British traditions.

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by J0hn, May 18, 2007.

1. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

My view on Brit traditions is roasting on an open fire and watching the Queen's speech. my view is not so much Britain is a tea loving nation. It is more the case that we shoplifted china of its tea leaves.

What British traditions do you follow?

2. westham

westham Member

every sunday, a roast dinner.

3. Roffa

Roffa Senior Member

doing the crossword

4. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

getting completely ratarsed ...............:cheers:

5. lithium

lithium frogboy

I subjugate foreigners:D

6. feral

feral Member

I have plans to build my own empire, and possibly eat the meek (although I'm prepared to accept that that's not necessarily a solely British trait).

I also covet my neighbour's ass, but that's irrelevant...

7. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

According to some Americans, I would be at home drinking a cup of tea and would have a butler called Alfred. What my brit tradition i keep, is having a roast dinner with a bottle of Newcastle brown ale. Nothing quite like roast chicken with Bisto gravy drowning the potatoes and the brussel sprouts floating in the gravy like icebergs. But afterward, nothing like having some soft white crumble cheese like wensley or other white crumbly cheese on rich tea biscuits.

8. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

I drink a lot of tea. I happen to believe that people with regional accents are peasants (J/K) and that RP is the way to be. I like chicken tikka massala and kebabs and pints of lager. I also like attending formal hall and wearing black tie. There you have it, a true cross-section of the British class system all in one person who's only half English anyway....

9. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

when my grandma sylvia moved to the wilds of rural illinois from "somewhere near london," the only habit she maintained was tea time every day and a snarky sense of humor.

10. Roffa

Roffa Senior Member

I make dry, cryptic jokes that no foreigners understand and not many Brits.

11. Quoth the Raven

Quoth the Raven RaveIan

Seconded. A lot of people go "what? You were joking?"
    I also dance around a maypole stark bollock naked.

12. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i hate to tell you this, and burst your brit bubble. but i make dry, cryptic jokes that no one gets, too. it's not british, it's just not funny.

13. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

fish chips and mushy peas :) ............love that picture kc

14. xZx

xZx Member

I drink lots of tea, and I speak with a regional accent, at least when I'm around my family anyway. I tend to lose the accent when I hang around with dirty southerners, I mean nice southern folk. :p

15. Peace-Phoenix

Peasant :tongue:

16. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

we follow many british traditions in our house, one is to wait while the queen is making her speech at christmas and then when the right moment comes someone will fart real loud just as she pauses between sentences. We dont really go in for all that german and american shit in our house. We stick to good old british traditions of christmas that date back to the anglo saxons We tend to sacrifice live chickens on the alter of our local church and we always have a laugh and tip vodka into the vicars peach punch. hahaha then at midnight we all go up to the heath and dance naked whilst evoking the god pan to come and we have debauched orgies involving upwards of 100 people. Its fantastic really

Often we follow the british tradition of queing at bustops but nobody else does so we have adopted a new tradition, punching and elbowing ouyr way to the front of a queue of ignoramouses that are too fuckin pig ignorant to care how long some old lady has waited to get on the bus

There are more but i am following the tradition of asking do I give a toss whether you know what i do or not?

17. xZx

xZx Member

Wait till sea levels rise a bit more, you'll be wishing you lived on a big hill in the middle of the country with us peasants then. You'd 'ave t' learn t' toke rait tho duck. :tongue:

18. farabovetheclouds

farabovetheclouds Member

I have 2-3 cups of tea each day, which is very bad and i've tried cutting down many times before... unsucessfully, I also have the traditional yellow teeth from discolouration.

I have a "standard" English accent, My Journalism Teacher once said that my voice was ideal for the BBC newsroom (is that good or bad?) I'm well spoken most of the time. Although when i'm angry i adopt the "angry croydon chav" accent and swear in every sentance (apologies to any hip members in Croydon[​IMG])

Traditional Sunday roasts are a must, Sundays wouldn't be the same without 'em :D I'm also partial to going down the local with the boys and watching the world cup when England are playing.

19. Peace-Phoenix

Actually I do live in the country :tongue: Alas it's East Anglia and we'll be the first to go :nopity:

20. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

I drink to much tea, drink to much booze, i love having a pint and a fag in the pub (now thats british) We have a 'sunday' dinner every Sunday