British girl in TN

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by TipsyGypsy, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

OK...I'll downgrade to an interior cabin and bring my own bottle of booze. I promise! :tongueclosed:

2. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Hey good to see you back ! How have you Been ?

TipsyGypsy likes this.
  3. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

I'll guess that'll have to do :smirk:

tumbling.dice likes this.
  4. TipsyGypsy

I've been ok. How's you?

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

well, it's nice to see you around. I'm glad you came to say hello. :)

6. Varmint

Varmint Member

Don't feel too badly about that. I don't know you, either. Come to think of it, I've never known ANYBODY I've never met. So....we'll only be strangers once. After that, I just git stranger and stranger.

7. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

All the better knowing your OK ! too many good people have gone awol from here lately !

8. TipsyGypsy

It's difficult to get rid of me for good.

You seem strange.

I'm planning to stay around.

soulcompromise likes this.
  9. Varmint

Varmint Member

I understand that strange is not for everyone, but sometimes you just gotta' let the badger out. I may be a bit weird or strange, but I'm usually not boring. Alas, most of my most entertaining friends and coworkers are gone these days, so I'm always on the lookout for others like-minded or tolerant. And so here we are on these forums....

Asmodean likes this.
  10. TipsyGypsy

Strange is great. I'm very odd myself.

11. Varmint

Varmint Member

I feel your displeasure. I also have three. The last one, oddly enough, is the last person my brother recruited out of Chattanooga when he was stationed there, and when she later heard of his divorce, they went for it. You'd think two marines could get along, but such was not to be the case. She's finding out that her twisted upbringing is ruining every relationship she tries. Nobody in her family can get along for more than 5 minutes, it seems. She was, however, the best of his previous wives. He's on number 4 and I stopped at 2. Some things are just not worth the effort.

12. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

My father in law was a Korea and WWII Marine. I got along with him real well. I had a couple of co-drivers when I was trucking in the 1970s who were Viet Nam Marines. The rest of the I think are half nuts or totally nuts. The ones who served in Iraq seem to be more racist toward Muslims.

13. Varmint

Varmint Member

War does strange and terrible things to those who go through it. Dad lied about his age and joined the army when he was 14. Oddly enough, even though he was in germany through the time of the nuremburgh trials he doesn't seem to have ill feelings towards them. Not so with the Japanese, and he never talks about what he saw in the far east while there. My brother the marine was in desert storm with saddam hussein's boys. His third wife was the daughter of muslim immigrants. I think most folks who went to war came back about half a bubble off on a torpedo level. I stayed out of the service, as I couldn't get in both times I tried. I doubt that I've missed much, having seen how it affected others, most of whom are now gone.

14. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

One of my codrivers during the mid-1970s who had just got out of Vietnam tours used to freak out when we drove through Pacheco Pass in California because it reminded him of some ambush. The other one with the same company went and killed himself a few years after Vietnam.

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Still, got to pay a little attention when doing that 'in real life'. It can get you arrested! :( ;)

16. Varmint

Varmint Member

And THAT is probably the saddest development of all in modern society. Except in SoCal, where the weirder you are, the more normal you seem. At least from my midwest perspective.

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I ment 'letting the badger out' but may have read a too specific meaning into it ;) :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.