British Banter

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by WOLF ANGEL, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

2. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The scumbag 'nasty sleaze party' are being 'whipped' to support bastard Boris !!!

Tories urged to back investigation into Johnson’s partygate ‘lies’

David Hughes and Gavin Cordon, PA
    20 April 2022, 1:53 pm

Conservative MPs have been urged to back a parliamentary investigation into whether Boris Johnson misled the House of Commons on at least four occasions over the partygate row.

The Commons will decide on Thursday whether to ask the Privileges Committee to consider whether the Prime Minister’s conduct amounts to contempt of Parliament.

The motion, tabled by leading figures from seven opposition parties, says that the committee’s inquiry should not begin in earnest until the Metropolitan Police have concluded their own investigation into lockdown-busting parties in Downing Street and Whitehall.

Mr Johnson has already received one fixed-penalty notice for attending his birthday party in the Cabinet Room in June 2020 but is thought to have been at half of the 12 gatherings under investigation by Scotland Yard.

Tory MPs are expected to be ordered to oppose the Labour-led cross-party motion on Thursday, although the Prime Minister will not vote on it as he will be on an official visit to India.

Opposition leaders urged Conservatives not to block the investigation into Mr Johnson’s actions.

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer said: “We are urging Conservative MPs to do the right thing: To respect the sacrifice that their constituents made during the pandemic, to say that the public were right to follow the rules, and to vote in the national interest, not under pressure from the party whips.”

Tomorrow is an important step towards restoring honesty and integrity into our politics.

I am urging all Conservative MPs to do the right thing – to respect the sacrifices their constituents made, and to vote in the national interest.

Britain deserves better.

— Keir Starmer (@Keir_Starmer) April 20, 2022

Liberal Democrat leader Sir Ed Davey said: “Conservative MPs should think carefully before voting to block an investigation into Boris Johnson’s lies. The public won’t stomach another Conservative stitch-up that drags our democracy through the mud just to protect one of their own.”

The motion suggests that comments “including but not limited to” four separate remarks in the Commons “appear to amount to misleading the House”.

The highlighted comments are:

– On December 1 2021, Mr Johnson told MPs “that all guidance was followed in No 10”.

– On December 8 2021, the Prime Minister told the Commons: “I have been repeatedly assured since these allegations emerged that there was no party and that no Covid rules were broken.”

The British public know Boris Johnson a liar. Now it’s time for Parliament to recognise that.

The country cannot afford a Prime Minister who breaks the law and lies about it.

Conservative MPs must find the guts to do what is right.

— Ed Davey MP (@EdwardJDavey) April 19, 2022

– Also on December 8 2021, he said: “I am sickened myself and furious about that, but I repeat what I have said to him: I have been repeatedly assured that the rules were not broken.”

– Finally on the same date: “The guidance was followed and the rules were followed at all times.”

If the Government does oppose the motion, with a working majority of 75, it is unlikely that the Prime Minister’s conduct will be referred to the committee without a major Tory revolt.

Tory MP Sir Charles Walker, vice-chairman of the influential backbench 1922 Committee, said he would abstain on the vote and told the BBC: “If the fines keep racking up there is only so long that the Prime Minister will be able to lean on his party for support.”

The Privileges Committee has wide-ranging powers to investigate whether Mr Johnson misled Parliament, crucially including the ability to compel the release of reports, documents and photos linked to the partygate scandal.

My letter to the Committee of Privileges. pic.twitter.com/bnqjkPXVQw

— Chris Bryant (@RhonddaBryant) April 20, 2022

If it found the Prime Minister’s conduct did amount to contempt by deliberately misleading the House then it could recommend sanctions – although it is unclear what penalties could be applied.

However, the ministerial code is clear that ministers who deliberately mislead the House are expected to quit.

One potential barrier to Tory MPs backing the motion was removed as Labour’s Chris Bryant, a prominent critic of the Prime Minister’s conduct, said he would recuse himself from chairing the Privileges Committee if the matter was referred to it.

Mr Johnson faced MPs on Wednesday at Prime Minister’s Questions and for the second day running clashed with Sir Keir about partygate.

In the Commons on Tuesday, Mr Johnson repeatedly apologised to MPs but insisted he had not believed a gathering in the Cabinet Room in No 10 to mark his 56th birthday had violated the regulations in place at the time.

At Prime Minister’s Questions he said: “I bitterly regret receiving an FPN (fixed penalty notice) and I apologised to the House.”

Sir Keir asked whether he would “actually accept that he broke the law”, to which Mr Johnson replied: “I’ve been absolutely clear that I humbly accept what the police have said, I paid the fixed penalty notice, and what I think the country and what I think the whole House would really rather do is get on with the things for which we were elected, deliver on our promises to the British people.”

Earlier on Wednesday, Labour deputy leader Angela Rayner stepped up the party’s call for Mr Johnson to quit over his “reckless and dangerous” approach to being in power.

She told Sky News: “We need a Prime Minister people have trust and confidence in.

[​IMG]
    (PA Graphics)
    “It is a red line – if the Prime Minister of this country believes they can break the ministerial code, lie to the British public and get away with it, then, frankly, all bets are off for our rules and democratic process.”

Business minister Paul Scully insisted Mr Johnson had not “knowingly” misled Parliament when he told MPs last year that there had been no breach of the rules and there had not been any parties.

However, he acknowledged that the situation had not been well-handled when the reports first emerged of the goings-on in Whitehall and that the public remained angry at what had happened.

“Clearly we didn’t deal with the ongoing situation (at) Christmas when partygate did start to become a thing; we didn’t handle it particularly well at that point communication-wise,” Mr Scully told BBC Breakfast.

wyldwynd likes this.
  3. Vladimir Illich

More bloody delay and obfuscation !!! - It doesn't take another enquiry, the bastard has been fined for doing so and has apologised to parliament for doing so. Just kick him in his cojones and boot him out of parliament altogether !!!

PM to face Commons probe into claims he misled Parliament

21 April 2022, 4:34 pm
    Boris Johnson is to face a parliamentary inquiry into claims he misled MPs about lockdown-busting parties in Downing Street.

MPs unanimously passed a Labour motion calling for the privileges committee probe to take place once the police have finished their own investigations into the partygate affair.

It is thought to be the first time a sitting prime minister has faced such an investigation.

The move came after the government performed a dramatic U-turn by ditching a bid to kick a decision on the inquiry into the long grass.

The prime minister has been accused of misleading parliament in December, when he insisted Covid rules had been followed in Number 10 at all times.
    Since then, the Metropolitan Police have issued more than 50 fixed penalty notices for breaches of lockdown laws, including to Johnson himself, his wife Carrie and chancellor Rishi Sunak.

The privileges committee, which has a Conservative majority, will have the power to demand the publication of more than 300 official photographs which are believed to have been taken at various alleged gatherings in Downing Street and Whitehall during lockdown.

The committee’s inquiry also means that the partygate affair is sure to rumble on for months, further damaging the PM.

On another difficult day for Johnson, who is in India on an official visit, influential backbencher Steve Baker became the latest Tory MP to publicly call for him to go.

He told the Commons: “The prime minister now should be long gone. Really, the prime minister should just know the gig’s up.”

Meanwhile, Tory backbencher William Wragg said: “I cannot reconcile myself to the prime minister’s continued leadership of our country and the Conservative Party.”

On Wednesday night, Downing Street had announced that all Tory MPs were being ordered to vote for an amendment which would have delayed any decision on a parliamentary inquiry until after Sue Gray publishes his full report into partygate.

But they were forced to backtrack after it became clear the prime minister would face a major rebellion from his own MPs.

Announcing the climbdown, a No.10 spokesperson said: “The prime minister has always been clear that he’s happy to face whatever inquiries parliament sees fit and is happy for the House to decide how it wishes to proceed today and therefore will not be whipping Conservative MP’s.

“They are free to vote according to how they believe we should move forward on this.

“We tabled an amendment last night because we wanted to be explicit about ensuring Sue Gray is able to complete and publish her report without any further delay, as well as allow the Metropolitan Police to conclude their investigations.

“We now recognise that – in practice – this is almost certainly likely to be the case and therefore we are happy for the Labour motion to go through if that is the will of the House.”

Labour leader Keir Starmer said: “The prime minister has stood before this house and said things that are not true, safe in the knowledge that he will not be accused of lying because he can’t be.

“He has stood at that despatch box and point blank denied rule-breaking took place, when it did.

“As he did so, he was hoping to gain extra protection from our good faith that no Prime Minister would deliberately mislead the House.”

In a bad-tempered interview with Sky News, Johnson insisted he had “nothing, frankly, to hide” from the inquiry.

Pushed on whether the current situation he finds himself in was serious, the PM replied: “Of course, I think it is serious.

“I also think we have massive issues that people expect us to address. I think people want us to get on with the job of taking the country forward.”

But he appeared frustrated with the line of questioning, asking “how many” times Sky’s political editor Beth Rigby would press him on partygate.

wyldwynd likes this.
  4. Vladimir Illich

I sent an email to my MP on Thursday about Boris Johnson - this is her response to me which I received earlier this morning.

Thank you for writing to me following the recent announcement that the Prime Minister and the Chancellor have been fined for breaking the law and attending parties during lockdown.
    Like you, I am outraged both by their failure to follow the rules they were exhorting the rest of us to obey to the letter, and the subsequent lies they told about their behaviour.
    The residents and staff of 10 and 11 Downing Street broke the rules whilst people were missing funerals, could not be with loved ones as they died, as NHS staff risked their lives and stayed away from their own families, as children didn’t go to school and were cut off from their friends. Those backing the Prime Minister and Chancellor by trying to downplay their actions are insulting everyone who did follows the rules, which were in place to save lives.
    You may be aware of the most recent positive development that the House of Commons voted to refer the PM to the committee of privileges to investigate whether he deliberately misled Parliament over his Covid rule-breaking. I spoke at the debate in favour of this inquiry, and firmly believe that the PM needs to be scrutinised.
    At least three things must now happen. Firstly, the Prime Minister and Chancellor must resign. The PM has said that he accepts full responsibility, but doing so requires his resignation. His position is no longer tenable.
    Secondly, the Sue Gray report must be published in full. Her preliminary report earlier this year found failures in leadership and an inappropriate culture in Downing Street, and following the recent developments it is absolutely crucial that the full report is published without delay.
    Lastly, our broken political system needs to change. The only person who can recall Parliament and enforce the Ministerial code - which Boris Johnson has so blatantly broken - is the PM himself. This is a sorry farce and the PM and his Government have diminished our standards in public life. I made this point in my speech during yesterday’s debate – see here in full and a clip here. And I will continue to do all I can to push for Parliament’s dysfunctional rules to change. I have been speaking out in the media, as well as raising this with the Speaker of the House of Commons over Easter.
    The extent of the anger among my constituents is clear. I hope this reply assures you I share your outrage and will continue to do all I can to hold the Prime Minister and his Government to account. I am grateful to you for getting in touch as hearing from you genuinely adds power to my elbow.
    Best wishes,

wyldwynd likes this.
  5. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

That is so nice you receive responses ..and what a nice letter you received

yes values

6. Vladimir Illich

Third one in three weeks. I know my MP personally and we share many values and principles !!!

wyldwynd likes this.
  7. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

8. Vladimir Illich

Something else Boris has beenm forced to apologise for !!!

PM writes to Angela Rayner to insist ‘Basic Instinct’ claim was not in his name

Alana Calvert and Patrick Daly, PA
    25 April 2022, 3:39 amBoris Johnson has written to Angela Rayner to insist “misogynistic” claims reportedly made about her by an unidentified Tory MP were not in his name.

According to the Daily Telegraph, the Prime Minister sent the deputy Labour leader a letter on Sunday in response to a report in the Mail on Sunday which has been condemned by Tory and Labour MPs alike.

Mr Johnson reportedly moved to assure Ms Rayner in the private letter that the comments were “not in his name”, expressing his sympathy over the anonymous attack.

The article claimed that an unnamed Tory MP had told the newspaper Ms Rayner crossed and uncrossed her legs on the Labour front bench during Prime Minister’s Questions in an attempt to distract Mr Johnson.
    The paper likened the claims to a scene from the 1992 erotic thriller Basic Instinct and said she was trying to put the PM “off his stride”.

On Sunday, Ms Rayner called the story “desperate” and “perverted” and quickly received solidarity from across the House of Commons for the “smear”.

The Prime Minister was among those to publicly condemn the claims on Twitter.

“As much as I disagree with (Ms) Rayner on almost every political issue I respect her as a parliamentarian and deplore the misogyny directed at her anonymously today,” he wrote.

Senior ministers followed suit in condemning the claims. While Treasury minister Simon Clarke retweeted Mr Johnson’s message, Culture Secretary Nadine Dorries posted the same tweet as the PM.

On Sunday evening, the Tory chairman of Parliament’s Women and Equalities Committee, Caroline Nokes, revealed she had written to Sir Lindsay Hoyle, the Commons Speaker, to suggest the journalist who wrote the story be formally censured.

The Conservative MP for Romsey and Southampton North told LBC the Tory MP sources behind the article should be “hanging their heads in shame”.

Earlier in the day she wrote on Twitter that “too many female MPs (of all parties)” have been on the “receiving end of vile” claims like those aimed at Ms Rayner.
    Tory chairman of Parliament’s Women and Equalities Committee Caroline Nokes said the members of her party behind ‘vile’ attack should hang ‘their heads in shame’ (PA)
    Ms Rayner often sits next to Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer and opposite the Prime Minister during the weekly Commons clashes.

She has also stood in for Sir Keir at PMQs when he has been forced to self-isolate due to Covid-19.

In a series of tweets, Ms Rayner lashed out at the “lies” being briefed about her.

The Ashton-under-Lyne MP said: “Boris Johnson’s cheerleaders have resorted to spreading desperate, perverted smears in their doomed attempts to save his skin.

“They know exactly what they are doing. The lies they are telling.”

She said Mr Johnson and his backers “clearly have a big problem with women in public life” and that they “should be ashamed of themselves”.

“I won’t be letting their vile lies deter me. Their attempts to harass and intimidate me will fail,” Ms Rayner added.

Sir Keir said the sexism displayed by those briefing the Sunday paper was a “disgraceful new low from a party mired in scandal and chaos”.

Tulip Siddiq, the shadow economic secretary to the Treasury, said the accusations were “disgraceful”.

The Labour politician told Sky News’s Sophy Ridge On Sunday: “At the end of the day, Angela Rayner is an MP who was elected on merit.

“To talk about the fact she is using her legs or her posture to manipulate the Prime Minister is ridiculous and I’m really upset about it.”

One Tory MP is said to have told the paper: “She (Ms Rayner) knows she can’t compete with Boris’s Oxford Union debating training, but she has other skills which he lacks.

“She has admitted as much when enjoying drinks with us on the (Commons) terrace.”
    Andrea Leadsom, the former leader of the Commons, similarly called the comments “totally unacceptable” and expressed sympathy for the deputy Labour leader.

When asked on Sophy Ridge about the coverage, Tory chairman Oliver Dowden said he did not recognise the claims attributed to his party’s MPs.

Health Secretary Sajid Javid tweeted: “If an MP or MPs really said this then it’s utterly shameful.

“No woman in politics should have to put up with this.”

wyldwynd and Captain Scarlet like this.
  9. Captain Scarlet

[​IMG]

Dirty sleazy minded group of Tory MPs if it originated from them or a sleazy dirty newspaper not fit to wipe ones arse on . Could be a media made up story . Either way it should be strongly condemned and some guy or guys have a serious sexist trait that has no place in the 21st Century .

How is a skirted lady suppose to sit ? For me she is sat normally and correctly with her legs crossed . Of course there are other ways such as the Cambridge Cross and Duchess. Yes she may need to move to change her posture and make her self more comfortable . I have been to many Bank meetings in my former guise and they do drag on in a similar way to Commons meetings

upload_2022-4-25_9-34-14.jpeg

wyldwynd likes this.
  10. Vladimir Illich

A comment which very aptly describes the vast majority of the scumbag 'nasty sleaze party' !!!

wyldwynd and Captain Scarlet like this.
  11. wyldwynd

So many distractions

if she wasn’t wearing a skirt there still would be a distraction ..this same scenerio was said months before with Putin and another woman that was sent as a ‘distraction’ ....

12. wyldwynd

Here it is ...I found it
    8065EE98-6E8A-4DE8-9A77-C351872AED58.jpeg

13. wyldwynd

The special operation is called “the legs” “the pins”
    “The hairy and shaved truth of women”

14. wyldwynd

Wobbly knees has proved to be a bust line with tactic of brutal dance lines and news anchors alike all claiming to be the stones of Sharon in every mans dream of being interrogated

15. wyldwynd

16. Captain Scarlet

And reported by a man . Another male shovinistic pig in my view .

She is sat correctly and lady like . If she had sat with her legs open then that would be a different matter .

There are too many men in high places especially here in the UK ,who regard women as unintelligent , incapable of holding high places of office and regard them as sex objects . There is no place for misogynistic or sexist behaviour in the 21st Century .WE are all equals .

etherea, Candy Gal and wyldwynd like this.
  17. wyldwynd

Absolutely equal where weakness and strength meet.. and become entwined in and out ...to forge character.

18. wyldwynd

..equality is the globe trotter of the moment taking the world by storm with a very loud voice of justice being served

19. Vladimir Illich

I'm Back !!! - thank you all for your 'get well' messages.

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  20. Captain Scarlet

Nice to see you back mate and hopefully your much better now :)