Brown patches on lowest leaf

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by seasoned, Dec 16, 2010.

1. seasoned

seasoned Guest

Hi guys, any help would be appreciated! Plants are only a few weeks old. The lowest leaf on both of my plants have brown splotches. There may even be a small amount of white fuzz on the stem below.

There is some yellowing on the edges.

Also, the leaves seem a little twisted all over both plants, and the one looks pretty droopy. The leaves kind of curl down. It also has been pretty slow growth for the last week. I've tested and adjusted my water/nutrients for a ph around 6. It seems a couple of the poitns on teh bottom leaf are now curling up

I tried flushing them incase there was too much nutrients, then days later I added more nutrients.

Temp is around 22-24C, humidity around 40-50. Nutrient solution 450ppm.

Grown in rockwool placed in 1 part vermiculite, to 3 parts perlite.

They were originally in soil, I washed the root ball, split the rockwool and gently placed them in the rockwool about a week and half ago.

I'm thinking maybe fungas? How could I be sure? How would I treat it?

Like I said, it's ONLY on the very lowest leaf on both plants.

Thanks!

1st plant
    another of the 1st
    2nd plant

As you can see in the third picture, the tops aren't yellowing, but they do seem to be twisting a bit. It is now on the second lowest leaf on each plant too

2. acid_tripz222

acid_tripz222 Member

either a bit burnt or rotten :p try keeping closer attention to em. There is hope!

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

... They look like they are drowning.. WET Feet..
    this would be ok if they were clones cause they tend to look like this when coming back- due to the water they are sucking up and lack of roots..

In your case . you have roots, the plants seem to be drowning..
    Id drain it and allow it to use what water is retained in the PERlite.. see they should bounce back then..

wait for other opinions.

4. seasoned

seasoned Guest

They've only been watered once with about 30% strength neuts, and flushed twice, with days inbetween them.

So watered about 3 times in almost 2 weeks. It is a hempy bucket setup, with a drain hole, so I would be surprised if it was from over watering. Others have suggested burn, so I flushed them again today with PH adjusted water.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

flushing them with water is just reinforcing the fact they are drowning..
    Im not a hydro farmer but I do know this much .. They dont sit in pools of water they sit above pools and the pad is slightly moistened, allowing draining to reservoirs ..
    perlite holds 4 times its weight in water. Them things are soaked imo..

6. seasoned

seasoned Guest

hmm, well the rockwool was only placed in the perlite about 3-4 days ago, and the roots hadn't broken free from the rockwool yet, so most of the water it has been getting is held int he rockwool right now. I'll try and let it dry out before trying anything else.

How will I know when the plants NEED nutrients and more water? more severe drooping?
    Thanks for the replies

7. PB_Smith

PB_Smith Huh? What? Who, me?

Could it be from the trauma you subjected them to by doing the above?
    That would be my guess. Any trauma like that and the plant will sacrifice the lower leaves to conserve moisture and try to survive, so losing the lower leaves should be expected after what you put them through.
    I guarantee you damaged the microscopically fine roots when you washed the soil off.

8. seasoned

seasoned Guest

That was my #1 guess. Some sort of shock from moving them to rockwool.

I cut the rockwool in a cross, and then opened it and placed the roots in.

If it is from that, should I cut the leaves off? Will it recover? Growth has been VERY slow since

9. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

as i said 'wet feet' in my head i read it in this post....you need some soil in there bro...thats just me..i never get good results without a mostly soil mixture...and thirsty is always better than drowning....

10. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

potty training takes time, be patient with your little blessings.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

you should not cut off the leafs, unless rot begins to settle to the stem, by this time It should fall off itself... This like and electrical circuit with a load on it. These leafs acting like fuses., you pull the fuse its going to over load elsewhere. Kill the whole plants...

patients what IB said..

12. seasoned

seasoned Guest

alright thanks, I'll try and let it dry out.

13. seasoned

seasoned Guest

The leaves now have completely dried and curled up. They are about to fall off

14. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

Damping off from over watering and high humidity or lack air flow. If so ya wont cure it.
    Agree with posters they look damp and stressed. But them brown leafs reminds me of no air flow.

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

I used to see this kind of damage in my one room that has no air( humidity and heat build up) I no longer use this room for anything, but it just needs some air flow- maybe one these days I fix that.

16. chrizt1an

chrizt1an Member

How close to the light, and what kind is it?