Brexit

Discussion in 'U.K. Politics' started by Balbus, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

As many have warned the trick the shysters that lied us into Brexit are going to use to deflect the blame from themselves for all the crap it is going to cause is to say it’s all the EU’s fault.

Yesterday – Michael Gove was all over the news blaming the EU for ‘refusing to negotiate’ when the truth is that it’s completely the other way around its Boris, Gove and the rest of the Brexit leavers in government that are refusing to negotiate with the EU in any good faith.

They have basically refused to talk unless the EU removes the Irish backstop which the EU has already explained at length and in detail why it can’t.

It like having a divorce where the husband is demanding that one of the clauses should be that he should get exclusive right to have sex with her whenever he wants – then when she explains why that is never going to happen him going – ‘it saddens me to say that she is refusing to negotiate’

Thing is that there are going to me many who will soak up the lie and believe it the truth.

I mean how is this going to go well – we will still need to trade with the EU after Brexit whatever form it takes how is well and truly pissing off the EU going to help in those negotiations?

Si69 likes this.
  2. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

I am so pleased the United Kingdom are pissing off that heap of shite known as the EU.
    They have been pissing off us very sensible and wonderful Brexiteers for years.

And he who laughs last laughs best.
    That’s the likes of me by the way! :tonguewink: :grinning:

3. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Booze

Why be so happy to ‘piss off’ someone that you will want to trade with? I can see why someone could be pissed off at say China for its human right record or with US farming practices but why take so much glee in been nasty to your fellow Europeans?

I mean you still can’t explain in any rational why leaving the EU is a good thing is this irrational hatred part of the package?

Si69 likes this.
  4. The fact is that with a no deal brexit we as a country will be left on Ist November with no trade agreement with anybody! Does that not frighten those delusional idiots who believe that this is the correct way to go?

Si69 and Driftrue like this.
  5. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

No, Boozer. That was just dumb.
    Fair enough to say you can't be bothered to debate your points in the other threads. You've just come into this one by your own choice.. But you've already said you don't want to waste your time on it. Doesn't add up. You're proving to any onlooker with a brain that Leavers cannot explain their vague "opinions".

6. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

The only reason I'm happy to see it happen is I want to see how Brexit supporters like Booze react when the issues it causes affects them.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm happy to see it happen now because the UK prolonging their leave any longer is damaging to the EU.
    Get out already, poor sods.

8. Asmodean

He's basically trolling. Just restating his position over and over again in an offensive way, because 1) your and others posts on this irritate him, and 2) he has nothing better to offer but does want to make himself heard.

I would just ignore him at this point, unless he posts something that's actually new or meaningful

Si69 and Driftrue like this.
  9. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Sorry : (

10. Asmodean

No need. I'm more sorry for brits like you. I don't expect to experience serious consequences i can't deal with myself. It's more about others in the EU, certain Brits (also some of the leavers) and the EU in general.
    The EU has its troubles, the UK leaving is causing more trouble, but the UK prolonging their leave is adding unneccesary trouble. The last thing is what should be prevented. I don't mind at this point if that's done by a hard no deal for UK brexit.

Driftrue likes this.
  11. Si69

Si69 Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

its so sad.. ..shooting ourselves in the foot; the biggest act of self harm the UK has done to itself in a long time!

Simon :-(

12. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Listening to government pundits the argument been presented seems to be twofold and contradictory – on the surface it is about blaming the EU for about everything that has happened or will happen but beneath that it’s clearly a desperate plea to the EU to save Britain from its foolishness

They are begging the EU to break international laws and its core principles to save the UK from the crap it has caused, please don’t check our lorries, please don’t impose tariffs, please don’t disrupt our trade

But at the same time defaming the EU for the mess we caused and claiming if they don’t do the things that we will desperately need to save ourselves from ourselves they are evil incarnate

It’s like watching a drunk abusive ex-husband on the phone to his old wife and going from ‘please love me’ to ‘bitch queen’ and back again ever few minutes.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019