Brexit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BlackBillBlake, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Thank you for the thank you traitor Balbus.
    Apart from that.
    Sod off! :tonguewink:

2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Booze

Oh poor little booze go on say mudblood for me…LOL

But seriously, I don’t think of you as a traitor, I think you are ill informed to the point of been wilfully ignorant, but I don’t think you irredeemable and I feel sorry for you because one day I think you will look back and regret what your past self did.

3. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Calling a political opponent a traitor can be viewed as being not a very veiled threat I mean the traditional sentence for traitors is death, so its basically saying ‘if it was in my power I’d have you killed’ and that is the reason it has been given for many a political assassination.

It has to be remembered that Thomas Mair who murdered Jo Cox MP because of her remainer views gave his name in court as “death to traitors, freedom for Britain”

Now I’m not saying that Booze is that kind of psychopath and was probably just not thinking that straight and just wanting to be dramatic but such sentiments highlight the size of the division Breixit has raught in UK society.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  4. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

The European elections 23 May 2019

For the remainers this is a complete fuck up, for which I mainly blame the Labour leadership.

OK so the Conservative Party are not even campaigning for it but the Brexit Party run by that old con artist Nigel Farage is pushing hard to get the full Brexit vote, which he is likely to get.

On the other side is a half-hearted Labour Party (but only because of the leadership not the party supporters that are over 80% pro remain)

And then the full remain parties - The lib Dems and the Greens and now we have also Change UK

So we will definitely get at least two but possibly a three or even four way split on the remain side.

That isn’t a good story.

And the right wing media especially the wealth owned newspapers will crow any Brexit vote as some type of overwhelming leaver victory.

5. Boozercruiser

BREXIT means BREXT.
    LEAVE means LEAVE.
    No Deal Is Better than a Bad Deal.

Sod the Remainiacs.
    Us patriots want our country back.
    And
    TAKE BACK CONTROL!

AND:

[​IMG] :tongueclosed::tongueout::smile::smiley::laughing::grinning:

VOTE FOR THE BREXIT PARTY TOMORROW IN THE EU ELECTION!

6. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

It Could be that People actually Want Britain to leave the EU !
    Whats this 80% you quoted ? [​IMG]

7. Rots in hell

It Could be that People actually Want Britain to leave the EU !
    Whats this 80% you quoted ? [​IMG]

8. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mal

Not sure what this is or where you got it from i mean 'probably' reminds me of the Carlsberg advert that claimed it was ‘probably the best larger in the world’ when the larger always tasted like piss to me.

Well according to a study by Prof Tim Bale of Queen Mary University of London

Labour members are significantly more opposed to Brexit than Jeremy Corbyn is, with 72% of them thinking their leader should fully support a second referendum, according to a study of attitudes in the party.

The polling, part of an ongoing wider academic study into attitudes in various parties, found that only 18% opposed Labour campaigning for a second referendum, while 88% would then opt for remain if such a vote was held.

9. Rots in hell

10. Boozercruiser

Thank you very much for posting that You Tube Video Mal.
    My Wife and I watched that all the way through, and that Brexit MEP guy was absolutely spot on with every single word he said.
    Thank you again.
    Of course if you know who would care to watch it, then that would in turn generate a lot of turd like questions and comments.

11. Rots in hell

Thats complete Bullshit !

The latest estimate from Comres is that 26% of those who voted Labour in 2017 voted Leave in 2016 - that's 3.3 million people.

And YouGov reckons that 29% of those who voted Labour in 2017 and voted in the EU Referendum, voted Leave - that's about 3.5 million.

12. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mal

Can’t find that figure can you point to it or why you think it relivant?

I mean it says that 63% of labour supporters voted to remain in in 2016 (page 21) which goes up to a projected 77% if a Referendum to stay in the EU or to leave were held tomorrow (Page 25)?

Did you actually go through these figures (or just cut and paste them from the BBC website)?

For example did you see the below?

How did you vote in the EU Referendum in 2016? (Page 24)

Remain 48%

Leave 52%

How would you vote if a Referendum to stay in the EU or to leave were held tomorrow?(page 25)

Remain 55%

Leave - 38%

Again what are you looking at it says some 71% Labour supporters voted to remain in 2017

“Their 2017 vote was made up of 71% Remain voters and 29% Leave voters”

And many have shifted their position after realising they were lied to in the campaign so the figure as Comres indicate has probably gone up to remain.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  13. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mal - Booze

Well most of the video was flim flam

The one thing in it was about having a WTO Brexit

Thing is I don’t believe you two actually understand what that means?

Booze says “that Brexit MEP guy was absolutely spot on with every single word he said”

So great then you must be able to explain it.

So can you explain in your own words what trading under WTO rules mean and why you think it is better than what we do now?

LOL I’m guessing both of you will make excuses.

14. Boozercruiser

Boring.
    Boring.
    Boring!

[​IMG] :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

15. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Booze

Oh I love you

This was the kind of reply I was hoping for – yes of course you are afraid of honest discussion you realise that with the views you have you can’t do it.

16. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

The false idea that British Steels problems are all the fault of the EU is going the rounds and been just accepted, once more, without question by many of the leavers.

This is yet another example of what has been going on for years in the UK with both left and right wing governments (but mainly the right wingers) blaming the EU for things that are really all their own fault.

It is the way that many people’s minds were poisoned against the EU

I also believe it is a harbinger for the future with all the problems that Brexit has brought and will bring been pinned on the EU rather than those that conned people into voting for leave.

17. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

May just quit. What now?

soulcompromise likes this.
  18. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I heard she's not officially out until June 7th, 2019. Don't quote me though; I don't remember my source. :)

NM I found my source...
    Theresa May to resign as UK Prime Minister - CNN

19. Boozercruiser

Hopefully now to either Boris Johnston or preferably Jacob Rhees Mog, leading to a No Deal Brexit.
    Bring it on!

20. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

You'll be sorry!