British girl in TN

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by TipsyGypsy, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevinicity

kevinicity Guest

I am from the tri-cities area, and I can say we would lurve an UK princess here. Lemme know what you decide. When you come over I will give you my telephone and I can show you around.

2. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

i was not told of this. oh tipsy you disappoint me... :(

3. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

A year and a half ago...!!

I have now realised that I am way too British to leave this place. Nothing could make me move to America.

4. ibanezroxor

ibanezroxor Guest

don't move to west tn, it's floating on the new madrid fault line,well, no, it's under sea level, but not underwater yet

5. Freak4u

Freak4u Members

Fuck Sewanee no one wants to live there.

6. Freak4u

Freak4u Members

I have lived in TN my entire life. It depends on
    Your age, and your interest really.

7. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

I just got back from Nashville. As embarrassing as it sounds, my first time traveling domestically out of state. Been over seas and to other places in my home state but had never been to another US state. Anywayz I dug Nashville. I'm looking for a place to relocate and now Nashville is on my list. The food scene is good but I can contribute to making it better. People are super nice. And who knew I liked bourbon?

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

You would find the same difference in the UK, if you moved from London to a rural area. Particularly if you moved to a sheep farming area in Wales.
    Up at sunrise and bed at dusk. :yum::yum::yum:

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

nashville is one of the cooler cities i've been to. but you should probably try some more places out before committing to a move.

why relocate? just because it's so expensive where you are? seems like a pretty good area other than that.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  10. Kirstie

Kirstie Members

As a patriot / working class Brit, I think you Yanks are the bollocks.
    Absolutely and utterly respect you way of of life, from one empire to the next - best bro's ever, real person to to the next, not some posh or rich twat.
    Love ya lads, n lasses. Proper respec.

Guy Stroking and scratcho like this.
  11. Varmint

Varmint Member

I find this hilarious. Chattanooga was infested with 7th Dad Adventists who wouldn't talk to my Marine Corps brother, Knoxville was infested with muslims and various redneck hicks, and I don't remember the others. Religion motivates a whole lot of people down there the way a football game motivates a lot of folks up here. I'll leave it to others to decide whether one or the other is good or evil.

Personally, I'd stay away from big cities no matter where you go. They're cesspools. Towns with less than 100,000 residents are where the fun is at. The big cities are ok to visit, but that's all.

12. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If "what church do you belong to"? works in Tennesee, --"Gitcher deer?,"works in Oregon.

Varmint likes this.
  13. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I wish Tipsy had moved to Tennessee...she'd be close enough for me to visit.

Spectacles, Varmint and Tyrsonswood like this.
  14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

what fun? going to the legion every afternoon to get drunk and talk to the same 12 old farts about how the democrats are ruining america?

Tyrsonswood and stormountainman like this.
  15. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Infested with Muslims? Now that sounds racist and very Banal, don't ya think?

16. Varmint

Varmint Member

No more than any other comments I've seen here. Every city is infested with someone from somewhere of some ethnic or religious heritage or origin. I tend to get along just fine with all of them as long as they're not trying to abuse me or my loved ones.

Also, Chattanooga was more infested with 7th Day Adventists than Knoxville was with muslims, and a dang sight less friendly, too. Jerks would ignore you while talking to your friend standing right next to you, and even interrupt and butt in to do so. I guess they never read the words of the apostle Paul in their own bible.

But yeah, I can see where you might think me racist and banal for saying that, even if I only said it abokut one group. Fact is, I felt that way about all of them; not just the muslims. I haven't had trouble getting along with or enjoying their company yet. I am painfully aware of their religious obligation to lie and pretend to be friends until they can prevail however, as spelled out in their own "holy books", so I remain cautious regardless of what anyone else has to say of it.

Labeling me as racist for being aware of and acknowledging what their own books command them to do is rather stupid and ignorant, at best, in my opinion.

17. Varmint

Varmint Member

Come to think of it, Storm, the fact that YOU singled out muslims in my post kinda' puts YOU in the racist and banal seat rather than me.

18. Varmint

Varmint Member

Heck yeah....at 400 miles she'd be worth the drive just to welcome her to the USA, even if it was just a two-day round trip.

19. Varmint

Varmint Member

You must live in a deprived area.

20. SpaceSissy

SpaceSissy Expert Knob Polisher

Where are you at? In 1978? You ain't gonna get a motel room for 40 dollars in Chattanooga!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.