Brit stabbed to death a'dam

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by fedor, Nov 25, 2005.

1. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

Paul,

Keep your morals to yourself. Morals are like senses of humor, they are subjective. You have the right to follow yours but you don't have the right to punish me for not conforming to your values.

I did not label somebody on the basis of where they come from, perhaps the original poster did. Or perhaps the original poster was 100% accurate. You labeled cops bastards based on the way you said 99.2% of them do there job. Unless you stoop low enough to claim to have had a personal interaction with 99.2% of cops in the world, you are a hypocrite because your statement is an assumption / generalization. Is it not?

in my mind a soccer hooligan has some of the following qualities: overly loud, overly aggressive, overly obnoxious, drinks well beyond the point of moderation, overly competitive, overly dominant with there personality, and has a lack of interpersonal communication skills.

Ofcourse A person with one or all of the above qualities does not deserve to be injured by a street peddler. I never said they did. But you must admit that a person with the above mentioned qualities would be more likely to be injured in the given situation. Based on personal experience with these street hoods; being overly aggressive, obnoxious, loud, drunk, and rude would DEFINATELY CONTRIBUTE to having an altercation with them. Do you deny this?

Its like a woman wearing a miniskirt while visiting prison. She doesn't deserve to be raped and its a shame if she gets raped. She has every right to wear the miniskirt and shouldn't have to get changed before going to that prison. But when she goes and gets raped, don't tell me that the clothing didn't contribute to the situation. I still blame the rapists just as I still blame the street peddlers. But the other party contributes to the situation. Surely you are not so in need of popularity that you must be politically correct to the point of denying this?

Remember that another poster said the victim was a soccer hooligan. My only assumption was to accept that posters description as fact. Allow me to remind you that you are guilty of the same thing or worse. You claimed that the victims were two nice lads sharing a pint while watching there football team on the tellie. From what I recall, you boldy claimed that without making reference to another poster or a news report that backed you on that. Were the victims family members? I doubt you knew them personally so we both made an assumption at this point Paul.

Another piece of information that was posted was that 600 brits came to amsterdam for the game and only 200 had tickets. Traveling hundreds of miles to sit in a bar and watch a game on television with a mob of others who would do so sounds like hooligan mentality to me Paul.

IF the original poster accurately labeled the victims soccer hooligans, based on my list of qualities that define a soccer hooligan, and the fact that those qualities would be most likely to escalate the situation with a street hood, it makes perfect sense that a soccer hooligan is more likely to be stabbed by a street dealer then somebody less threatening.

Stereotypes and profiling are not a politically correct way to think. But one way that a stereotype comes to exist is because the stereotype gives a profile of the "average" or "common denominator". If you are once again too politcally correct to acknowledge this then enjoy your politics you politician. And mind you that is only one way they come to exist. Most come to exist because of fear and lack of intelligence.

So here is where we get to the "irony I found funny".

I know stereotypes are wrong because if they are viewed as a "rule" then any person can be an "exception to the rule" at any time. Hence the "rule" is wrong. Based on the logic above, it is clear that in this case the actual victim was the type of person to be more likely to get stabbed by a street peddler. So this was a situation in which the stereotype showed why it exists, because the victim was the type of person that perpetuates the stereotype and because in this instance, it was more probable that somebody who fit the stereotype would be the victim. So this incident showed how stereotypes can make sense and be correct descriptions and powerful predictive tools of probability at times, even though its not smart or politically correct to rely on them. Perhaps this is why 99.2% of cops are bastards? They use profiling all the time, do they not?

I love how that all came together like that! Keep throwing stones and you eventually hit yourself, huh Paul? Isn't it ironic, don't ya think? LOL

I have been open, honest, and quite thorough Paul. There is nothing else to say about my comment or the logic behind it. You should not require any additional information from me because it is all right here for the world to read. Its a shame you want to continue this debate privately. I guess you prefer yelling at people on open forums without good grounds.

I have also provided more information for you to take cheap shots. But I will not respond to any. I am at peace with my stance and feel that the entire message board now has the opportunity to understand it as much as possible. So from this point forward, you and everybody else can make whatever judgement about me that you feel is right. Agree with me or don't. But anymore crtitcizing COMMENTS I will view simply as flames or points I've already addressed.

Cheers,
    Koopa

2. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

regards

3. koopa

Paul,

Keep your morals to yourself. Morals are like senses of humor, they are subjective. You have the right to follow yours but you don't have the right to punish me for not conforming to your values.
    i have every right to confront anyones morals on their beliefs "like they have a right to confront me . we dont live in a fascist robotic mind controlling police state at the moment koopa .
    how very domineering and rude of you. Until you learn to respect everybodies right to have an opinion nobody will respect your opinions. Who are you to tell me what I can and can not joke about? Are you a censorship commission lobbyist or something?
    I did not label somebody on the basis of where they come from, perhaps the original poster did. Or perhaps the original poster was 100% accurate. You labeled cops bastards based on the way you said 99.2% of them do there job. Unless you stoop low enough to claim to have had a personal interaction with 99.2% of cops in the world, you are a hypocrite because your statement is an assumption / generalization. Is it not? english wankers is not labelling ?. tell you what lad " if i was to stick a thread up or jump in on a thread which concerned a american civilian being killed and said war mongering american fucktard ( which i would"nt by the way ) i see the bigger picture . see how many people would call me a labelling whatever ? (you tell me) . to think i can put a percentage on how many cops are bastards ( and you quote that percentage ) is as funny as fuck . koopa it was a sarcastic % ( but think i"m quite close ) and i think most people realised that ( seems as tho you did"nt )
    English wanker was my way of using a slang word indicative to the nationality of the victim and indicating that if he was acting like an arse, THEN AND ONLY THEN would he be contributing to the unfortunate incident. As for your hypothetical thread, it would depend on who it involved. If the person in question was truly a war mongering american fucktard then you wouldn't be making a stereotype or generalization. You would be properly describing the person in question. Once again I never assumed it was an english soccer hooligan. It being an english soccer hooligan was a fact of the matter, based on a different assumption: the assumption that the original poster was accurate in there description of the victim. If you want to put it in words that make me seem like your idea of a bad guy, I believed that the LABEL the orginal poster gave the victim was given to the victim because it truely depicted the victim. In my words, it would be a DESCRIPTION not a label. But nice try at a disproportionate slandor metaphor. You saying american fucktard......a combination of the words fuck and retard is much more insulting then me saying soccer hooligan. You have brought nationality into it with your phrase. You have also used the harshest curse, adding an increased level of insult. Also you overlook something, I would not be the one slamming you if you said such thing. Remember I respect the fact that other people have a right to there own opinion. I unlike you can have my own beliefs without feeling a need to impose them on people who disagree. All I have done in this thread is defend myself from your challenges to my position.
    in my mind a soccer hooligan has some of the following qualities: overly loud, overly aggressive, overly obnoxious, drinks well beyond the point of moderation, overly competitive, overly dominant with there personality, and has a lack of interpersonal communication skills.
    only in the uk eh lol[​IMG]
    Once again I never brought nationality into this. My statement said "soccer hooligans, figures" 3 words that have caused you to lose your shit, misenterpret a thread, and swing wildly at me.
    Ofcourse A person with one or all of the above qualities does not deserve to be injured by a street peddler. I never said they did. But you must admit that a person with the above mentioned qualities would be more likely to be injured in the given situation. Based on personal experience with these street hoods; being overly aggressive, obnoxious, loud, drunk, and rude would DEFINATELY CONTRIBUTE to having an altercation with them. Do you deny this?
    injured? the lad was killed koopa . deny? no .so you know for sure that the lads on that night were acting up (your above assumption on a uk soccer hooligan ) honest answer lol .
    Wow you are being thick...I used the word injured to show that not even injury is acceptable, LET ALONE death. I'm showing more sympathy not less.
    Its like a woman wearing a miniskirt while visiting prison. She doesn't deserve to be raped and its a shame if she gets raped. She has every right to wear the miniskirt and shouldn't have to get changed before going to that prison. But when she goes and gets raped, don't tell me that the clothing didn't contribute to the situation. I still blame the rapists just as I still blame the street peddlers. But the other party contributes to the situation. Surely you are not so in need of popularity that you must be politically correct to the point of denying this?
    in a situation like that "there are thoughts and actions . two totaly different things . hate politics man (but thats just me )
    i don't understand this particular response at all....
    Remember that another poster said the victim was a soccer hooligan. My only assumption was to accept that posters description as fact. Allow me to remind you that you are guilty of the same thing or worse. You claimed that the victims were two nice lads sharing a pint while watching there football team on the tellie. From what I recall, you boldy claimed that without making reference to another poster or a news report that backed you on that. Were the victims family members? I doubt you knew them personally so we both made an assumption at this point Paul.
    Yeah I didn't think you'd want to comment on this part LOL
    Another piece of information that was posted was that 600 brits came to amsterdam for the game and only 200 had tickets. Traveling hundreds of miles to sit in a bar and watch a game on television with a mob of others who would do so sounds like hooligan mentality to me Paul.
    Or this part.....to insightful and relevant for you I guess :)
    IF the original poster accurately labeled the victims soccer hooligans, based on my list of qualities that define a soccer hooligan, and the fact that those qualities would be most likely to escalate the situation with a street hood, it makes perfect sense that a soccer hooligan is more likely to be stabbed by a street dealer then somebody less threatening.

Stereotypes and profiling are not a politically correct way to think. But one way that a stereotype comes to exist is because the stereotype gives a profile of the "average" or "common denominator". If you are once again too politcally correct to acknowledge this then enjoy your politics you politician. And mind you that is only one way they come to exist. Most come to exist because of fear and lack of intelligence.

So here is where we get to the "irony I found funny".

I know stereotypes are wrong because if they are viewed as a "rule" then any person can be an "exception to the rule" at any time. Hence the "rule" is wrong. Based on the logic above, it is clear that in this case the actual victim was the type of person to be more likely to get stabbed by a street peddler. So this was a situation in which the stereotype showed why it exists, because the victim was the type of person that perpetuates the stereotype and because in this instance, it was more probable that somebody who fit the stereotype would be the victim. So this incident showed how stereotypes can make sense and be correct descriptions and powerful predictive tools of probability at times, even though its not smart or politically correct to rely on them. Perhaps this is why 99.2% of cops are bastards? They use profiling all the time, do they not?

I love how that all came together like that! Keep throwing stones and you eventually hit yourself, huh Paul? Isn't it ironic, don't ya think? LOL

I have been open, honest, and quite thorough Paul. There is nothing else to say about my comment or the logic behind it. You should not require any additional information from me because it is all right here for the world to read. Its a shame you want to continue this debate privately. I guess you prefer yelling at people on open forums without good grounds.
    perfectly good grounds .yelling nah dont think so koopa ......but you can yell all yer want . have"nt responded to your above paragraphs ( smells of pig )
    And just what is that supposed to mean? I'm not supporting the polices use of profiling. I'm using it as an example to support the fact that profiling has a basis and can be applied in certain ways to yield certain results. Police wouldn't do it if it didn't work to some degree. Not to mention this is the way the human brain works. Sensory information enters the body and immediately is saved as a prototype OR PROFILE. Upon a future encounters with stimuli the brain will compare the qualities of the current stimuli with all previous encounters with other stimuli that are saved in memory. This compare and contrast operation is how the senses IDENTIFY THINGS BY IDENTIFYING PATTERNS. Stereotyping is making assumptions based on the most common pattern. Stereotypes and profiles are not absolutes, there are always exceptions to them. That is why they are only a tool based on probability. Stereotypes are not politically correct in certain societies because it is considered socially immoral to deny the "exception to the norm" the chance to try just because the norm is subpar. But being non-p.c. doesn't mean that there isn't the power of probability locked into certain stereotypes. An encompassing of the mean in a mathematical sense of course. As I've stated, the human brain uses the same techniques to organize information and identify things. Profiling is merely identifying patterns. Stating this doesn't make me a pig, it makes me informed about psychology, phisiology, and cognitive science.
    I have also provided more information for you to take cheap shots. But I will not respond to any. I am at peace with my stance and feel that the entire message board now has the opportunity to understand it as much as possible. So from this point forward, you and everybody else can make whatever judgement about me that you feel is right. Agree with me or don't. But anymore crtitcizing COMMENTS I will view simply as flames or points I've already addressed.
    flames (now thats a word that baffles me )question koopa = is a flamer someone who diagrees with someone else as that someone else thinks no one better disagree with me( whoever that maybe) ? in your opinion ................therefore a discussion board must be full of flamers dont you think ? .also wtf"s with the capitital letters COMMENTS? . a discussion board is full of comments . ............
    Its simple, you restarted the same argument with me as a previous poster in this thread. You also did it immediately after 3/4 of the thread was deleted by the moderator. This left me wondering if you had actually read those posts before they were deleted and were just busting my balls by regurgitating the same stuff. For all I knew you were doing it just to wind me up. Thats what I meant by flaming. The other option is that you hadn't read those old posts and you were merely taking the same stance as the original poster. Except you came in late, didn't hear the full exchange, misunderstood most of the original thread and came at me swinging wildy with false accusations. Once those subsided and you revealed that joking about a dead person was what upset you, I leaned towards believing that you had not read the original post. For that was exactly what the original post was about (as I told you about 6 posts before you mentioned it)

4. boothy

boothy Senior Member

OK, my comments. Yes, whoever said that the USA is disliked in Europe, it's tru, the USA, both the people and the president, generally are the most hated country outside of their own blindly patriotic borders. Now that's over and done with...

1. I swear someon of you in this thread a racist scum. "Don't trust darkie" and other comments really piss me off.

2. On the subject of football... it's actually an extemely small minority who cause trouble. I know hundreds of football fans - none of them have ever caused trouble. I personally support Grimsby Town, and if there is ever any trouble, it's about 5 people out of 5,000. So much for the belief in the US that every soccer game ends in huge riots and stabbings involving every person with a ticket.

And brainless... yeah, it is a joke. I got banned for speaking out against Skip's decisions, but hey, what can ya do? Put up with it, or move elsewhere - just no other forum is as good as this for sensible discussion and decent members, maybe free speach, but hey.

5. koopa

I don't think your trying to "pick up the baton" where Paul dropped it Boothy, but let me just cut any criticism from Mr. Free Spirit or others right away. There was indeed a poster who used that term first. I believe that was all that poster even contributed to this thread, if you can call it a contribution. The only "darkie comment" I made was a reference to that post. I had referred to it as an example of what not to say. I stated how this would be the ABSOLUTE WORST thing to say to one of these street peddlers. I was illustrating the fact that your reaction to there proposition can play into the outcome. Of course a crazy junkie on the street could stab a person that doesn't even say a word to them, but that junkie would also be more inclined to escalate the situation if the victim was threating as well. A drunken rude person who said something like "fuck off darkie" to one of these peddlers would be more likely to get hurt then the average person who quietly ignores them.

Also if you reread the thread, there are all sorts of takes on how this went down. Some posters say the street dealers approached the victim. Other posters say the victim went outside the bar to find one of these guys to try to score drugs. I don't know which scenario actually happened. Both are plausible. The first one is always possible in amsterdam, those peddlers are everywhere. The second one is possible as well. I don't know of any country where a bar full of drunks doesn't have atleast a few people interested in buying some sort of speed to help wake them up. Its not a dutch, english, or american thing. Its a drunk thing. Mind you once again, I didn't bring england or usa into this thread either. As for your last comment that I quoted above, WHO ever said that? I swear people just keep pulling new things out of there hat. Who ever said this? I certainly didn't and since this thread has been a bunch of brits arguing with me, let me be the first to point out that all of your points are about other posters.

6. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Since I've been a member,
    I don't think I've seen such a bizarre thread..................

7. boothy

boothy Senior Member

My post wasn't directed at anyone, I skimmed through the thread and just gave my brief views, and I can be certain the darkie comment wasn't made by you, I'll find the quote.

8. boothy

boothy Senior Member

this was the one :(

9. koopa

much obliged.

Happy Holidays Everybody!

Koopa

10. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

droppin a baton is better than droppin a bollock koopa . psycology :D .......now theirs a word ..........heres a few more ...........merry christmas "holidays " and lets hope people ( politicians) get there shit together in 2006............peace all

11. koopa

just couldn't let it rest could you senor pablo? Still fighting for the last word no matter how trivial..........

yawn, back to sleeping through a house fire again :(

12. koopa

yeah its a monster with a mind of its own at this point :)

I'm being criticized over a passing comment and having my rights to personal freedoms called into question while my opposition is acting like I'm G.W.B. and an assasination was contracted LOL

I guess in the ideal politically correct world there won't be any words....too risky for the idiots that would be populating it :(

13. SinPusher

SinPusher Member

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my friends and otherwise across the globe. It really is a small world. May your 2006 ROCK!!

SP

14. koopa

P.S. I found out your a devout Christian Man Paul.........IT IS ALL CLEAR AS CRYSTAL NOW! A little bit of context can make sense out of the craziest reactions I swear. You know..... the moral rhetoric, the need to force your beliefs on others, all clear as crystal St. Paul!

Enjoy today, its the day that Constantine declared Jesus's b-day after he decided to adopt Christianity because of its large pull with all social classes at the time. I really like how the b-day was declared today because it was towards the end of the week long winter solstice holidays and festivals that were the norm at the time. Unless of course you think that Genesis occurred a couple thousand years ago too! But I'll leave you, christ, and darwin to sort that problem out!

15. lctricity

lctricity Member

Merry Christmas & Happy Holiday of your choice mi amigos.

[​IMG]

16. koopa

Happy Holidays lctricity!!!!

17. shezz

shezz Banned

more on this story here