Brexit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BlackBillBlake, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

The shop owner also seems to be saying the UK should refuse to pay the £39bn financial settlement, which covers past debts and future obligations to the EU.

How is that meant to make and future dealings with the EU easier?

You might say ‘fuck ‘em’ but we are talking here about the UK’s biggest customer in goods and services and although it would be bad for them to not have a trade deal it would be catastrophic for Britain.

And if we treat our ex-trading partner so shabbily what message does that send to other people we might want to trade with?

And it should be remembered we haven’t gotten to the hard bit - the trade deal (or rather trade deals) which are liable to go on for years.

And most analysts and trade negotiators I’ve heard seem to think that we are likely to get screwed over trade because we are going to be in the weaker position and that would be true even if we had a withdrawal deal – if we are stuck in WTO rules our position will be far, far worse.

2. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Typical Remainer

3. morrow

morrow Visitor

Mally... get back on that wagon... remember the line -------------------------

Mallyboppa likes this.
  4. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

I just can't stand that Bitch!
    'Typical remainer is the understatement of the year! :rage:

5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Soul

The thing about manufacturing and industry in the UK was that neoliberalism became dominant in the UK back in the 1980’s and that ideology believed that the market should guide manufacturing and industry not government (this was also political the UK right wing wishing to destroy the powerbase of the big unions which was in manufacturing and industry)

So while many governments in the rest of Europe worked to nurture and encourage manufacturing and industry, in the UK the government allowed many companies to close or get bought up by foreign competitors.

If successive right wing UK governments had any industrial policy at all it was mainly to encourage foreign companies to invest in the UK. Many companies from outside the UK built plants in the UK because if something was manufactured within the EU it didn’t have to pay tariffs.

Other European countries were a bit more warry about allowing in say Japanese or South Korean competition to their own industries but UK right wingers didn’t care about British owned industries and saw it as cheaper to allow in foreign companies than nurture and encourage the British ones (a similar thing to running down training in the UK and instead luring foreigners with the training to come to work in the UK).

As said many British owned companies were brought up by foreign and Europeans investors – utility companies, train lines along with car makers, so that by now I don’t think there is a British owned car manufacturer.

The thing is that the many non-European companies that set up in the UK to trade tariff free within the EU are feeling double crossed and of course plan to leave because of Brexit and the many European companies that invested in the UK as part of the EU because of free movement (meaning engine parts can cross borders with ease) are also feeling pissed off and plan to leave because of Brexit.

As any rational person can see the leavers can produce no rational reasons for leaving because there are no rational reasons for leaving.

Okiefreak and Driftrue like this.
  6. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Something interesting to note –

Many leavers here have complained about paying for EU membership for which we get all the advantages of free trade with the EU members and with the EU trade deals with none EU countries a say in the regulations and policies set by the EU.

Cost 9 billion

Boris Johnson is proposing a tax cut that will most advantage the already wealthy which will make them happy but do nothing for the UK economy and take money away from public services.

Cost 9 billion.

I wonder if the leavers will complain about the tax cuts with the same strength of feeling they do with the membership fee?

7. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

So Brexit has destroyed two Prime Minister neither of them had a plan or a clue what to do about digging themselves out of the Brexit shit that they were thrown into and from what’s been said so far by the people fighting to be the next PM neither do they

After all this time they are still shouting lies and promising unicorns

I heard this week that at a secret meeting the EU had offered to allow the UK government the chance to put Brexit ‘on ice’ for five years to allow the UK to work out what it wanted and in the meanwhile allowing it into discussions on adapting a new EU.

It was rejected in favour of carrying on stabbing ourselves repeatedly in the foot.

The EU gave us an extension and told us to ‘use our time wisely’ so what have we done we decided to piss the time away on a conservative leader campaign involving more lies about the wonders of Brexit.

Still no coherent or rational plan that can stand up to even the slightest of scrutiny

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    soulcompromise likes this.
  8. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

This did not soon die my friend. Well done.

9. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

No

10. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

You are talking shit my friend. Learn how economics work then come back.

11. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Alonso

Who are you talking to and what the fuck are you going on about?

If it is about the 9 billion EU membership fee it doesn’t make economic sense to stop been in the EU to save it, I mean you save the 9 billion only to lose 30, 50, a 100 billion and long term even more that’s just plain silly and are you really going to try and defend Johnson's trickle down tax cutting?

12. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I find it ironic that Britain is asking the EU for help in protecting it's ships from attacks by Iran.

13. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

So Brexit has suspended not just austerity but neoliberalism as well, it seems its back to Keynes in a very big way under the false beard and glasses of ‘Boosterism’

Borrowing money to spend it on….well everything it seems, and we do seem to be talking big money here with sums from 60 billion to a 100 billion been batted around.

The right wing must be really worried about Brexit to dump all their ideology just like that - one day it’s the fiscal prudence of Scrooge when it comes to public spending and the next it’s a like a hen party trying to max out a credit card, spend, spend, spend.

But hold up I should say there are lots of promises of money in the future, the jam will come but not just yet and ‘only’ if things turn out fine…so have things changed?

I mean we know that things are not going to turn out fine so….

Do you remember the bus, the bus that seemed to promise so much for the NHS during the leave campaign only to be told afterwards that it wasn’t a promise, it wasn’t even an aspiration it was just a possible maybe depending on others things and well let’s move on and forget that…

What is that old saying – fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

14. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Well the thing that didn’t work to was to tell the EU that it had to drop all its key principles and do what we want because we buy loads of EU goods.

So we got an extension brought in another team and the plan is – to tell the EU that it had to drop all its key principles and do what we want because we buy loads of EU goods.

Oh and if they don’t do it we will shot ourselves in the head and they will be sorry because blood and brain matter might get on their cloths and they will have to dry clean them.

We were told by the rest of the EU not to waste the time we were given – but leavers don’t listen to ‘Brussels bureaucrats’ so they stuck up two fingers and wasted the time instead.

15. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

As many have warned the trick the shysters that lied us into Brexit are going to use to deflect the blame from themselves for all the crap it is going to cause is to say it’s all the EU’s fault.

Yesterday – Michael Gove was all over the news blaming the EU for ‘refusing to negotiate’ when the truth is that it’s completely the other way around its Boris, Gove and the rest of the Brexit leavers in government that are refusing to negotiate with the EU in any good faith.

They have basically refused to talk unless the EU removes the Irish backstop which the EU has already explained at length and in detail why it can’t.

It like having a divorce where the husband is demanding that one of the clauses should be that he should get exclusive right to have sex with her whenever he wants – then when she explains why that is never going to happen him going – ‘it saddens me to say that she is refusing to negotiate’

Thing is that there are going to me many who will soak up the lie and believe it the truth.

I mean how is this going to go well – we will still need to trade with the EU after Brexit whatever form it takes how is well and truly pissing off the EU going to help in those negotiations?

16. Boozercruiser

I see you are still spouting demented unfounded shite Bulby.
    Pray tell me.
    What’s it like wallowing in a chess pit?
    I bet it stinks to high heaven down there.
    Just like the EU! :smile:

17. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

pretty demented to have a belief you cannot explain though, boozer

18. Boozercruiser

Please do not tell lies like that drift.
    How dare you!
    You are either a lier or your 'thick'.
    So which one is it then?
    Below is just a tiny part of comments I have made as to why I believe we should leave the bastard EU made in my 'I have Joined The Brexit Party thread', in which you have seen and joined in and commented on.
    I have made many posts in this thread also in respect of my reasoning why we should just LEAVE MEANS LEAVE!

But just like Bulby all you want to do is make scurrilous lying statements in order to cover your shite belief that we should remain part of the EU superstate.

Please just read below, and then apologise to me for lying through your teeth in this and other threads.

--------

'The issue was simple.
    Stay in the EU and be part of a superstate.
    Or leave and take back control of our country.'
    -----
    'Thank you for your considered words there.
    Immigration is fine, particularly if they are genuine refugees and genuine people who want to work and contribute.
    Problem is that the UK has been swamped by immigration and for one there are not the houses and stuff to cope, and there are many other issues as well.
    Far too many to discuss here as i would be prodding my phone all day long!'
    -------
    Brexit wasn’t complicated until May and her mostly remain MPs got their grubby little hands on it.

'No deal is better than a bad deal she said.
    Well her deal is a bucket of crap.

This issue was simple for me.

1. I want to leave the EU and take back control of our country.
    2. I want our country to make our own laws and rules and govern ourselves completely.
    This without the EU tail wagging the dog.
    3. I did not want to stay in the EU and be part of a superstate.
    4. I want this country of ours to have total control of our borders and control immigration.
    Afer all.
    It is my opinion that our country has gone to the dogs because of far too many foreigners coming in, and our culture has been sunk in a sea of immigrants.
    5. Our NHS cannot cope.
    6. Our housing cannot cope.
    7. Our police cannot cope with crime and terrorism mostly imported from far eastern countries.
    8. I was fed up with us giving billions of pounds in order to help feed the useless undemocratic eurocrats and overall, there are 46,356 people employed across all EU institutions, agencies and bodies, and breeding more as we speak.

I could go on for hours typing here trying to educate you on this matter, but I have an evening of better things to do lined up.-- '
    ---------
    'I have to go out right now, but yes talking about taking back control.
    Once we are out of the EU we will be able to Take Back Control of our fishing waters.
    At the moment the French in particular, but others as well are fishing in our waters and in effect nicking our fish, including scallops..

Perhaps read this:

MAPPED: Where can the British and French fish for scallops? Where are the boundaries?

A SCALLOPS war has broken out over the English Channel, with British and French vessels clashing in angry exchanges over capture of the valuable shellfish.
    Where can they fish for scallops and what are the boundaries?'
    -------
    Did you not read my post number 54 then?
    I think below should answer your questions.
    Below is what it will mean to me by taking back control of at least most of the relevant issues.
    At present we DO NOT have total control of the issues I mention.
    The EU DOES!

If my answers don't then I have no desire to try and educate you further.
    Talking to someone who doesn't listen carefully to what I say has no appeal to me.
    Cheers!

However, please allow me to have just one last go at explaining to you why my Wife and I want to leave the EU.
    And I will NOT have either the inclination or the time to keep trying to justify myself to remoaners who are sore losers, and who would not know what democracy was if it slapped them in the gob!

Brexit wasn’t complicated until May and her mostly remain MPs got their grubby little hands on it.

No deal is better than a bad deal she said.
    Well her deal is a bucket of crap.

This issue was simple for me.

1. I want to leave the EU and take back control of our country.
    2. I want our country to make our own laws and rules and govern ourselves completely.
    This without the EU tail wagging the dog.
    3. I did not want to stay in the EU and be part of a superstate.
    4. I want this country of ours to have total control of our borders and control immigration.
    Afer all.
    It is my opinion that our country has gone to the dogs because of far too many foreigners coming in, and our culture has been sunk in a sea of immigrants.
    5. Our NHS cannot cope.
    6. Our housing cannot cope.
    7. Our police cannot cope with crime and terrorism mostly imported from far eastern countries.
    8. I was fed up with us giving billions of pounds in order to help feed the useless undemocratic eurocrats and overall, there are 46,356 people employed across all EU institutions, agencies and bodies, and breeding more as we speak.

I could go on for hours typing here trying to educate you further on this matter, but I have a day of better things to do lined up.

Have a nice day.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    WritersPanic likes this.
  19. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Booze

LOL wow your comeback has such intellectual weight and shows such depth of knowledge about the subject, you are a shining example of a leaver.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  20. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Booze

LOL oh my poor little booze hound – we all know you have made comments the big thing is that you have NEVER been able to address any of the criticism of them although you often lie that you do I mean you can reprint loads of stuff but you don’t point out that you run away whenever your ideas are challenged, with your record (that can be checked and verified) it is you that should be apologising for your behaviour.