Brownies

Discussion in 'Food Allergies' started by sea of grass, Mar 24, 2007.

1. sea of grass

sea of grass Member

-2 cups raw, rolled oats
    -1/2 cup molasses or brown rice syrup (I prefer molasses as it really complements the cocoa and makes it seem more chocolatey)
    -1/3 cup maple syrup
    -1/4 cup agave nectar syrup
    -1/4 cup unsweetened, pure cocoa powder
    -1/4 cup rice milk
    -1/2 cup flour of choice (if you are gluten-free, select rice flour with a little bit of xanthan gum).
    -4 tbsp. flax seed or hemp seed oil

Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl until well-mixed. Take a little bit of oil and grease a small, shallow baking dish with it. Pour batter into dish and spread it out flat. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Pull out and let cool. Slice into pieces with a wet knife and store at room temperature in a tupperware type of container. These are healthier than traditional brownies and are still very moist and chewy and chocolatey. They'll keep for a few days in a tupper thang.

2. homeschoolmama

homeschoolmama Senior Member

Hey sea of grass - have you tried this with any oat substitutes? My son is VERY sensitive to all glutens, (including oats) and I've had pretty poor luck reinventing our favorite brownie recipe.
    love,
    mom

3. sea of grass

sea of grass Member

Hmmmmm, maybe some toasted quinoa or millet might do the trick...

4. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

Ingredients: 1 c chocolate chips, 2 Tbsp(or a few more drops if needed) rice milk,1/2 c powdered sugar, 2tsp vanilla extract. Melt chips in milk on double boiler on medium heat (water not boiling). Stir. Add vanilla. Stir. Add powdered sugar. Stir well. If too thick, add a teaspoon or two more rice milk. When fully blended, allow to cool almost to room temperature. Spread on brownies.