Brexit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BlackBillBlake, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mystic

Where are you getting your information from because only a small amount of research would have shown you that what you just posted was dubious at best.

2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mystic

What are you liking in my post pointing out that your supposed ‘benefit’ of Brexit is very far off the mark?

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

it's a pat on the back like.
    like, good on ya Balbus, well done mate, you tried, have a pat on the back.

Orison and Mallyboppa like this.
  4. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

EU spending on the development of poorer areas

A total of 1.7bn euros from the EU budget went into projects benefitting the least-developed regions of theUK as well as supporting social cohesion and job opportunities. According to the UK government, projects funded by the European Regional Development Fund have helped 24,767 new businesses and created around 114,889 jobs for local people in the UK between 2007 and 2013

Those that pushed for Brexit have indicated (but not promised) to match that funding although as some have pointed out the EU uses statistical data to work out where money should be allocated while in the past the political parties in control of governments have had a tendency of allocating funds to those areas that vote for their political party

5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mystic

So what is your reply to what I said – do you now see that your supposed benefits are not really benefits at all?

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lolz, and the first sentence in that article you purposely didnt link to is

Drum roll please.....

"The UK pays more to the EU than it receives in EU funding"

Where does EU money go in the UK?

mysticblu21 likes this.
  7. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

LOL well duh

What’s your point – I mean I just gave the fucking figures above

The UK was spending £9 billion for membership is that anything like the £1.3 EU spending on the development of poorer areas, is it?

So what’s your fucking point do you have one or are you just blowing smoke up your arse?

And to put the 9 billon in context seeing as you seem to have missed it.

145 billion on health

45 billion on defence

29 billion on transport

And 13 billion on overseas aid

We also contribute less (per head of population) than some other EU countries such as Germany.

For the 9 billion we get all the advantages of free trade with the EU members and with the EU trade deals with non EU countries along with a say in the regulations and policies set by the EU (unlike say Norway).

Some have put a figure of roughly £31bn-£92bn per year as the best estimate we have in terms of the additional value created to the UK economy through trade as a result of EU membership.

And research by Bloomberg Economics estimates that the economic cost of Brexit has already hit 130 billion pounds ($170 billion), with a further 70 billion pounds set to be added by the end of this year. That’s based on the damage caused by the U.K. untethering from its Group of Seven peers over the past three years.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  8. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Now can any leaver give us any rational benefits we will get from leaving the EU – ANY LEAVER

9. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mystic

And why are you liking VG’s post - it makes no sense?

Imagine you pay entry into a theme park the benefit you get is access to all the rides – but let’s say you have a coupon that means you get 10% of the ticket price back - do you celebrate getting the 10% or do you like VG get into a big huff because you didn’t get a 100% off.

We buy entry into the EU (like other members) we get in return total access to the free market zone and other trade deals outside the zone, but because we have poor areas in the UK we get some EU funds to help such people.

I say that is a good thing but would ask why do those poor underdeveloped areas still exist in the UK?

10. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Sad day for Britain, imo.

11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

12. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

13. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Vlad

Can you please not just post videos as you may find that they are removed per politics forum guidelines

Cheers

Balbus

14. I did see on the news today that the Johnson government have until December to make a trade agreement.
    Don't know if that's going to be enough time.
    It could backfire on people.

Just want to make sure if i heard it correctly @Balbus considering you know and live in the area.

15. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Suzanne

It’s actually worse than that, negotiations haven’t really started yet and the Johnson government have still not given any details of their position (and the rumors are they still are unsure of them) but they are insisting that we will pull out at the end of December even if we have no deal, but any deal will first have to be accepted by the EU commission and then given the go ahead by all the remaining 27, which will take time.

So many analysis’s think we really only have about some 5 to 7 months to get a proposed deal worked out then some 3-4 months of it been talked through by other countries.

Now trade agreements usually take years to negotiate not months and we would have that added problem of any deal having to be accepted by all of the 27 EU states who could for national reasons hold it up or veto it (think Spain and the Gibraltar question for example) I believe the US deal that took years to negotiate didn't get through that vetting stage.

SuzanneAU1977 likes this.
  16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Hope you turned your clocks backwards today out of EURO time! Back to the dark ages. :sweatsmile:

Orison and 6-eyed shaman like this.
  17. Cheers thought it may of been the case.

18. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

I think it is time you Losers shut up and go crawl down the nearest plug hole now as you LOST!
    Happy Brexit Day to everybody.
    Even you Bulby my arch enemy! Lol!

19. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

So now you will see the light Irm.
    Praise be to Nigel Farage.
    The man who saved our country from the rule of the dratted EU! :laughing:

20. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

You can celebrate a win but what have you won?

How does this benefit the country and the people in it?

Again has any leaver put forward any rationally based reasons for thinking Brexit will be good for the UK, well NO

I’ve been in multiple threads involving thousands of posts and NOT ONE leavers has been able to explain why Brexit would be a good thing in any rational way.

The ‘winners’ can whoop and holla all they want but that hasn’t gone away.

Yes of course I’m sad and concerned over this result, of course I’m worried, we are all going to be adversely effected by this, but some more than others, I fear that those celebrating now or the children or grandchildren of those celebrating now are the one that are going to pay the price.