BUMP if you are Baking Thread

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by ~Zen~, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

I will make that this week.

~Zen~ likes this.
  2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

That looks great!

I add oatmeal sometimes, walnuts and pecans (ground up a bit) also!

I love the bread we would get from the bakeries in Holland and Germany. Stout healthy bread like yours etherea!

etherea likes this.
  3. ~Zen~

It's super easy...my Mom would make it with mashed potatoes, but I prefer this recipe with the bechamel sauce. Instead of ground lamb, I use organic ground chicken breast. With portobello mushrooms chopped up in there also :)

4. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

I made dough for bread to be baked tomorrow for Saturday's dinner. Grilled Mac n' cheese smothered in garlic butter. All made in house. I forgot to put the dough in the fridge lastnight before going to bed. I was falling asleep. Woke up this morning and saw the container still on the counter. Checked on it. Punched it and placed it in the fridge to be baked tomorrow. I like to let it ferment a couple of days for flavor. Can't be fresh yeast. So much better.

~Zen~ likes this.
  5. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Messed up on my cookie dough to make my peanut butter pie. Didn't want to waste it. So I made peanut butter brownies instead. Layered the bottom with cookie dough. Poured freshly made peanut butter on it. Then stirred in the rest of the dough. Came surprisingly good!
    Screenshot_20220627-222055_Gallery.jpg

6. Regular white bread today IMG_20220629_170105_334.jpg

7. Also made sun dried tomato, mushroom and sheep's cheese quiche but we ate it before I remembered to photograph it......duh

8. Meant to say Yoda that the brownies look good. I'm also up for experimentation in the kitchen rather than throw anything out.

Totally Yoda likes this.
  9. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Thank you! They were very good! It was gone within a week. Only time I ever had to throw something out is when my pasta dough got contaminated with broken glass which happened once. Experimenting in the kitchen is fun.

10. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Baked suger free and no salt brownies with peanut butter in the middle. Normally I just pour peanut butter when I go to sandwich 2 baked goods together to make one. Since these are staying at room temp. I added suger free confections to it to hold it all together. But once it was baked. It came out so good! Screenshot_20220705-120118_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220705-120127_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220705-120136_Gallery.jpg

Candy Gal and etherea like this.
  11. Candy Gal

12. Candy Gal

13. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Homemade garganelli doused in homemade pink sauce with chicken thighs topped with fresh mozzarella and baked. Definitely amazing.
    Screenshot_20220717-210908_Gallery.jpg

Candy Gal likes this.
  14. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Oops I cant reply,Im not baking!!

Carry on dues.......

15. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Pizza night tomorrow. 65% hydration, 1% sea salt, 1 gram of active dry yeast, and 250 grams of 00 flour. Total weight. 420 grams :D 2 hour room temp raise follow by 48 hour cold temp raise. Made yesterday.
    Screenshot_20220811-211416_Gallery.jpg

~Zen~ likes this.
  16. ~Zen~

Well here it is November, cooler temps allow me to consider running the monstrous beastly kitchen oven...

Yesterday a wonderful quiche did fall out of the oven, just in time for dinner.

1667923529985.jpg

1667923529844.jpg

1667923529838.jpg

Candy Gal likes this.
  17. ~Zen~

Whole wheat crust with basil goat cheese, mozzarella, spinach and mushrooms. It's delightful if I do say so myself.

Candy Gal likes this.
  18. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Have completed my shopping list, man from Sainsburys is bringing my shopping to me on Thursday - one of the items on my list is a jar of (sweet) mince meat. Providing 'powers that be' don't knock the jar off my list, sometime early next week I'll be baking a mince meat fruit loaf !!!

Something like this, but a little darker (I use dark Muscavado sugar) and also add a small tot ;) of Brandy !!!

~Zen~ likes this.
  19. ~Zen~

That looks great Vlad!

I woud pour more than a 'tot' on that beauty. More like a cup or so :)

Then you could light it on fire!

20. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter