, except for my skull. I want my skull to be removed from my skeleton after death, and I want it to be buried with the bones of a horse, positioned so my head appears to be the horse's head.

If there is an afterlife, I'll be pissing myself with laughing a few thousand years later when archeologists dig up the man/horse skeleton and wonder what the hell is going on.

10. NightOwl1331

NightOwl1331 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You guys do realize that there are laws about how you can be buried, right? I'm pretty sure that in the US its illegal to have someone buried without a coffin. And you can't just bury someone anywhere you want. And in most cemetaries you can't bury human and animals bones together. When my great granduncle died the family actually had the funeral home sneak the body of his beloved poodle (who'd died right after he did) into the coffin with him so they could be buried together. People are so freakin' weird.

11. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i think cemeteries are a waste of space. i might donate my body to science as well. if not, a party in my behalf would be fitting.

12. backtothelab

Nightowl-I don't care:)
    Trip and pork- It's very common that when you lying on the floor covulsing, vomiting and about to kick it, many doctors will actually leave you for dead, once finding out that your body is to be "donated to science". Apearantly, the hospital gets extra funding that way, or something of that nature. Please take this into consideration.

13. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Member

I'd much rather be cremated than buried. Fire is so much cleaner and more purefying than laying underground, getting coated with blackish-green mould, getting bloated, slimy, dessicated, having bugs crawling through your empty eyesockets and laying eggs in the jelly that used to be your brain.

14. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

but you are returning to the earth and giving her back nutrients and such

15. TelimTor

TelimTor Member

16. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

haha these posts are so funny. good answers.

i want pretty much the same as everyone else, a big fucking party where everyone gets hammered and tells funny stories about how cool i was. no being sad or whatever, be happy for me that i got to live this life. Then i want to be cremated but without the coffin, just my body. my dead naked body. whoever wants some can have it, put the rest in the ocean or something.

17. shelly-welly

shelly-welly Member

i think the main reason people wanna get buried is because theyre relatives want a proper goodbye-or its just because they want to show they had money in life-but for me personally, i really dont care what happens to my body after i die-as long as my spirit lives on-peace ;)

18. /|\

/|\ Member

i wanna be frozen in a cryogenic chamber and brought back 2000 yrs from now!

19. HippieDude1967

HippieDude1967 Member

I want my head shot into space.

20. stress

stress Member

personally, when I die just means I start a new life.