Brighton In The UK

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by HoneySuckleBlue, Jul 1, 2006.

1. HoneySuckleBlue

HoneySuckleBlue Cosmic Artist

You betcha, I am waiting for the AC guy to get here and all I have is time this morning:)

I just saw where you are from Sam:) Brighton was the first place I visited after the Glasgow airport on my way to summer camp in Scotland when I was 13...I got to ride bikes down to the public pool there and see the amazing phenomenon of the fields being burned, lol, and bought a 'members only' jacket back when they were very 'in'. What a cute town!

2. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

its now the city of brighton and hove and yes its got a great vibe!
    S

3. HoneySuckleBlue

HoneySuckleBlue Cosmic Artist

yes I will never forget my first anchovie pizza there;) and the cobblestone streets.

..and hove??:) whatsat?

4. Samhain

hove is the city next to it walk for 10 mins in someareas of brighton and your in it, now we are the city of brighton and hove!
    S

5. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

the weirdest things ever happened to me there:-

- I was buying a sandwhich with my then girlfriend and a complete stranger came up and reccomended that I rotate my hips in a circle when I'm screwing her.

- I got paid £40 to climb down a 30ft scaffold dressed as an angel at the Zap club,and the muslim costume I wore later burst into flame from a candlelit table when I was asked to hand out 'petit-fois' to the audience

- I sold a stick I'd carved to a guy who was claiming sick benefit cos he'd apparently broken his leg on a motorbike in France,but I saw him walking perfectly ok into a supermarket

- I was quietly selling books of poetry I'd made - by the Palace Pier when 10 police trucks turned up and before I knew it I was running in around in a full scale riot

- I set all the alarms off at the Royal Pavillion one night when I thought the patio's at the back in the park would be a good place to sleep

- I got chatted up one night at 'The Joint' by the cello player from the band 'James' who said he could probably get my music promoted,except some other guy got threateningly jealous so I went home instead

- My friend and I had come back from camping up Chanctonbury ring and sat down in a settee in Hove that had been left in the street for the council to take away when a girl with dreads came out with a tray of tea and biscuits for us

- I turned up to a show my then girlfriend was in to find her in black suspenders,playing electric guitar standing next to a 30 foot rubber penis

thats just the tip of the iceberg

6. Samhain

Yes RG Brightons the weridist- but I love it!
    S

7. Samhain

[​IMG]
    this a pic that Rg posted originally.
    its the wonderful city of Brighton!
    S

8. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

funny post, but why was I lead here?

9. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Samhain moved it over here. But if you're lost, just remember - click your heels twice and you'll be back in Kansas :)