Brexit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BlackBillBlake, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

I am Sat Here Laughing at All This The people Complaining and asking for another Vote Mostly Voted to Remain !
    All our Hens are not Going to Stop laying and our Crops Fail Because we No longer want to be in the EU ( sorry Guys Thats What we voted For ! )
    What Worries Me is I have Been called a **** and a Complete Idiot By people on here That Should Know Better
    I voted out But if the vote Had gone the other way I wouldn't Have Spit my Dummy out and started Name Calling !!

1 person likes this.
  2. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Is there any liberal media at all in the UK?

I was thinking economically. NATO isn't going anywhere. Russia's economy is in the toilet.

Does anybody in Wales ever talk about leaving the UK? Americans never hear anything about Wales.

Think about Trump supporters, Fox News loyalists, and then ask yourself the same question.

Several people have posted that most Muslims enter the UK from a former Empire colony. Apparently, they have an unlimited legal right to do that, like Puerto Ricans entering the US. What would it take to change that? It seems that the racists should be focusing more of their efforts on that issue, based on what I've heard this week.

Who doesn't?

The internet era has empowered idiots all over the world. They're not going to put up with being governed by intelligent, well educated people anymore. Our time seems to have come and gone. Emotion rules.

Not a valid parallel. I can't imagine why we would have ever joined such a thing in the first place. We don't need it.

This is one of those (many) situations where all analogies between Europe and the US seem worthless and irrelevant. US states are not equivalent to European countries, and the US economy is big enough that it doesn't need help from anybody.

3. Rots in hell

I googled That For You !
    http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/24/europe/brexit-steps-to-leave-eu/

I still have no Idea Why Though

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Twitter is swarming with bitter remainiacs wishing death upon the older generations

5. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

2 people like this.
  6. Bud D

Bud D Member

I think people either let immigrants in or they go to war against them.

7. Rots in hell

8. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Yeah, and now they're going to spend it on NHS.

I totally believe that.

1 person likes this.
  9. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

The Guardian is about the biggest liberal media outlet in the UK. It's not widely read by Joe Public, who prefer the tabloids such as the Sun (for the lower echelons) and the Daily Mail (same thing dressed up for the middle class).

Most of Wales voted out. If anything, the Welsh are even more parochial than the English. But of course, a large portion voted remain, In parts of Wales the majority voted to stay in. Wales is small, and these days not very economically significant. That's why you never hear much about it probably.

As to Empire immigrants - racists are not rational in their outlook and struggle I think with fine distinctions. I don't think there's anything they can do about it anyway. I think some of the out voters had the mistaken idea that leaving the EU would end all immigration. Turns out that even promises of reduced numbers from the EU were campaign lies.

Here's a piece from the Guardian about how the brexiters are backing out of their promises

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/25/leave-campaign-rows-back-key-pledges-immigration-nhs-spending

10. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Whatever happens it is fascinating to watch history unfold before us.

Where will the wheel of fortune spin next...

1 person likes this.
  11. Rots in hell

better Than Tea and biscuits For The Eu Meetings
    I heard The Paperclip Bill runs to Thousands As well !

12. Rots in hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XKJ2mcdVmQ&feature=youtu.be

2 people like this.
  13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

100% reported​

Remain a member of the European Union​

48.1%​
    16,141,241​

Leave the European Union​

51.9%​
    17,410,742​
    So far the 2nd Referendum petition has just over 2 million signatures. Seeing how more than 32 million people showed up to vote, they have a long long way to go. I don't see how it's gonna be taken seriously in the end.

14. Eleven

Eleven Member

Charles Darwin
    Shakespeare
    Newton
    Monty Python
    Keith Richards

15. Eleven

Eleven Member

Perhaps you'd prefer a collectivist culture colonizing the world, rather than England's individualistic one? China, Japan? We wouldn't like it. The other possible colonial empires, Russia and Germany, also were not about rights.

I like the world just the way it is, and won't demonize the West.

16. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

We don't hear anything cultural or historical about them either. Most Americans could list a few basic things that Scotland and Ireland are known for, but not Wales.

Why not? What is it that gives these immigrants their rights? Ordinary law? Constitution? Treaty? Whatever it is, why aren't the conservative racists pushing to get it changed?

17. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Why is this relevant? What are you trying to prove, that UK "produced" some really significant people?
    Yeah, so? So did every other country.
    What does it have to do with Brexit?

18. Rots in hell

I think That was a Joke Piaf ! Monty Python is not a Person ;)
    Keef is an Inspiration Though [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. Rots in hell

This is Satire !!! Hope Some of You Understand This ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37iHSwA1SwE&feature=youtu.be