Brexit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BlackBillBlake, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Seems Everybody Hates The English Again !! Well Fuck it I say
    The EC was Fucked anyway Somebody Had to do something There will be changes now for sure
    What People outside this Country don't realize is that the Working Classes In the Uk have Had Enough
    Its Probably Not a Vote against Europe as Such but A vote of Desperation [​IMG]

Problem is we never had a revolution Here and We Need one
    anyway here is my 2p Worth
    https://youtu.be/9foi342LXQE

1 person likes this.
  2. Rots in hell

They Will negotiate ( they have no Choice but to ) we are still part of Europe That's Geography

3. Rots in hell

So do you think that the Euro will remain unaffected by one of the main contributors to the EU leaving?

Markets and currencies don't work in isolation: Over the next few weeks there will instabilities in all of them, then it will even out again.

1 person likes this.
  4. morrow

morrow Visitor

You have not got a clue guys, same as we haven't got a clue about your gun mad laws!

You haven't or don't live our world! You can call the UK people idiots all you want! Good luck with Trump! Cos your likely gonna get him!

Oh and when your in dire straights...remember it was a Brit tried to sort it for you!

Lmao!

5. Rots in hell

Anyway I thought I was Voting For Breakfast

6. morrow

morrow Visitor

Lunch here :cool:

7. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Sorry, no sense. Neither geographically nor administratively.

There are almost always choices. Despite what they say on TV.

8. morrow

morrow Visitor

Isn't having choice grounds for negotiation?

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Too bad the british won't get the positive change people like Boris Johnson argued they will get now they're out. It really seems not necessary, in fact rather unnecessary. And I'm not saying this as pro EU person who dislikes it that the UK is leaving. The Uk will struggle at least as much with things like economy, social issues etc. as before, they just don't have to bother with the EU as much on certain things. Imo the people were classically fooled once again. But hey, it was their own referendum and choice so... they have to suck it up.

Lol, it would be intriguing to see another UK referendum happening where they could revote. But what's the fricking point. They're really talking about it though. Not talking about the Scottish one.

1 person likes this.
  10. Asmodean

The EU and Europe are different things. UK is still part of Europe.

11. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Have to agree 100% with that.

As to what can be done to ensure it won't happen again - I can't see much at all. We have a population pretty much brainwashed by the rhetoric of right wing media.To me it seems that what happened during the campaign was that racism, hubris and nationalism had a field day. However, the things people were really protesting with the 'out' vote, such as immigration, won't really change it seems, nor will the political establishment, other than that we'll probably get an even more right wing government who will probably introduce permanent 'austerity'.

1 person likes this.
  12. BlackBillBlake

Wales mainly voted 'out'. The situation in Ireland is complicated, but Northern Ireland (the British part) voted 'remain'. Probably there will be agitation for a united Ireland - how far that will go is very difficult to assess. Given the trouble there that we were seeing a few years ago, I don't think it bodes well at all.

13. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Czechout? Departugal?

4 people like this.
  14. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. Asmodean

Ausswiss?

Oh no, Switzerland was already the smart one from the beginning :D

1 person likes this.
  16. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Only Remania will stay

1 person likes this.
  17. BlackBillBlake

Really the city of London as a financial centre is already very much separate from the European Central Bank. The complexities of Brexit will no doubt impact the city. Most of the financial big guns wanted to remain in the EU.

Cameron will go down in history as one of the weakest and most ineffective PM's we ever had. He's presided over the rise of food bank culture in Britain, and now because of internal divisions within his party, he'll be remembered as the PM who took us out of Europe - something he said he didn't want. Trouble is, his replacement is likely to be even more of a dick. Those who voted 'out' as a protest against the political establishment were sadly mistaken if they imagined anything better was going to come out of this.

Another aspect of this is that about 75% of younger people voted to stay in, and it's their futures that are being sacrificed on the alter of personal ambition of the likes of Johnson and Farage. As Disunited Kingdom falls apart, they will be the main losers.

I don't think Obama could have done anything different that would have led to a happier outcome. Him coming here and saying we should stay in may have fed into the nationalistic feelings which led to the out vote. Like big brother coming with threats - that's how some people saw it, and that was stoked up as usual by our friends in the gutter press.

I think a lot of people will end up feeling betrayed by the brexiters - time will tell. But probably the next govt. will be even worse than this one, and the country will continue on an accelerated decline.

Putin has said something about Cameron acting irresponsibly in saying Putin wanted brexit. Vlad himself says they were careful not to express a view.

Cameron acted irresponsibly IMO in having a referendum in the first place due to divisions and fears in the conservative party.

We'll have to wait and see how it will all play out. I'm not expecting anything good to come out of it.

18. Asmodean

Lol, it is very clear for any person with a brain what Putin's view on a weaker EU is. It suits him greatly. I wouldn't worry about Putin though (not even if I was in a baltic state, I would only worry about Putin if I was Ukrainian or russian myself :p). Russia has its own problems. We europeans seem to be our own biggest threat :p Just like americans are their own biggest threat. The turks are their own biggest threat and the russians are THEIR own biggest threat :p

1 person likes this.
  19. BlackBillBlake

Slight correction - I notice that my small Bitcoin holding has risen in value to a point where it's now gone up considerably from what I bought in at 18 months ago - no doubt due to the uncertainly in the money markets this is causing. If I were to sell today, I'd have made about 50% profit. Not bad on such a small amount invested.
    Probably good news too for anyone holding gold.

However - I'd rather we were staying in the EU and my investment wiped out.

20. BlackBillBlake

No doubt Putin will be having a good laugh. I was only repeating what I read.