Buid up? (and more)

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by KnottyAdam, May 25, 2007.

1. KnottyAdam

KnottyAdam Member

lately ive noticed a change in how everything feels up there. when i go to scratch my scalp, it feels kinda waxy, and my momma said that i have a lot of breakage and along with that, all of my dreads look loose im more than 8 months in, i havent used wax since the first month they were in. the only thing i can think of is that i havent washed it in a little less than a month and i have been swimming in a YMCA pool, dont know if either of these things have anything to do with it or if its just a thing that happens, but anyway final thing, does washing prevent breakage?

2. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

it probably does when done enough. but if you wash too much, say, more than twice a week, they wont tighten as much. i wash once a week and my dreads are doing so good. and i'm not even in a month. so try washing once a week with residue free shampoo.

3. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

washing more frequently might help.and especially if you are exposing your dreads to chlorine, you should at least rinse them after words.

4. sped

sped Member

As for the build up, Id suggest using that magic concoction which is floating around somewhere on this forum. Its amzing! But It can clog up your sprayer thingy.