Buddhism vs Christianity

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Mindy, Jul 9, 2004.

1. srgreene

srgreene Members

Not sure what you mean by "how judgmental it was". Certainly there is a need to judge. Christianity teaches to detest the sin, not the sinner.

I believe Buddhism is a belief system, but not a religion.

2. IAmMaxieHearMeRoar

IAmMaxieHearMeRoar Maxie Lee Courtland-Colton

Well, they certainly don't practice that. Most of the Christians I met were downright hateful. Also, I'm a lesbian, so yeah, I was treated like shit by them for a long time. As long as you aren't hurting anyone else, there's no need to be judgmental of anyone. I'm a "live and let live" girl. Also, "belief system" or not, it's way better than Christianity and much less judgmental.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  3. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

It's been my experience that devoid of the external trappings, people who are truly practicing not just the letter, but the spirit of Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Baháʼí, or Buddhism are completely indistinguishable from one another. Of those, I'm deeply grateful to have met each one of them.
    I'm perfectly willing to extrapolate and say that the same is quite probably true of First Nations, Shinto, and Hindus as well, I just haven't had the privilege of their acquaintance yet. Undoubtedly my loss.

There are many paths up the mountain, but at the top, we all gaze at the same bright moon.
    Ikkyu

MeAgain likes this.