bullying

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by alex714, May 14, 2004.

1. alex714

alex714 To the Left

my 11 year old sister came home today and when i was asking her how her day went she said she had something to tell me. this girl, whos caused problems in the past but not this severe, started picking on her again, calling her a slut, whore, trash and some other rude words. not just that, she put gum in her hair and her teacher had to cut it out. it really REALLY bothers me that someone is doing this to her. i was picked on, as most kids are, and i remeber how damaging it was to my self confidence. my sister is such a beauitful girl, inside and out, so unique and talented and she is so down and i dont really know what to say to her. i wrote a letter to principale and i hope that little brat gets suspended!!

2. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

My heart goes out to your sister. I know what its like. I was treated bad until I was about 13 and started to thrash out. It really sucks. You should set up a parent confrence about it and emphisize to her parents how much its hurting your sister. Most parents of bullies see it as "Typical Child Behavior"

3. HoneySuckleBlue

HoneySuckleBlue Cosmic Artist

I never got picked on, but my brother and some of my more passive friends were targeted by bullies. I was never afraid to get my ass kicked (which never happened anyway) and for some weird reason that impressed people.

Is there any one that could be persuaded to look after her?

Man, I hate bullies. They feed on fear though.

I hope the little brat gets suspended too! You're such a good big sis!

4. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Go to your little sisters school and kick some early-teen ass!

5. alex714

alex714 To the Left

well i told my dad about what happened and in the letter i gave to the principal i said to call my dad to set up a meeting. should i call the girls parents or just let my dad talk to the principal??? last time this happened they didnt really deal with it right, acted like it wasnt a big deal...

and ya arjan i wanna kick this girls ass, who does she think she is treating people like this!!

6. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i was usually the one doing the bullying :eek:

i hope your sister cheers up!

7. Jesus~

Jesus~ Member

I've always been picked on . Take it up with the teachers, ey? They usually do help out a lot.

8. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Shoot the bullying bitch!!!

9. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

I was downtown a cpl weeks ago and I saw a car load of frat boys hasseling a mentally ill homeless guy who I'd seen around. They pulled up to him in their car and started throwing change at his feet and yelling "DANCE!! DANCE FOR CHANGE BITCH!!"

The poor homeless guy did and they started laughing their asses off and beaping their horn at him. Made me sick. This poor guy doesn't even have it together enough to utilize some of the public programs available so he walks around in the same clothes everyday, eating out of dumpsters and sleeping wherever he can.

And heres these comparitably rich assholes with the world by the ass taking away what little self respect this homeless guy might still have just for their own entertainment.

Funny thing is when they drove by me and I stared at them like they were shit, the guy in the passenger seat got this embarresed little smirk on his face and it occurred to me these assholes don't have any self respect either, thats why they had to reach into the gutter to find someone they could look down on.

10. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

Yeah, I was (and still am) bullied a bit. Doesn't really bother me though, it's not that extreme.
    My girlfriend was bullied at all her old schools (I have no idea why), and that's why she is at the private school we're in now.
    I really feel bad for anyone who is bullied, it really can hurt.
    And I've seen assholes pushing homeless people around. Once I saw some kids (late teens) pushing around some old dude on the street. After they left I bought the old guy a warm samich and some spare change.

11. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

Bullies suck the big ol nasty infested dick!

IF a bully feeds off fear, the thing to do is to have your sister maybe stand up for herself, and get right back in this bitches face, not show the fear the little bully is feeding on.

of course ya never know what might happen, your sister could end up getting her ass kicked, or she might just surprise the little whore by finally standing up and not putting up with the little bitches shit.

12. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Yes! There is a good chance her parents will say "Dont worry about it"

13. Althea

Althea Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I can't stand bullies. When I was young, I never got bullied 'cause I was 5'10" by the time I was 12, was already a brown belt in karate by then and although I was always a peaceful, kind kid I looked like I knew how to take care of myself (which I did). Even though I was never bullied, I could never shut my mouth when I saw some asshole bullying one of my friends or anyone else for that matter. If I was around when it was goin' down I would give the bully one warning; knock it off or yer goin' down. Most of the time they would back off, but there were a few times I had to fight, and I never lost. Same went for my little brother (he's 15 months younger than me). NO ONE touched my little bro without goin' through me. That included my father. He of course would kick my ass, but at least he was too tired out by the time he got done with me to hurt my bro.

Anyway, I don't condone violence; but I can't just sit around and watch someone get bullied. As far as what to do about your sister, Alex, your dad should call the school and set up a meeting with the principal AND the teacher. When he goes to the meeting (with you I assume?) he should let them know this has to stop. Let them know that he's concerned that this girl will hurt his daughter and that he would hate to have to get the police involved (this always scares 'em). He should also ask them what steps they plan to take to stop this from happening.

As far as contacting the girl's parents, I don't recommend it. If I got a phone call from a parent/family member of a child that was being bullied by one of my sons (which hasn't happened 'cause my boys aren't bullies, but I have gotton a few phone calls about broken windows from baseballs etc. *lol*) I would apologize profusely and let them know it would NEVER happen again. Thing is most parents (especially parents of bullies 'cause a lot of the time the kid learned the behavior from the parent) will try to deny the problem etc. You would most likely end up more pissed off than you were in the first place.

Good luck with it and keep us posted on how things are going!

14. alex714

alex714 To the Left

naykid- thats really upsetting to hear, i cant beleive people can actually do that...would make me sick too

and shellie she kinda stands up for herself, shes got a good head on her shoulders, knows that she shouldnt stoop down to a bullies level but speaks up for her friends and herself.

althea- i plan on going in with my dad to talk this out and i know shes not gonna take me that seriously bc im just 19, but im gonna make it clear that i want this to be dealt with very seriously! they arent gonna fucking brush this off, no way.

15. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

i was picked on my whole life and it sucks...bullys make me so angry...cuz they dont know the hurt they cause...but i am very passive and it never really bothered me untill now when i think back about it

16. MrDefiant

MrDefiant Member

I was picked on in grade school but after about 7th grade it all came to a sudden stop because a few people started talking to me then a few years later they all thought I was just fucking nuts and they either didnt talk to me at all or they were always nice to me

I like being me now

17. Indriel

Indriel Member

Hi,
    I hate to see people being bullied, it's such a cruel, pointless thing to do & they don't realise how much damage they actually do. But good on you for sticking up for her &, yeah, take it to principal & keep taking it to the principal until something gets done about it. Also, your sister sounds like a beautiful kid so perhaps help her see how much she has going for her, it might help her withstand the emotional trauma if she can realise that none of it is her fault & the problem lies with those doing the bullying - bullies are usually incredibly unhappy, insecure, jealous.
    I hope it works out...

18. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

awww that poor baby... *mommy heart strings are tugged*

Why are kids so freakin' cruel??? If that girl is only 11 and saying things like that her parents are probably really screwed up. Maybe shes so spiteful because they beat her or call her slut. Kids that young that do things like this usually have a chip on their shoulder for some reason... got to learn it from somewhere. I hope that kid gets help and I hope your little sister never loses her confidence. Its so sad that one nasty little brat who is jealous could ruin a beautiful girls life like that with one nasty comment. Good Luck!

19. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

I'm not gonna post too much abotu this cause no one cares, i know.

But something supposively happened with me and my best friend and living in the small town i live in ....

for FOUR years,... um i was called mean names, had certain candy wrappers left on my desk (butterfingers), was once beat up by 10 girls, had a brick thrown at my head, name calling in the wallway.

they kept doing it cause i didnt know how to fight back, i didnt know how to act like i didnt care.

and they feed on that.

i cried myself to sleep every night, never told my mom because she was alreayd so broken.

tried to kill myself once.

man, those times sucked.

20. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

I'm so sorry interval *hugs* Why do you think no one cares? I care!(yea I know, I'm someone u don't know so I prob seem psycho)
    At least now you have the last laugh because here you are today... alive well and doin fine (I'm guessing...you seem to be)
    I can't stand that people are so mean, it is so sad.