Bright Comet out now.

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Rockstock2004, May 9, 2004.

1. Rockstock2004

Rockstock2004 Member

Comet Q4 Neat is in the Southwestern Skies now, and will continue to get higher in the sky after the sun sets. go to www.spaceweather.com for more info. If you want, I have a telescope, and I do Astrophotography. Here are my images of the comet.
    www.powow.com/wirt/neat.html

2. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

3. sky_pink

sky_pink er... what's the time?

The images are very good. Wish I had a telescope... How much, approximately, did yours cost?

4. Rockstock2004

Rockstock2004 Member

The setup costs, hmm, about $25,000 dollars, $15,000 for the scope, and $5,000 for the eyeprices, and filters, plus the laptop, and then an extra $5,000 around there for the CCD Equiptment to take pics through the scope onto my Laptop;)

By the way, Yes, I actually saw Columbia Re-enter the Atmosphere. I drove 4hrs north to Bishop, saw watch it come in. I saw it go into pieces, and spark..I thought NOTHING of it till I turned on the AM talk station on the way back, and found out, it NEVER returned. I was like, omg, and I have video and pictures of it.

5. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

those are amazing pics. too bad it's cloudy, or i'd grab the binoc's and try to find it.

so, you saw columbia reenter the atmosphere and mainstream media said that it didnt? (i dont watch the news, there are so many lies, i just cant stomach it anymore)

6. sky_pink

sky_pink er... what's the time?

Wow, guess it'll have to wait a few years... :D