Brokeback Mountain Merged

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by txbarefooter, Dec 13, 2005.

1. happyonehit420

happyonehit420 Member

Ok, so who else cried at that movie? I did....it was so sad! but awesome at the same time....

2. braindead_babe

braindead_babe Member

oh i LOVE that movie. I was sad i almost cried.

3. SageDreamer

SageDreamer Senior Member

I did cry. And that doesn't happen too often at movies. Take that from someone who sees about 200 movies a year.

4. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

I cried a little:&

5. Closet Kid

Closet Kid Member

I laughed when Jake Gyllenhaal got fag dragged

6. masked toker

masked toker Member

i didnt think it was that great of a movie.

7. okay

okay Member

I finally saw it a few days ago. Wow. i've always liked jake gylenhal but Heath Ledger was amazing. Outside of the cowboy aspect, I could relate, so much, to the situation and the characters that it actually hurt to watch.

I imagine this has been discussed to death and I'm prolly the last one to see it, but I was truly impressed by this film and that doesn't happen often for me.

There are not that many impressive films anymore.

Larry McMurtry deserved the oscar for the screenplay.

8. TheRealPamela

TheRealPamela Member

Not being picky but it is "Brokeback Mountain". I just recently saw it too. When it was out in theatres, these crazy church nuts (not regular church people, these people wore military style outfits, didn't cut their hair, had home-made dresses and megaphones ans screamed at people in their cars...) standing outside the theatres with big signs talking about God's wrath and whatnot.

It was a beautiful sad love story and everyone got all pissy about it.
    I liked it a lot. Ang Lee also did The Ice Storm which I thought was good. He has these stories about American sub-cultures that seem very realistic and I like his movies (except Hulk)

9. trippedelia

trippedelia wow

church people really did that?
    what fucking idiots.
    ive heard so many brokeback mountain jokes lately, i mean its not like they're funny or anything, all these people that havent even seen the movie making jokes about it.

10. SageDreamer

SageDreamer Senior Member

If people are using megaphones to scream at people in cars, there's a good chance that you can call the cops about people disturbing the peace.

11. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

I liked it a lot...enough to see it twice.

However, I think it's kind of over rated.

12. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

I saw it the other night...I thought that it was pretty good, but I think that it would have been better if the love story would have been a little more heart-felt in the beginning. I dunno...it seemed like, "ok, these guys screw then they can't be together." they didn't do a good enough job protraying the actual love part in my opinion.

13. okay

okay Member

omg I'm a moron. Bareback Mountain...hahaha. I guess everyone knows I meant Brokeback Mountain

14. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

Just like in real life.

15. Otterface

Otterface Member

Yeah, I have to agree with SelfControl.

It was a good movie nonetheless.

16. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

I didn't really like it. It's definitely given too much credit.

17. okay

okay Member

I'm surprised by the largely negative response. Believe me, the sudden, drunken fucking happens. it's happened to me. Brokeback Mountain is a character study of two men. One who could not come to terms with his sexuality. The other who could not bare the pain of being without his life-long love. The real emotional impact came for me when the Heath Ledger character found his shirt that his friend had carefully saved in his parents closet. Awesome movie.

18. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

I still haven't seen it, but I'm still not a romance movie fan, so I don't see much point really. Neither of the guys in it really "do it" for me either.

19. CrazybutLazy

CrazybutLazy Banned

I just watched Brokeback Mountain for the first time. It's the first love story I've ever seen, and it was really great. Towards the end I bawled for about 10 minutes. And that's really saying something. I didn't cry when Bambi's mother was shot, when Old Yeller died, or when the two dogs in Where The Red Fern Grows died. But I cried like I just stabbed myself watching this. I don't know if I'm too sensitive or something, but I really enjoyed the movie. What were your thoughts on it?

20. Hip-Hoplover1

Hip-Hoplover1 Member